Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: LCS Compiling Issues  (Read 27104 times)

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
LCS Compiling Issues
« on: April 26, 2016, 10:32:05 pm »

For some reason, when downloading LCS from Github and using the "Easy mode Compile"(AKA Click on game.cpp from the workspaces folder and hit "Run", since hitting "Build" or "Build and run" doesn't work gives an error about mtune or something), there are no Augmentations(Tried to get my Founder with a Science skill of 2 to augment, but I couldn't even find it under "Recruitment and Acquisition"), Multiple Save Files(Only lets me do my one and only save file), or nerfs to the "Liberal Terrorism," strategy(Constantly shooting up the Police Station to shut it down, causing your safehouses to stop gaining Heat. Makes the rest of the game a cakewalk! The nerfing was supposed to have you keep gaining Heat even AFTER the Police Station gets shut down, allowing everyone you've pissed off to actually raid you).

Is the workspaces folder supposed to be behind, version-wise? Or is that because I didn't use the "Build" option?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 09:46:09 pm by Taberone »

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Code::Blocks "Easy Mode" compile doesn't give the latest LCS Version?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 03:19:25 am »

If I recall correctly (I last touched LCS source April 2015), you should need to set non-default constants to enable those features.  I'm not familiar with Code::Blocks.

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If I recall correctly (I last touched LCS source April 2015), you should need to set non-default constants to enable those features.  I'm not familiar with Code::Blocks.

Where do I do that?

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Assuming includes.h still exists, they are documented there.  You either use Code::Blocks' UI to pre-define them on the compiler command line, or directly edit includes.h to define the ones you want.

Kamal-Sadek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry, that's my bad! Since you're not building the project, it's probably defaulting you to the last built executable, which is probably before any of the newest commits. Since I'm used to just plain vim / gcc, I'm haven't really attempted to build it through any other means. I'll take a look at this and see if there's anything I can do!

Kamal-Sadek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've pushed the latest commit, which works on my Linux machine, but let me know if it gives you any problems.

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've pushed the latest commit, which works on my Linux machine, but let me know if it gives you any problems.

||=== Build: Debug in Liberal Crime Squad (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler) ===|
..\..\..\..\home\brian\Desktop\Stuff\Games\Liberal-Crime-Squad\ Makefile||No such file or directory|
||=== Build failed: 1 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 0 second(s)) ===|

Got this message for some reason. I also use Windows 7, if that helps. It's also worth noting that I do not have any folders with that directory at all.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 03:49:55 pm by Taberone »

Kamal-Sadek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I should've seen that coming! I finally managed to get it working after a couple of hours in a Windows VM, after starting a new make configuration for CodeBlocks and messing around with it. I'll push the latest commit, but I still need to update the COMPILE_README.txt, because depending on the platform you'll need to change a few settings (linking options, etc.) to get it to compile. In the meantime, here's the latest builds for both Linux and Windows (remember to change the terminal size!). Hopefully you don't have too high expectations going into it! Let me know if it works.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 11:28:08 pm by Kamal-Sadek »

cprng

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Thanks Kamal, but why is the release tagged 4.1.0 if it comes after 4.07.0? Did you mean 4.10.0?

Kamal-Sadek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks Kamal, but why is the release tagged 4.1.0 if it comes after 4.07.0? Did you mean 4.10.0?
Yeah, that would make a bit more sense, wouldn't it? Thanks for the catch, updated it.

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I should've seen that coming! I finally managed to get it working after a couple of hours in a Windows VM, after starting a new make configuration for CodeBlocks and messing around with it. I'll push the latest commit, but I still need to update the COMPILE_README.txt, because depending on the platform you'll need to change a few settings (linking options, etc.) to get it to compile. In the meantime, here's the latest builds for both Linux and Windows (remember to change the terminal size!). Hopefully you don't have too high expectations going into it! Let me know if it works.

It works and it's really nice. Noticed a few improvements over regular LCS right away. Got chased by Deathsquad Officers in police cars and when my Liberals tried to shoot them, the DS Officers actually DODGED with their car! Combat messages are "Liberal shoots Deathsquad Officer! He hits the torso 3 times..." instead of "Liberal hits the torso 3 times...", and of course, augmentations and multiple save files. The odd thing about the multiple save files though is that the game no longer seems to autosave after each day, and my save file is still intact even after a Total Party Kill.

Also, is there any hope for LCS having improved XML support? IsaacG tried doing that once on here, but he seems to have been kidnapped by Conservatives disappeared like almost everyone else on the Curses board. Potentially being able to modify more elements of the game without having to compile sounds nice.

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The lack of readable XML support slowed down my internal fork changes, but ultimately what triggered my dropping out was comparing what I wanted to do against what the game naturally was.  My fork idea was lousy, but it took considerable work (both playing and coding) to determine this.

I don't see improving XML support without making the C implementation for it easily proofread.

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are corpses of those killed in a car crash supposed to teleport to my safehouse, and is it a new feature for the Police to raid me even after the Police Station is shut down?

Kamal-Sadek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are corpses of those killed in a car crash supposed to teleport to my safehouse, and is it a new feature for the Police to raid me even after the Police Station is shut down?

Once a Liberal, always a Liberal, even in death! I'll take a look at the aforementioned things, like the XML. It doesn't seem like it would be too hard, but just very tedious, since the game saves a LOT of info, and you have to manually type out the format for every single piece of info.

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Code::Blocks "Easy Mode" compile doesn't give the latest LCS Version?
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2016, 02:17:11 pm »

Is the "Cross Compiling Fixed" Pre-Release going to be updated to the latest version? Also, tried to compile LCS again in code blocks and it still gives this

||=== Build: Debug in Liberal Crime Squad (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler) ===|
||error: invalid option argument `-Og'|
||unrecognized command line option "-std=c++11"|
||unrecognized command line option "-std=c++11"|
||=== Build failed: 3 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 0 second(s)) ===|
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5