Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: LCS Compiling Issues  (Read 5679 times)

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
Re: LCS Compiling Issues
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2017, 03:15:19 pm »

Is there ANYWHERE I can get a pre-compiled download of the latest GitHub version?
For Windows?
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8d6cji4r8djrqd3/Liberal+Crime+Squad+4.11.zip
If you just want to play it, this has no gameplay differences from the GitHub version.

There's a bug that causes some values to be changed upon reloading a game.  If you start on nightmare mode, save the game, and reload it, the issues will shift and some supreme court justices will shift alignment.  Gun control shifts one point and become conservative, Civil Rights will shift 3 and become liberal, election reform will shift 2 and become moderate, Human rights will shift one point and become conservative, Tax structure becomes moderate, Drug laws are conservative, and Military Spending becomes conservative, Flag Burning and Women's Right's become Liberal, Immigration and Prison regulation become moderate.  2 Conservative Justices and one moderate justice will become liberal.

The values are over-written every time you reload the game it seems, at least the political issues affected are.  You can advance a month and let the issues change, to the point where they glitch out, because they moved off the chart, and upon reloading, the issues will be reset.

Huh.  I'm going to have to look into that.

Yeah same thing here. Also isn't that 4.10? Didn't know there was a 4.11 release.
The last official release is 4.07, but Fox hasn't been seen in forever, so KamelSadek worked to update it by adding Liberal Augmentation.  I don't know precisely how much is his work, but he included updates to allow mucalitiple saves and several quality of life changes.  KamelSadek calls his version 4.10.  I used this version as a starting point for improved procedural string support, moving most of the in game text to external files, specifically pickup lines and battle text.  I spoke with KamelSadek, and since we don't really know one another, and since neither of us is sure I didn't introduce a bunch of new bugs he has decided not to merge my changes into version 4.10.  Eventually I made enough changes that I felt the need to differentiate my release from 4.10 so I renamed my version 4.11, and later renamed it 4.12.

tldr;
Fox released 4.07.  Hasn't been updated since before KamelSadek worked on it.
KamelSadek fixed up 4.07 and released 4.10.  Hasn't been updated since before IsaacG worked on it.
IsaacG fixed up 4.10 and released 4.12.
Koorba, Taberone, and randseed worked at translating 4.12 into Russian.
Schmel924 did work on 4.10, starting a fork of their own.
These people aren't really working together, but the higher numbers mostly mean advancement.
Also, http://www.mediafire.com/file/hw6gkrbmktvof53/LCS+v4.12+STABLE.zip
4.11 was buggy as hell, so I removed all my experimental changes and released 4.12
I haven't changed it much in the last six months, so this release is still current.
Procedural String Support (Custom NewGame and Custom Pickup Lines!)

Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.

Akumetsu: it's pretty much Liberal Crime Squad in comic book form.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]