Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What is the Airspeed Velocity of a unladen European swallow?

24 miles an hour
- 5 (55.6%)
16 miles an hour
- 1 (11.1%)
32 miles an hour
- 3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: You are a Human RTD! (The twin to you are a monster RTD!) [7/8, Turn 4.5]  (Read 27642 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

Hello, and welcome to You are a Human! (not to be confused with you are a monster, the older twin of this game.)
I am your host, Dustan Hache, and Between me and Nakeen, We are going to try and make things.. Interesting.
Rules and sheets:
Spoiler: Rules : (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Initial Sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ranking up (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rankup Sheet (click to show/hide)

Maps, Players, and Other Information.

Thanks to Nakeen for the basis of it all, with some changes to fit humanity.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 10:51:16 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Human RTD! (The twin to you are a monster RTD!)
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 09:46:48 pm »

Reserving posts, for future info if needed.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 10:09:08 pm »

Oh, interesting ! I don't if I should post a character sheet as a result, wouldn't it seem weird ?

I'm looking forward to it, and I will try to make the overall "lore" of You are a Monster RTD comprehensible for future players not to get confused :)

edit: will do a sheet later then
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 10:42:22 pm by Nakéen »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 10:11:38 pm »

I'd say go for it. you're the original creator, why not play the blatant not-ripoff of your own game?

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 12:56:27 am »

I have some questions, so I'm asking here for visibility.

Should we create a backstory for our characters ?
Is there a limit to initial traits/skills ?
How will our starting area/situation be decided ?

I'm mainly asking this to know if you want me to write a piece of "lore" to help starting the game. Currently in the monster RTD, only the kingdoms of Fordania and Ashafan were mentioned.
Oh, and of course it will help me create my character :)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2016, 01:49:29 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 07:20:56 pm by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2016, 06:59:50 am »

I have some questions, so I'm asking here for visibility.

Should we create a backstory for our characters ?
Is there a limit to initial traits/skills ?
How will our starting area/situation be decided ?

I'm mainly asking this to know if you want me to write a piece of "lore" to help starting the game. Currently in the monster RTD, only the kingdoms of Fordania and Ashafan were mentioned.
Oh, and of course it will help me create my character :)
Backstories are allowed. In fact, I will add it to the template for character creation as a optional item.
Initial traits/skills limit is 3 Maximum for both combined. Starting location/situation will be determined by a 1d6, though backstory can help you with your starting location.

While the sheet is acceptable, some definition of your trait, Brash, And your skill, Pugilism, would be worthwhile (what does it do?). In addition, dodging is not a special action really, so I could interpret that as a trait, and give you a bonus to combat rolls that reduces damage, or you can change it into something else.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 08:00:04 am by Dustan Hache »

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2016, 08:30:37 am »

:v! I might try, it'd be fun if the characters from this RTD were to eventualy somehow have passing interactions with the characters from the other RTD.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 08:52:55 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Human RTD! (The twin to you are a monster RTD!) [1/8]
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2016, 08:36:34 am »

Yeah, I'll edit mah sheet.  And by skill, do you mean like a specific special action?  Like a once per turn sort of power?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 08:38:39 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2016, 08:54:33 am »

Spoiler: BWAVAHAHA! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 09:35:07 am by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2016, 09:18:35 am »

Yeah, I'll edit mah sheet.  And by skill, do you mean like a specific special action?  Like a once per turn sort of power?
You got it, Sir. Skills are once per turn powers, which can be used alongside normal actions such as attacking, dodging, blocking, or running away. They're moves or actions that most people can't do unless they were trained to. Anyone can swing a sword, but not all people can perform a feint with one.

Spoiler: BWAVAHAHA! (click to show/hide)
One,  there are too many traits and skills. Cut it back a bit. Two, Altering your luck with Bipolar luck will cause all 1s and 5s to become 6s and all 6s and 2s to become 1s. This may seriously affect your gameplay, as you will have extremely bad luck 2/3ds of the time.

:v! I might try, it'd be fun if the characters from this RTD were to eventualy somehow have passing interactions with the characters from the other RTD.

This looks great! Accepted, and after I get one more person I will start writing up the first turn.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2016, 09:33:29 am »

Initial traits/skills limit is 3 Maximum for both combined.
Oh, I see. Editing character sheet.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2016, 09:45:13 am »

Initial traits/skills limit is 3 Maximum for both combined.
Oh, I see. Editing character sheet.
Looks good now, I'll add you to the list and start rolling the turn up.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2016, 10:38:08 am »

Turn 1: The beginnings of an adventure
The moon has risen, its light piercing through the shroud of clouds. The stars are barely visible.
It is night time

Spoiler: Jimmy Nix (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarsus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wesley The Alchemist (click to show/hide)

Characters and stats
Spoiler: Jimmy Nix The Wrestler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wesley the Alchemist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 10:49:27 am by Dustan Hache »

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Human RTD! (The twin to you are a monster RTD!) [3/8, Turn 1]
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2016, 10:52:52 am »

Hmmm, this is entirely unescessary. The people of the land have yet to see that the way of the Lord is a strict one. I will pray they see reason and let me continue my work. For now, I must remain in silent contemplation.

Stand trial.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 11:03:37 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16