Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Human Town: History of Trade and Resourcefulness [Masterwork Mod Succession]  (Read 1033 times)

Puzzlebark

• Bay Watcher
  • IT'S TIME TO STOP
    • View Profile

☼HUMAN TOWN: TALES OF TRADE AND RESOURCEFULNESS☼
Engraved on the wall is a masterfully designed image of humans. The humans are playing Masterwork Dwarf Fortress.

So, we all hopefully know about Masterwork DF, right? Here's a crazy idea that totally hasn't been done before: A ☼Masterwork succession fort☼!

As the title suggests, this will not be a dwarf fortress, this will be a human town! Why, you ask? Well, it'll be both fun and !!fun!!.
Very few overseers have ruled over the tall, greedy, filthy above ground dwelling humans, and I think we should get to know them a little! If all goes well, I might do this for all the playable races in Masterwork DF. If you don't have it, you can download Masterwork Dwarf Fortress here, and get more information about it here.

Our ultimate goal is to build a giant castle and get the town's exported wealth as high as possible and trade a wide variety of items. You can't trade just rock trumpets.

RULES
-You must use Version 6.2 of Masterwork DF.
-Each turn lasts one in-game year, and you have two weeks to complete it. Once your turn is up, tell us the town's current exported wealth in your log, then upload and link your save to DFFD, preferably in a .rar or .zip file.
-While you play, record events and happenings in your log. Limit this log to one post, and edit and add more to it as you go. You can find links to each overseer's year log down below.
-Once the person before you finishes their turn, you have three days to claim the save file and let me know you have it. I will PM you when you're up next.
-Do not intentionally destroy, retire, or abandon the fortress.
-You can claim a human, simply ask to be dorfed because I couldn't find a good word to replace dorf with. You must give the human a nickname, and gender and profession are optional. If you are an overseer, try to fulfill as many dorfing requests as possible.
-You can use all the utilities provided by Masterwork, except for DFInit, PerfectWorld, and TileGenie. 
-You must use the settings listed below when playing so we can avoid any problems.

SETTINGS
These are the settings all overseers must use for Masterwork to avoid difficulties.
Spoiler: Settings (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Civilizations (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Other Creatures (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Workshops & Furnaces (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Misc. Features (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: World Gen. (click to show/hide)

NOTES
-Masterwork DF also has a detailed guide to each race, and other information. Use it! (Click the Manual button at the top of the Masterwork launcher.)
-There's a lot more !!fun!! this time around. Harder smithing, mining, farming, and learning are enabled.
-To get rid of the annoying fullscreen, go to data/init.txt in your Dwarf Fortress folder, and set WINDOWED to YES.
-Don't make tiny, claustrophobic mining tunnels. Humans aren't the best miners and don't like the dark. They will get dizzy if they spend too much time in the dark, dank mines. Make torches and skylights for miners.
-Humans don't need alcohol, but they like to drink more than just water. Make a variety of drinks like you would with dwarves.
-

We'll begin when we get at least 2 overseers (Excluding me, I get the first year). Thank you for participating!

« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 09:24:38 am by Puzzlebark »
Puzzlebark, Basement Dweller cancels Play Dwarf Fortress: Interrupted by real life.

Read (or possibly add to) the story of Beerboiled!

Puzzlebark

• Bay Watcher
  • IT'S TIME TO STOP
    • View Profile

Here's the embark site. Does this look good enough?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 12:03:05 am by Puzzlebark »
Puzzlebark, Basement Dweller cancels Play Dwarf Fortress: Interrupted by real life.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

I'll be intereted, but in a few weeks
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

kleanea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That site doesn't seem like it has a lot of metal. Maybe you should regenerate the world with mineral scarcity turned down?

Puzzlebark

• Bay Watcher
  • IT'S TIME TO STOP
    • View Profile

Eh, I  guess you're right. I'll get a better embark site in a little bit.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 08:48:18 am by Puzzlebark »