Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What's with the calendar speed option?  (Read 1854 times)

c0mplex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What's with the calendar speed option?
« on: April 23, 2016, 09:08:52 pm »

So for a while I've found that I greatly enjoy the option to alter how fast time passes on the calendar in the game (this is for the most recent Masterwork version, not Reborn). I particularly prefer the 1/8th speed option, as it gives me ample time between migrant waves and caravans to prepare and make adjustments to what jobs I need done and so on. However, I've noticed that this option does not always work. On the Settings Launcher, sometimes the Calendar Speed option becomes blanked out, other times it can be set to 1/8th speed, but it doesn't actually do it when I launch the game or make a new world with it selected.

I would like to know if there is any known bug information about this option as well as what is its source. I tried finding a possible mod that was used for it, but found nothing. If possible, I'd also like to know if there is a way to set it in game that way I can bypass the Setting Window in case that isn't working.

123nick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's with the calendar speed option?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 01:21:49 am »

regardless of calendar speed setting, you can do the same thing with DFhack, in the command prompt type in timestream 0.5 for 1/2 calendar speed, timestream 0.25 for 1/4 calendar speed, and timestream 0.125 for 1/8 calendar speed.

c0mplex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's with the calendar speed option?
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 10:06:25 pm »

regardless of calendar speed setting, you can do the same thing with DFhack, in the command prompt type in timestream 0.5 for 1/2 calendar speed, timestream 0.25 for 1/4 calendar speed, and timestream 0.125 for 1/8 calendar speed.

Ah, so it is a DFhack thing! Thank you so much for the information.