Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 52

Author Topic: Bloodyhells - Succession: Battlefailed #5 (42.06)  (Read 132715 times)

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodyhells - Succession: Battlefailed #5 (42.06)
« Reply #510 on: September 18, 2016, 07:15:56 pm »

I don't like waves. Magma would do wonders for much of the surface.

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: September 18, 2016, 07:25:14 pm »

I don't like waves. Magma would do wonders for much of the surface.
To be fair, the waves don't exactly have much use, and magma is always a solution.

alternatively the waves could be used for a secure intermittent watering system for a mist generator via fortifications and aqueduct.  Might be an FPS heavy alternative though.

So +1 to covering the surface in a layer of magma. 
Orichalcum Dwarf Fortress: An expansion mod giving extra realistic options to many un-and-underused materials in game.  [currently out of date, may be revived in the future]

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 18, 2016, 07:27:51 pm »

Magma would be a great solution to the water problem, yeah. Everybody loves obsidian!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 19, 2016, 07:35:31 pm »

Coming up on the end of Autumn. Pushing to finish the pump stack. Powerplant only just started. Only two of the living migrants were secured and they're both slightly injured.

I started from Deus Asmoth's turn near the end of Autumn. Shall I finish the year? Probably still not enough time to get a 1kurist aquifer water wheel setup running though.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 19, 2016, 09:14:35 pm »

Finish it, I suggest. Not sure exactly what are you pumping where.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 20, 2016, 04:52:34 am »

Excellent updates Crashmaster, it's great to see things finally coming together.

Go ahead and finish the year. Do be quicker about it though, your turn is running a bit lengthy at this point. I haven't been commenting much because I've been focused on my new job.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 07:43:15 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: September 20, 2016, 02:05:02 pm »

Zutthan Authortrumpets Ranger's Field Journal

Tosid wrote this

As soon as the nefarious cloud is gone the three of us return to the floor construction. There is a lot more commotion then normal to the north and east where the cloud had passed over a group of travellers.
Before long we see a human bard crawling slowly and painfully towards us from that direction.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We paid it no mind but it's howling attracted the attention of some of those that had been changed by the cloud. Zutthan saw the first, a naked dwarf poet husk, while getting a log. He slipped away from that one as it drove the human bard south.

He didn't see the human dancer husk I guess though. "Always check for a trailing attacker." It jumps him by the small construction. I rally Mistem and  try and charge through the dwarf poet husk to join him.

It us takes too long to defeat the dwarf poet husk. Zutthan collapses and dies while tanking a shield-beating right as we get there and the human dancer husk leaps at Mistem.

Mistem didn't have a chance. I should have left him to care for the other three.

The fight was difficult and long but the thing had no edged weapon. I weathered a few blows suffering nothing but bruises from it's shield before finally splitting it's head asunder like it was soil.

After sleeping most of the bruises off my old unhealed wounds are real noticable. Still feels bad. Back to work. Finished the big floor. Very weak. Brought a few things inside. Don't want to seal the surface in case I get too weak to re-open it. Must keep working, the other three are still injured. Faint. I need to secure water inside then I can seal us off from the surface and maybe I can get them recovered with some time.
Slow.
Hard to dig.
Tired.
Can't hold pick and book at once.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 20, 2016, 08:18:55 pm »

Unarmed dwarves versus a husk? That didn't go too badly.

Oh wait, they had a pick.

Aw, poor Tosid. It's ok, death is not forever!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: September 20, 2016, 08:25:12 pm »

Aw, poor Tosid. It's ok, death is not forever!
Yes it is, he's not a forumite! Only forumites can body-hop!

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 20, 2016, 08:44:51 pm »

Oh no, I wasn't speaking of body hopping at all. Why take a new body when there's a good one right there?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 20, 2016, 09:05:48 pm »

death might not be forever, but undeath sure is!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: September 20, 2016, 09:08:06 pm »

oh yeah

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 21, 2016, 01:41:56 pm »

Zutthan Authortrumpets Ranger's Field Journal

Tosid wrote this

Iden's Notes

It was Avuz who brought it up first I think. Since Mistem left to get some water a few weeks ago nobody has been back to look at our finger cuts. Mine really stings. We're all pretty tired of sitting here though so Imush leads the plan to sneak out of the hospital to get some booze.

It was strangely quite. Seems we are alone here. The only dwarf we saw was a corpse that died peacefully with a pick in his hand. This old journal was beside him. The wine is fine but the company got worse when mid-drink the dead miner's corpse shables around the corner. I hooked it's left foot off with my pick then benecked it when it hit the ground. We got work to do.

The stockpiles are lacking a few things in here and are way too rich in reanimating corpse pieces. The dead miner's corpse comes alive once more briefly before Avuz dumps it on a pile of it's severed bits on the surface.

I don't know what he saw up there but we have a problem. Avuz is fey. He stopped on the surface at the edge of the ramp and won't come back in. Just stares off and he's not even looking the right way as a husked goblin crossbowman with no bolts limps towards him trailing a line of blood.

Imush stops stockpiling a rope and uses one of the anvils in here to start making a forge since Avuz was an armoursmith before we came here. Avuz finally sees the goblin husk and bolts north west away from the fort. The goblin husk is very fast and catching up with him as he rounds the pond when I see he really is fey.

Avuz heads south to the west of the shore where he waits with a human lasher and bowman hanging around watching the waves. The forge is just completed when the lamb and donkey rush past in terror. A human poet husk is in the fort. Imush was mining so rushes it with his pick. He does a lot of damage to it but with little effect while taking a beating all over. I'll need some protection.

Together we finished the thing quickly and also the miners neck needed to be smashed again. Imush is bloodied and seems to have some internal injuries but is otherwise whole. We realizing that we havn't eaten since before entering the hospital when Avuz charges in to the forge to demand only one thing.

I was looking for wagon wrecks from the entrance in hope of finding iron bars when I saw Imush headed west to the pond to clean himself off. The goblin crossbowman husk that Avuz dodged is still over there. I yelled at him to come back but he saw too late. The goblin husk was no slower then before and runs him down. Imush rained blows on the thing tearing cunk after chunk out of it but that did nothing to slow the husk's emotionless onslaught and he was beaten down and dead.

We're sealed in now for sure. Fuck the surface. I've got two cranberries, a couple of half-full barrels of wine and a roommate who may go berserk in a couple months. Great.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 22, 2016, 12:09:17 am »

Avuz...Unfortunate fate, that.

Of course, normal evil 3-dwarf embark wouldn't have that happen. Would surface hobos realize that there must be more dwarves somewhere for feyness to come?

Maybe  should build some bathtubs in my forts...Maybe with minecart guide timer to occassionally cleanse.

Are grown spears better than bare fists?

Husks...Right, inheriting skills.

Hm...two cranberries, bit of wine. Are you using burrows to stretch alcohol twice as far?

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: September 23, 2016, 02:14:14 am »

Things went ok.

save: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12456

The surface might need another month in the oven.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 52