Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Resistance-The Hornets Nest  (Read 6772 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Resistance is futile-Turn1-1 player needed
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2016, 08:15:32 am »

Hmm well you could try gassing some guards for fun and profit if you want me to I could take my drone and scout the place get a better idea of what we are dealing with.youd have to watch my back though, I can't see anything while I pilot the thing.
"This one could that, yes. Vespene doubts they are doing it any differently than usual, but it doesn't hurt to be sure."

((sorry – didn’t grab any loot as I didn’t want her to start with anything specific, she’s not the type to wander about with guns))

”Perhaps we could make one of the GCSA officers appear to transform into a giant frothing mutant monster? I, erm, might be able to do that? It would be nice not to be caught in that lockdown, though… Perhaps you could also watch over me whilst I rest up to be able to do that...”

"Make them fight each other. Vespene likes this idea!"

Ensure my gas is hallucinogenic.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2016, 08:23:06 am »

Rest until we know where we are going/what we are doing, and then head there, looking as innocent as possible. Make sure I have my ID...

ManMan

• Bay Watcher
  • I will not be very active till this text goes away
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2016, 10:49:14 am »

I'll take the last spot.

Spoiler: Ethan (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 06:33:41 am by ManMan »

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2016, 07:14:08 pm »

ManMan you're in!, The loot section is the equipment available to you for starting equipment. If you want some other hardware you'll have to use some of the groups available cash (Credits) and lemme know what you want to buy, I'll give you a price.

To the group- I see your plan, now I just need to know where each of you will be when the lockdown occurs, for example, inside or outside the lockout zone, in a building near the checkpoint, etc. Then we'll get started.
"She killed grinder. Now she must take his place in The Plague!"

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Resistance- Anarchy at the checkpoint
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2016, 12:33:54 am »

Better be just outside so we can avoid any possible hassle with papers. But I'm watching on asses of our scouts so it's mostly up to them where we will be.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2016, 01:38:26 am »

I propose that we all hole up in a building near the checkpoint, I'll be flying my drone around and doing a bit of scouting, I would suggest that Vlad stand watch for me while I do this since I can't move while flying the thing. Ethan, I would suggest that you try to do a bit of mind reading on any commanders I call out and for our resident witch I suggest that you stand near a window and look innocent while trying to get a line of site for that transform appearance spell.

If people like Praemio's plan have his drone fly/crawl over over to a good vantage point and get a good look at the checkpoint.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2016, 01:52:06 am »

"Okay, that sounds sensible, I guess? But I wouldn't mind either being by the checkpoint so I can start screaming in terror... Although if anything goes wrong and I pass out it could get a bit actually scary..."

ManMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2016, 06:34:14 am »

I gave myself some equipment. When am I going to be introduced?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2016, 06:48:20 am »

"Vespene watches after comrade Praemio."
Old sigs.
Games.

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2016, 06:25:37 pm »

I gave myself some equipment. When am I going to be introduced?
You have 3 choices.
I could retcon the mission to say you were always with the group.
You could be in the crowd at the lockdown, notice the players attempt to subvert the order and try to join in with them.
The secret organisation could tell the group to rescue you because you are one of the members arrested in the lockdown.

It's up to you, whatever suits you best.

ManMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2016, 03:02:04 am »

I'll go with the third one.

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2016, 02:05:33 pm »

I propose that we all hole up in a building near the checkpoint, I'll be flying my drone around and doing a bit of scouting, I would suggest that Vlad stand watch for me while I do this since I can't move while flying the thing. Ethan, I would suggest that you try to do a bit of mind reading on any commanders I call out and for our resident witch I suggest that you stand near a window and look innocent while trying to get a line of site for that transform appearance spell.

If people like Praemio's plan have his drone fly/crawl over over to a good vantage point and get a good look at the checkpoint.
"Okay, that sounds sensible, I guess? But I wouldn't mind either being by the checkpoint so I can start screaming in terror... Although if anything goes wrong and I pass out it could get a bit actually scary..."
"Vespene watches after comrade Praemio."
2 Hours later
Sirens are wailing away. APCs have come roaring into the intersections at top speed then slamming on the brakes offloading their cargo of security personnel and portable barriers. For a minute there is pandemonium in the streets. The citizens that are a able to run indoors flee to safety. Those that are away from their residences are caught out on the streets. Some people are seen making a mad dash for safety. CGSA troops are running around everywhere grabbing people up and shoving them into a line-up that proceeds toward the checkpoint. Some people are already being detained. Everyone knows the drill so they begin to fall in line. In a couple of hours, after some harassment and abuse they'll all be able to return to  block 0.D.43 and resume their activities.

Vespene's cellphone is ringing.

I'll go with the third one.
You are grabbed by one arm and the scruff of your neck from behind while fleeing. A security agent is shouting at you  to stay still as he shoves you to the ground. Since you have no serious weapons on you and your laptop is encrypted you are not to worried. Then again, they may have security photos linking you to past missions, then you're fu... You hit quickdial on your phone.
You get kicked in the back, knocked flat on the ground. You hear the agent yell "I said DON'T MOVE!"

ManMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2016, 02:13:49 pm »

Wait to see what the agent does.

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2016, 02:17:02 pm »

Also, I should mention that the powers for Crikey, Vespene and Ethan  are somewhat short ranged. Crikey, you can expect your spells to reach out to 300'. Vespene and Ethan, you will have to get a little closer to use your powers. Ethan can use his psychic powers out to 50' but Vespene will need to be within 20' to use his gas unless he has a delivery system or favorable winds.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2016, 03:16:12 pm »

((Not being very familiar with imperial distance system I assume that is 20 feets, which google tells me equals around 6 meters. That's understandable range. I also assume Ethan is the one calling me.))

Vespene picks up his phone.

"Oh, Ethan calls." He says before answering. "Greetings, comrade. Where are you?"
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5