Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 52

Author Topic: Bloodyhells - Succession: Battlefailed #5 (42.06)  (Read 133972 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodyhells - Succession: Battlefailed #5 (42.06)
« Reply #600 on: December 08, 2016, 04:23:48 am »

- Good luck!

- So much claystone.

- Poor elves.

- Coral is weak. Shatter.

Ahehehehe. Titans are stronger against fire than their appearance leds one to believe.

@TheFlame52: I think this is large simple world with slightly dfhacked embark, so perhaps 150 total - Assuming around fifth of them died in 300 years, the fortress has killed like 5, so there should be still ~115 remaining.

Lebo

• Bay Watcher
  • A breakdancing troll.
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: December 08, 2016, 08:22:17 am »

Yeah, I am pretty sure the coral beast won't burn away, but it seemed the dorfy way to deal with the fucker. The fact that it also spits webs made me think that attempts to man up against it with military would lead to utter destruction for our soldiers, and probably the unfortunate not-hilarious end to the fort.

Maybe we'll get lucky and it'll trap itself under the obsidian crust in the ocean though. We got plenty of trapped horrors already, what's one more?

Anyway... Starting to play again, will use this post to update on whatever may happen. Hopefully something will happen.

Tenth entry, year 308. Fell spirits are about.

While we are currently still waiting for the flood of lava to do away with the titan, I learned of another incident.

I could say I am shocked and appalled that the dead pester the- well, undead or whatever we are these days, but I will not lie. There have been plenty of sightings of wailing ghosts and other apparitions around here after all. One of them probably got jealous of Senshuken making a magnificent mechanism earlier, and wants to show them whatfor.

That, or this is the beginning of the end for our fort. Maybe if we put the two of them together somewhere they could cancel each other out? Assuming of course, that Senshukens artifact is of benevolent nature. Who am I to judge, really?

Eleventh entry, year 308. This is ridiculous, this isn't even funny.

The spirit sure did want to one up Senshuken.

Claystone is apparently the go-to stone for people touched by inspiration, or spirits alike. Well, I won't complain. Hearing these news differs from the usual "I'm still miserable." that I hear so much around here still.

Zuglarkun by the way has decided to abandon all hope apparently. The man hasn't touched the stockpile record books in months, and is still praying to their deity. Well, I guess if you have an eternity, why not pray for months and months?

Twelth entry, year 308. I recall a human saying, something about rain.

We finally sent a scout to see how crispy Tunem had turned. To my dismay, they had not. Instead, they had taken to the highground and climbed a tree. So instead of one burnt titan, we now have one burnt countryside.

And of course that's not the worst of it.

Let's see, what's next, someone going crazy and killing everyone now that we are very efficiently trapped? At least good old Shorast is here to bring back some sense into all this, by announcing loudly that we are not to let go of our leather armor. I will make a note of it.

6 months, 10 days. Oh god it's going so slow that it's killing my brain. Besides the stress. Also I am pretty sure that one of the bugs I remember from good old days is in 42.06, considering how I think from the start, Zuglar hasn't been doing anything else except praying. I didn't really notice it that much, until the stockpile records started to get out of date. Was it that the praying dorfs never finish the pray job, or it's ridiculously slow?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 02:16:41 pm by Lebo »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: December 08, 2016, 12:33:51 pm »

Trying to restore some FPS?

Lebo

• Bay Watcher
  • A breakdancing troll.
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: December 08, 2016, 02:19:03 pm »

I guess that is one thing that I could try. I mean, the surface right now is mostly lava and 2 titans, but the interiors are filled with so much random crap. Might as well check the best spot for garbage disposal, but well, 20 dorfs. And like 7 of them are currently perma-praying.

Oh well. We'll see how it goes. Probably I won't get to see any FPS improvement, but maybe the next player will, ha.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: December 08, 2016, 04:01:58 pm »

On that note, how's obsidianizing the sea? Iirc it isn't reanimating, so makes for a slightly more attractive place to build fort in: Corpses will stay dead until a dwarf sees them, instead of until three days have passed.

Lebo

• Bay Watcher
  • A breakdancing troll.
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: December 09, 2016, 12:40:18 am »

I guess it is possible, but it'd take some work, since there are what, three layers of ocean? A lot of mining, channeling... Yeah. Could work. Not sure if I have the time to start the project though.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: December 10, 2016, 11:03:19 pm »

The FPS issue probably has more to do with the increasingly massive horde of undead critters under the fortress.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 09:37:37 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Lebo

• Bay Watcher
  • A breakdancing troll.
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: December 11, 2016, 08:20:34 am »

Maybe. Quite a few of them got squished when that new forgotten beast showed up, but I recall that it got its head caved in by a zed FB. Or maybe I'm wrong, there are too many primordial horrors lurking around to keep track of.

Anyway, I am back from STUFF and will again start chugging along. By Finland time, I got about 9 hours until technically we are over my time of playing (I can't fucking believe I instantly got busy as hell the day I get the save) so we'll see how far I'll get. If I have like only a few months left after 9 hours, I guess if it's allowed I can try to chug along during next week, although I got a deadline pressing on, so maybe I'll just call it quits however far I get and pass the save to the next person so we can keep moving.

Lebo

• Bay Watcher
  • A breakdancing troll.
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: December 11, 2016, 04:29:58 pm »

Twelth entry, year 308. At least one good thing came out of the mess above.

For the lack of better things to do, I took a peek outside. Well, the sound of colossal beasts battling also had something to do with my curiosity being overcome by my previous orders to keep everything shut down tight.

We are now plagued by only one horrible creature aboveground. I guess that's something.

Thirteenth entry, year 308. How appropriate of a number.

I have heard word of an unfortunate accident.

NCommander swears they have no memory of ever doing harm to Balnash, but the bloodied hands and one dead Balnash in a crowded temple room speak otherwise. I could say I want to dispense justice, but we have already deemed this the work of the restless dead, more precisely, the spirit of Zuglarkun!

...wait... Oh whatever, I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation to it. I've given the order for a memorial slab to be made posthaste, so we can avoid further haunting related fatal injuries.

Fourteenth entry, year 308.

Well fuck me sideways.

We did at least get to slab Zuglar's lost spirit or whatever, so now I dare say with absolute certain that we will avoid further haunting related fatal injuries.

Well, I think it's about time I have to throw in the towel. I barely got started on the 8th month before figuring that I just don't have the time anymore until the unspecified future, so yeah. We're now down to 19 dorfs thanks to the god damn ghosts, so yeah. That's about it, I think.

Uploaded the save.. Good luck to the next guy, just take over the fort in a hostile takeover manner or whatever, because I'm outie!

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: December 12, 2016, 09:38:16 pm »

TheError has been informed and has 3 2 days to respond.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: December 13, 2016, 03:26:21 am »

- Oh, neat, Titan battle! Much more understandable than FB battle!

- Non-dwarf "broker necromancer"? As opposed to what, bodiless necromancer?

...Zuglaaaaaaar!
- Sounds like battlefailed curse ate you. Still, good way up the hill.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: December 17, 2016, 02:15:52 pm »

Spriggans is too busy to play their turn, so we're moving down the line to Ghills.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: December 22, 2016, 12:43:31 am »

Spriggans is too busy to play their turn, so we're moving down the line to Ghills.

I've got Christmas stuff going on and there is no way I can play before the 28th at the earliest.  Are there any objections to starting my turn then?
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: December 24, 2016, 11:11:10 am »

That's fine I guess, as long as you do play your turn when the time comes.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 52