Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 52

Author Topic: Bloodyhells - Succession: Battlefailed #5 (42.06)  (Read 134039 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodyhells - Succession: Battlefailed #5 (42.06)
« Reply #645 on: January 11, 2017, 12:38:22 pm »

- Not husking fog?

Okay then. Byebye, goblins.

- The one you rescued may die a grisly death.

Better for us, though.

- How is that pikeman still alive?

- I suppose querns are necessary for paper.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: January 12, 2017, 12:53:16 pm »

The human pikeman Xugot Unacoko isn't so much trapped as he is imprisoned for being a vampire and draining one of the few living dwarfs to death in that little double-flooded bolt-hole fort. Carelessness during the flooding emergency let him get out of his cell already but fortune kept him on the right side of the walls.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 12, 2017, 06:10:54 pm »

...We all could have been vampire necromancers if we'd juiced the guy in a well before letting anyone read the book.

The elves could still be made to drink from the well actually
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 06:13:19 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #648 on: January 13, 2017, 12:43:26 am »

...We all could have been vampire necromancers if we'd juiced the guy in a well before letting anyone read the book.

The elves could still be made to drink from the well actually

For some reason, I can't seem to get the idea of a vampire hippy walking up to a tree and sucking it of sap ...
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 14, 2017, 11:34:58 am »

Sorry for the delay - thought I had a cold, turned out to be a sinus infection, I've spent most of the past 2 days in bed. Final post and save will be up later today.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: January 15, 2017, 12:00:30 am »

We got a visitor! We got a visitor! Hurr-oh.

Farewell, you crazy badass dwarf. It wasn't your fault you landed right on top of a goblin siege, although I do have to wonder what you thought the outcome of visiting this fort would be.

Flush with success, the goblins decide to take on the giant undead osprey. It goes badly for them. The siege is lifted and Reg Bulbwhips is revenged!

After a more thorough investigation, I find that the staircase the human maceman is trapped on leads up to the dirt levels. Not to an exit, but somewhere up there. Digging is stopped to prevent the chance of someone wandering up to places they really shouldn't.

The recently re-elected mayor has decided he wants some leather armor. Unfortunately, we have absolutely no leather.

The past year hasn't turned out too badly.  Quite a lot of garbage got dumped.  The smooth-everything-we-can-reach initiative means that reachable fort territory is more visually distinct now.  Rescuing a trapped visitor was deemed too risky, but we got some gems out of the preliminary digging so that was alright. A siege came and went without anyone in the fort noticing.

Our fort continues to be a trap for the unwary, having killed or scared off every surface visitor.

The new hospital zone is coming along nicely. It needs tables and some more gypsum powder, but at least now our undead inhabitants don't need to trek upstairs for basic medical care. A well is in progress over the artificial pond, hopefully that will be done before autumn.

Now all we need to do is get them to actually use it.  The dwarves have a variety of old injuries that need treatment.

Several of the dwarves are unhappy after not eating or acquiring things recently. I'm launching an rock crafting campaign to ameliorate that, but getting them to eat might be trickier. We have prepared meals, but they don't seem to be eating much.

Figuring out some way to get everyone to bathe would be great. We do have that pool near the top of the rock levels. I was focused on the lower levels and didn't try to set up bathing there, but it might be the best place for it.

Security is improved, although it looks like there are still issues relating to the water pumping system.  The way the nuthatch FB made a beeline for the fort makes me suspect that there's some opening flying beasts can use that grounded ones can't.

Save: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12657
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #651 on: January 15, 2017, 03:22:36 am »

I believe I'm next up. Downloading ...

EDIT: What version is the save on before I load it up? 42.06?
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: January 15, 2017, 01:05:55 pm »

I believe I'm next up. Downloading ...

EDIT: What version is the save on before I load it up? 42.06?

Yup!

If you look at the DFFD page, that always has the DF version on the right hand side.
To summarize:

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: January 15, 2017, 02:26:26 pm »

I don't know where the nuthatch was trying to get to but there is at least one issue with caverns security. On level 45 the old abandoned/ partially-flooded spiral ramp is open to the caverns one z-level above the cavern floor. The spiral ramp goes down to the irrigation pump on level 29 just SW of the plots where there is an unlocked door that leads back up accessing the spiral ramp on level 41 and bypassing the remaining flooding to give unrestriced climber/ flyer fort access.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: January 15, 2017, 02:37:49 pm »

• That's unfortunate timing for a visitor...make that very unfortunate.

At first, I thought they picked a fight with a goblin visitor due being at war with the civ. Then I saw the other goblins.

Haunt on, Reg Egebbomrek.

• As for the mayor, no livestock I take it? Butchering should be doable under ocean. Though there shouldn't be anyone to punish for failing the mandate, I think.

• Roomy hospital. I take it you planned to install some safeties in case of unruly patients?

Though yeah, old injuries may not get retreated - never treated, if it is something like broken toe.

Some soap would be nice as well, if you desire bathings. Probably would have to be rock nut soap, granted.

• Necromancers don't eat. Not a big deal, if you have spare happiness. Guessing that's in short supply, however.

• Didn't expect NCommander to be active; good luck!

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #655 on: January 15, 2017, 06:36:36 pm »

I just looked at the save, and my eyes went cross-eyed.

We've got a giant slab of obsidian going across the edge of the map, a three-ring undead circus complete with two insane necromancer ringmasters, and 19 dwarfs. This place doesn't look so much like a fortress but an impact crater ...

I need to find some mental fortitude and then I'll play out the remainder of Ghills turn, then my own.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: January 15, 2017, 09:23:42 pm »

We've got a giant slab of obsidian going across the edge of the map, a three-ring undead circus complete with two insane necromancer ringmasters, and 19 dwarfs. This place doesn't look so much like a fortress but an impact crater ...

I need to find some mental fortitude and then I'll play out the remainder of Ghills turn, then my own.

Yeah, that was basically my reaction.

Also, there isn't any of my turn left, I thought.  I got the file in autumn 308, I passed it on in autumn 309. 

Did I upload the wrong save file?  That would be stupid but totally in keeping with this past week.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 09:29:13 pm by Ghills »
To summarize:

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: January 15, 2017, 10:04:44 pm »

Hold on. Shouldn't that be four-ring undead circus? What's with the three caverns and surface?

Or did Ghills make magma and water sea kiss again?

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #658 on: January 15, 2017, 10:05:58 pm »

Also, there isn't any of my turn left, I thought.  I got the file in autumn 308, I passed it on in autumn 309. 

Did I upload the wrong save file?  That would be stupid but totally in keeping with this past week.

Usually with most community games, if you don't get the save starting at Spring, you can play to the following spring then a full year keeping it spring to spring.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: January 15, 2017, 10:17:47 pm »

Usually with most community games, if you don't get the save starting at Spring, you can play to the following spring then a full year keeping it spring to spring.

Ah, OK.  Well, I just played a year. 
To summarize:
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 52