Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

[SOLVED] What makes "foreign" armour foreign?

(1/3) > >>

Roach:
I'm trying to add a new piece of armour to the game. I've got the reactions all set up and can make it just fine, it works a treat in arena mode, etc, but my dorfs don't want to equip it (or even add it to armor stockpiles!). When I try and set it up in the military equip screen this armour is displayed with (foreign) on the end, which I assume is the cause. I copied most of this armor's stuff over from dresses, and it's set up just fine in the entity, so there's nothing "weird" about it. How do I make it un-foreign? Why is it foreign in the first place?

Item raw:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)[ITEM_ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_ALNISRATH]
[NAME:alnisrath:alnisraths]
[UBSTEP:MAX]
[LBSTEP:MAX]
[SHAPED]
[LAYER:ARMOR]
[COVERAGE:100]
[LAYER_SIZE:20]
[LAYER_PERMIT:50]
[MATERIAL_SIZE: 21]
[HARD]
[METAL]
entity entry:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)[ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_ALNISRATH:COMMON]

scamtank:
Most entity changes don't stick to games in progress. Stuff like permissions are checked from the files only once during worldgen and then they're fixed, unless you're good at punching and kneading the memory structures with DFHack.

Roach:
Ah, yeah, I should've mentioned: I've been genning new worlds after changes, so they should be working.

Grimlocke:
Any armor that is not defined in the entity is seen as foreign to them, though I don't think that should technically prevent them from wearing it if its the right size.

Have you tried setting the 'replace clothing' option in the equipment screen?

Roach:

--- Quote from: Grimlocke on April 24, 2016, 11:53:00 am ---Any armor that is not defined in the entity is seen as foreign to them

--- End quote ---
But that's the thing, it is defined in the entity. Dunno why it's still "foreign". Breastplates are defined just the same and they don't get marked as such.

--- Quote from: Grimlocke on April 24, 2016, 11:53:00 am ---Have you tried setting the 'replace clothing' option in the equipment screen?

--- End quote ---
Yep, then they just walk around in the buff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version