Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Remember that one DF/B12 Discord server? It's still alive.  (Read 1814 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Remember that one DF/B12 Discord server? It's still alive.
« on: April 24, 2016, 03:29:14 pm »

For those who are still unaware, Discord is the new hip communication service, combining the good things about the likes of IRC, Mumble and Skype into one neat and gratis cross-platform (Windows/Linux/OSX/iOS/Android, though the Linux client is still experimental, but it works well enough from my personal day-to-day experience) app for mass voice and text chat. Hell, you don't even need to download anything (or even register, though it's highly recommended that you do) as it works in the browser as well.

Some months ago I posted about making a server for Bay12 but it kinda fell by the wayside and it was never pretty or well-organized.

I don't love to self-promote shamelessly (and I don't know if there's any forum rule against this sort of thing), but it did go through a major overhaul (with channels and mods and light rules and stuff) and should be much more usable now, and new members are always welcome. Just click on the link below to hop in and have a chat with fellow DF players.
(We do however have at least one channel for general off-topic chit-chat so you don't even need to play DF to have fun. I fall into that category if I'm being totally honest.)

Click here to join.
(If you have any questions or feedback regarding the server itself, you can message me on either Discord itself or on here, though I'm more likely to respond faster if you do use Discord.)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 03:32:01 pm by Maks »

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
Re: Remember that one DF/B12 Discord server? It's still alive.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 08:08:10 pm »

For those who are still unaware, Discord is the new hip communication service, combining the good things about the likes of IRC, Mumble and Skype into one neat and gratis cross-platform (Windows/Linux/OSX/iOS/Android, though the Linux client is still experimental, but it works well enough from my personal day-to-day experience) app for mass voice and text chat. Hell, you don't even need to download anything (or even register, though it's highly recommended that you do) as it works in the browser as well.

Some months ago I posted about making a server for Bay12 but it kinda fell by the wayside and it was never pretty or well-organized.

I don't love to self-promote shamelessly (and I don't know if there's any forum rule against this sort of thing), but it did go through a major overhaul (with channels and mods and light rules and stuff) and should be much more usable now, and new members are always welcome. Just click on the link below to hop in and have a chat with fellow DF players.
(We do however have at least one channel for general off-topic chit-chat so you don't even need to play DF to have fun. I fall into that category if I'm being totally honest.)

Click here to join.
(If you have any questions or feedback regarding the server itself, you can message me on either Discord itself or on here, though I'm more likely to respond faster if you do use Discord.)
I did the exact same thing .-.

Meddadog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 03:46:11 pm »

Is this still being used?

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 08:17:16 pm »

last time I logged on, yes
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Meddadog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 06:06:36 pm »

Ill have to drop in when im back from vacation