Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 135

Author Topic: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 18.5: Bounces  (Read 173920 times)

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 0: The Nothing before [18/30] [talk-only]
« Reply #420 on: April 30, 2016, 09:38:21 am »

Angel Proposal
There is two types of Angels. Heralds and Standard Angels. The base cost of 10 Standard Angels is 1E+Calculations. The base cost of 1 Herald is 1E+Calculations. The Herald is a standard angel with increased attributes and unique skills as well as a more fleshed out personality. Standard Angels are created with specific purposes such as: Spread my faith, or Protect the Dreaming, Teach Mettalurgy etc.. While a Herald takes this standard role as important too, he also has a submission within the framework of the purpose he was created in.

"I think we also need rules about creature creations."
OPPOSE

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 30, 2016, 09:43:04 am »

[Axt, God of Enchanted Weapons]

Angel Proposal: Oppose
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 30, 2016, 09:44:30 am »

Angel Proposal
There is two types of Angels. Heralds and Standard Angels. The base cost of 10 Standard Angels is 1E+Calculations. The base cost of 1 Herald is 1E+Calculations. The Herald is a standard angel with increased attributes and unique skills as well as a more fleshed out personality. Standard Angels are created with specific purposes such as: Spread my faith, or Protect the Dreaming, Teach Mettalurgy etc.. While a Herald takes this standard role as important too, he also has a submission within the framework of the purpose he was created in.

>Oppose.  Unclear and probably redundant.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 30, 2016, 09:46:58 am »

"Shall we begin the world? Or do you want to wait for an other eternity!"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 30, 2016, 10:31:55 am »

Angel Proposal

Oppose Heavily. Not everything is a Creation after all.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 30, 2016, 10:37:33 am »

Angel Proposal

Saukko

Oppose
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 30, 2016, 10:46:01 am »

Ahem.
... 1.1 is wrong.  That should read HALF an Essence, not FIVE Essence.

IB 1.1 has a support from me.

Axe 2 has an oppose from me.

CNCL.000.036 has a support from me under the same conditions as CNCL.000.036.01

((All right, hold on, I need to do this on a computer.))

((Half an essence isn't a thing.))

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 30, 2016, 10:48:01 am »

((Says who?  Isn't it a 50% chance of an Essence?))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 30, 2016, 10:50:12 am »

we need to get costs of creations
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 30, 2016, 10:58:03 am »

((Says who?  Isn't it a 50% chance of an Essence?))

((Well yeah, but it isn't lik3 it will bring everyone to 19.5E)).
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 30, 2016, 11:23:19 am »

"What is an acceptable cost for creating 1000 worshipping humans?"
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 30, 2016, 11:27:03 am »

"I have a suggestion on creations."
Axe Smith 1: For creating a special someone, 1E is base cost. They have a will of their own, and any beneficial perk multiplies the cost by 1.25, and any negative perk multiplies the cost by 0.75.
Axe Smith 2: Insignificant perks have no cost multiplier, things that either have next to no effect, or have both a benefit and disadvantage that is near equal, are insignificant perks.
Axe Smith 3: Group perks, several perks (advantageous and insignificant) that add up for an advantage will multiply the cost by 1.5, things like winged flight, which includes wings and the perks to allow you to fly with them (otherwise you can only glide with them).
"It is far from done, I would not approve of it now."
Axe Smith 1, 2, 3: Neutral
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 30, 2016, 11:47:52 am »

Likely to pass
CNCL000.010: Worlds will never be controlled, there will always be something unexpected, be it monster, savior, underground world, etc.
   +4 from Axt, Ascald, Flue, Zurion
   -2 from Isgon, The Everymind

Axe 2: Worlds will never be controlled, there will always be something unexpected, be it monster, savior, underground world, etc.
   +10 from Axt, Ascald, Atian, Urthon, Saukko, Flue, Zurion, Kyuu, The Everymind, Xenia Satis
   -1 from Isgon

((These are identical :o))

1.2.Pb: The maximum number of planets will be limited to some function of the number of existing gods.
   +4 from Ascald, Flue, Zurion, The Everymind
   -1 from Isgon

Saukko

Oppose

"Perhaps you should all change your votes on these proposals, lest we have more planets than we really need at the start, some of which are paid for and some which are not."

CNCL000.036.1: A system of two planets and a sun will be created at a cost of 4E to all. The first planet will be somewhat larger than Earth-sized but similar overall, and the second will be a supergas giant with an indeterminate, but finite number of moons. These moons can be shaped and defined by a significant usage of Essence (20E, unless someone proposes a different cost.) The first planet will have basic biospheres created at no additional cost. This planet may be connected to the moons by portals, created either by divine action or by mortals possessing magical power.
   +8 from Ascald, Isgon, Atian, Munroe, Xenia Satis, Isgon, The Everymind (with discounted editing), Kyuu
   -1 from Saukko

Support

IB 0.01: Make everything fire.
   +3 from Meow, Munroe, Kyuu, ?
   -1 from The Everymind

Oppose

1.2.3a: Creating 1000 Sapient Creatures costs 4 Essence and traits are added on by multiplying the base cost
   +3 from Isgon, Ascald, Charon
   -2 from Saukko, The Everymind

"I shall support this instead."

Axe 1: No worlds shall ever be of exact size.
   +5? from Axt, Ascald, Flue, Zurion, The Everymind?
   -5 from Atian, Urthon, Saukko, Isgon, Kyuu

Oppose

2a: Worship is based on planet population. Worship is calculated as so: P * 0.001 * F (GM note: Actual effect is 1E/1000 regardless of planetary population because the planet populations cancel out)
   +2 from Isgon, Flue
   -1 from Charon

...1: Following your sphere you gain essence, so for instance a Mountain god that builds mountains and mountain wildlife can get some essence before he is worshipped.
   +3? from Zurion, Charon, The Everymind?
   -4 from Flue, Isgon, Munroe, Saukko
   ...1.1: In the form of a 5E flat rebate on sphere activities.
   +1 from The Everymind

GID.01: At no cost to any deity, the following forms: A large supergas giant, large enough to sustain minor internal fusion, producing a significant quantity of light in the form of a spoopy ethereal blue glow. Orbiting the Supergas giant will be a series of planet sized moons. 23 specifically. Their details remain vague and resolve into reality upon being defined by a deity. All moons are linked by a series of portals. 24 portals on each moon. 23 for the other moons and 1 for the upper atmosphere of the Supergas Giant they orbit. One of these moons is of Ice. One is of Fire. One is of Water. One is Barren. One is a Desert. One is a Jungle.
   +2 from Meow, The Everymind
   -3 from Axt, Zurion, Charon

CNCL000.035: Create a simple earth world to get our universe started
   +2 from Isgon, Saukko

1.2.Pst: One earth like planet will be created. It will orbit a sun sized sun. It will cost everyone 2E
   +2 from Isgon, Saukko

CNCL000.042.1: The first Sun and the first Planet created will cost 0E so we can get the world started! And the first Planet will be earthlike but as large as Mars.
   +1 from The Everymind

CNCL000.043: Ban on combat for the first three ticks, in addition to a three tick grace period for any new gods.
   +3 from The Everymind, Isgon, Vir
   -3 from Atian, Munroe, Kyuu

"I will oppose all these things."

Axe Smith 1: For creating a special someone, 1E is base cost. They have a will of their own, and any beneficial perk multiplies the cost by 1.25, and any negative perk multiplies the cost by 0.75.
Axe Smith 2: Insignificant perks have no cost multiplier, things that either have next to no effect, or have both a benefit and disadvantage that is near equal, are insignificant perks.
Axe Smith 3: Group perks, several perks (advantageous and insignificant) that add up for an advantage will multiply the cost by 1.5, things like winged flight, which includes wings and the perks to allow you to fly with them (otherwise you can only glide with them).

Oppose

"Far too easy to abuse, and does not take into account different intensities of traits or disadvantages."

((hopefully that's easy to follow, KJP))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 30, 2016, 11:49:51 am »

"I have a suggestion on creations."
"It is far from done, I would not approve of it now."
Axe Smith 1, 2, 3: Neutral

Oppose

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #434 on: April 30, 2016, 01:16:39 pm »

Proposalog (<~12 hours remain)

Note: Do report errors in vote counting (and formatting, if it makes the post even less readable than normal)!

Likely to fail
Axe 3: Mead is best drink
   +1 from Axt
   -2 from Kyuu, The Everymind

...: Sapiant mortals may be created but they do not automatically follow that god. Only through missionary effort a god can feed essence.
   +2 from Zurion, Flue
   -5 from Isgon, Munroe, Saukko, Charon, The Everymind

Axe Git 1: GID.02, but with cost for those who contribute.
   +1 from Axt
   -2 from Charon, The Everymind

CNCL000.029: Create a system with five planets, whose properties are undetermined until a deity chooses to undergo the full creation process with one, save for the fourth and fifth planets. The fourth and fifth are large gas giants with an indeterminate number of rocky moons, large enough to sustain minor internal fusion and give off some light. These moons may be linked with portals given a civilization reasonably skilled with magic, and portals will be easy to create. The total number of inhabited moons and planets may not exceed (number of deities/2 + 8 ). This initial creation is free but defining planets/moons is not.
   +1 from Ascald
   -4 from Axt, Munroe, Charon, The Everymind

1.2.Pbf: A flat, earth like world will be created. The world will float on the back of a chocolate lab wearing a jetpack. The world will be 350 x 350 miles. (~3e11km2)
   +2 from Isgon
   -5 from Ascald, Kyuu, Atian, Saukko, Charon

NW (N.2.9?): We will all cooperate to create a Mars sized planet with mountains to the east, plains to the west, deserts to the north and a large forest to the south, all of it will be on 1 continent! We can name the planet and continent later. Also everything else on the planet will be covered in Water.
   +1 from Atian
   -3 from Charon, The Everymind, Saukko

CNCL000.037: A deity may create one population unit of a sentient race with three minor advantageous traits or the equivalent at no cost once, and only once.
   +1 from Ascald
   -2 from Isgon, Saukko

CNCL000.040: The initial creation of the world system costs nothing.
   +1 from The Everymind
   -2 from Saukko, Munroe

CNCL000.042: The first Sun and the first Planet created will cost 0E so we can get the world started! And the first Planet will be earthlike but as large as Mars and have 1 Large mass of land surrounded by Oceans. So every gods creations cans interact between each other!
   +1 from Atian
   -2 from The Everymind, Saukko

GID.01: At no cost to any deity, the following forms: A large supergas giant, large enough to sustain minor internal fusion, producing a significant quantity of light in the form of a spoopy ethereal blue glow. Orbiting the Supergas giant will be a series of planet sized moons. 23 specifically. Their details remain vague and resolve into reality upon being defined by a deity. All moons are linked by a series of portals. 24 portals on each moon. 23 for the other moons and 1 for the upper atmosphere of the Supergas Giant they orbit. One of these moons is of Ice. One is of Fire. One is of Water. One is Barren. One is a Desert. One is a Jungle.
   +2 from Meow, The Everymind
   -4 from Axt, Zurion, Charon, Saukko

0 from Axt
   -2 from Saukko, Isgon

0 from Axt
   -2 from Saukko, Isgon

0 from Axt
   -2 from Saukko, Isgon

Likely to pass
0a: All proposals pertaining to rules start with the number 1
   +10 from Isgon, Axt, Vir, Atian, Saukko, Ascald, Flue, Charon, Kyuu, The Everymind
   -1 from Munroe

0b: All proposals pertaining to creation have the second number 2
   +8 from Isgon, Vir, Atian, Ascald, Flue, Charon, Kyuu, The Everymind
   -3 from Axt, Saukko, Munroe

0c: All proposals pertaining to planet creation have third number P
   +9 from Isgon, Vir, Atian, Ascald, Flue, Zurion, Charon, Kyuu, The Everymind
   -2 from Axt, Saukko

1.2b: Creations can have traits.
   +7? from Isgon, Ascald, Munroe?, Flue, Charon, Kyuu, The Everymind
   -1 from Saukko

1.2.Pa: Add these traits to planets
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
   +7 from Isgon, Ascald, Munroe, Flue, Zurion, Kyuu, The Everymind
   -1 from Saukko

1.2.Pb: The maximum number of planets will be limited to some function of the number of existing gods.
   +4 from Ascald, Flue, Zurion, The Everymind
   -2 from Isgon, Saukko

1.2.3b: Creating Non Sapient non powerful Animals or plants costs 0E
   +5 from Isgon, Saukko, Flue, Charon, The Everymind
   -1 from Ascald
   1.2.3b.1?: 1E per two animals, considering it to be general categories like "bear" rather than  "Polar bear" and "Grizzly bear" being two different animals.
      +1 from Ascald

Axe 2: Worlds will never be controlled, there will always be something unexpected, be it monster, savior, underground world, etc.
   +10 from Axt, Ascald, Atian, Urthon, Saukko, Flue, Zurion, Kyuu, The Everymind, Xenia Satis

Axe 5: Propose an orb of fire to provide sunlight to the earth it's over.
   +3 from Axt, Saukko, The Everymind
   -1 from Charon

GID:02 At no cost to any deity, create the following: Create a boring earth-like planet. Create Manus, the Burning Light, and Len, the Soothing Sight. Both are spirits that follow each other in orbit around the planet, providing light and a night/day cycle. Len's light is much dimmer than Manus. During eclipses, Manus and Len mate, producing stars as children. These stars give off so little light that they are only visible at night.
   +7 from Charon, Isgon, Ascald, Zurion, The Everymind, Xenia Satis, Axt
   -1 from Saukko

Clean.4: All proposals with four more neys the ayes will be trashed
   +5 from Meow, Kyuu, The Everymind, Xenia Satis, Saukko

CNCL000.036: A system of two planets and a sun will be created at no cost to anyone. The first planet will be somewhat larger than Earth-sized but similar overall, and the second will be a supergas giant with an indeterminate, but finite number of moons. These moons can be shaped and defined by a significant usage of Essence (20E, unless someone proposes a different cost.) The first planet will have basic biospheres created at no cost to anyone as well. This planet may be connected to the moons by portals, created either by divine action or by mortals possessing magical power.
   +4? from Ascald, Isgon, Atian, The Everymind? (with discounted editing)
   -2 from Saukko, Axt

CNCL000.036.1: A system of two planets and a sun will be created at a cost of 4E to all. The first planet will be somewhat larger than Earth-sized but similar overall, and the second will be a supergas giant with an indeterminate, but finite number of moons. These moons can be shaped and defined by a significant usage of Essence (20E, unless someone proposes a different cost.) The first planet will have basic biospheres created at no additional cost. This planet may be connected to the moons by portals, created either by divine action or by mortals possessing magical power.
   +10? from Ascald, Isgon, Atian, Munroe, Xenia Satis, Isgon, The Everymind? (with discounted editing), Kyuu, Zurion, Saukko
   -2 from Saukko, Axt

IB 0.01: Make everything fire.
   +4 from Meow, Munroe, Kyuu, The Everymind
   -2 from Axt, Saukko

1.2.3a: Creating 1000 Sapient Creatures costs 4 Essence and traits are added on by multiplying the base cost
   +4 from Isgon, Ascald, Charon, Saukko
   -1 from The Everymind

Other
0a.1?: Propose that somebody make some more proposal numbering rules.
   +1 from The Everymind

1.2.P: Planets cost a base cost of 20
   +7 from Isgon, Saukko. Ascald, Flue, Zurion, Charon, Kyuu
   -5 from Axt, Vir, Atian, Munroe, The Everymind

1.2a: Gods working together get their creation cost multiplied by a set amount based on how many gods are working together
   +5 from Isgon, Ascald, Charon, Kyuu, The Everymind
   -6 from Axt, Vir, Atian, Saukko, Munroe, Flue

CNCL000.008: Planet's can be modified immediatly for 1 essence after they are made as long as everyone agrees on this modification and it is done in the same tick or the direct next tick.
   +4 from Vir, Flue, Zurion, Charon
   -4 from Ascald, Munroe, Isgon, The Everymind

CNCL000.009: No worlds shall ever be of exact size, and may even be several times larger or smaller than expected.
   +3 from Axt, Flue, Zurion
   -4 from Ascald, Isgon, Charon, The Everymind

C5: The creation of a creature will cost 5 essence and any traits added to the creature costs 1-2 essence each depending on the traits!
   +3 from Atian, Vir, Xenia Satis
   -4 from Saukko, Flue, Charon, The Everymind

C5.1: The base cost of 5,000 traitless creatures cost 5E, and traits multiply the price.
   +1 from The Everymind

Axe 1: No worlds shall ever be of exact size.
   +5? from Axt, Ascald, Flue, Zurion, The Everymind?
   -5 from Atian, Urthon, Saukko, Isgon, Kyuu

2a: Worship is based on planet population. Worship is calculated as so: P * 0.001 * F (GM note: Actual effect is 1E/1000 regardless of planetary population because the planet populations cancel out)
   +2 from Isgon, Flue
   -2 from Charon, Saukko

CNCL000.018: Tea party:every two ticks gods will convene for a small brunch consisting of the finest delicacys and drinks our world's have to offer and share information and advice this meeting will restore 5 essence.
   +2 from Vir, Xenia Satis
   -3 from Saukko, Ascald, Charon

CNCL000.019: Every two ticks, Gods will convene with 1000 of their chosen people in a feast where each must bring the finest delicacies they can find. At the end of the feast, there will be a sweepstake game where each god must contribute at least 1 Essence to the pot, with more essence increasing their chance of winning, and the winner will take all the essences.
   +2 from Flue, Vir
   -3 from Saukko, Munroe, Charon

CNCL000.020: We may have tea time whenever we damn well please, just for enjoyment and no other reasons
   +1 from Kyuu

...1: Following your sphere you gain essence, so for instance a Mountain god that builds mountains and mountain wildlife can get some essence before he is worshipped.
   +3? from Zurion, Charon, The Everymind?
   -4 from Flue, Isgon, Munroe, Saukko

...1.1: In the form of a 0.5E flat rebate on sphere activities.
      +1 from The Everymind
      -1 from Saukko

Axe 4: Propose a realm of fire and a realm of ice, between these is the material plane, where earth will form from the mixture of fire and ice.
   +2 from Axt, Saukko
   -3 from Charon, Kyuu, The Everymind

CNCL000.032 (Axe 6?) (Midgard?): Midgard: Propose a world from which all other realms will be connected, be it directly, or with one who is, even if it's a near infinite amount of worlds between it and Middle Earth.
   +3 from Axt, Atian, Xenia Satis
   -3 from Charon, The Everymind, Saukko

Clean: All proposals with two more neys the ayes will be trashed
   +2 from Isgon, Charon
   -2 from Meow, Saukko

CNCL000.035: Create a simple earth world to get our universe started
   +1 from Isgon
   -1 from Saukko

1.2.Pst: One earth like planet will be created. It will orbit a sun sized sun. It will cost everyone 2E
   +1 from Isgon
   -1 from Saukko

1.2cc: Creating 200 trait less, worshipping creatures costs 1E
   +1 from Isgon
   -1 from Saukko

CNCL000.041: It costs twice as much to outright destroy anything created in the initial creation of the world system than it would to create that item, save by a vote of a 3/5ths majority of gods present that Tick.  Abstaining is treated as 'no'.  Present is defined as 'has spoken during the Tick'.
   +1 from The Everymind
   -1 from Saukko

CNCL000.042.1: The first Sun and the first Planet created will cost 0E so we can get the world started! And the first Planet will be earthlike but as large as Mars.
   +1 from The Everymind
   -1 from Saukko

CNCL000.043: Ban on combat for the first three ticks, in addition to a three tick grace period for any new gods.
   +3 from The Everymind, Isgon, Vir
   -4 from Atian, Munroe, Kyuu, Saukko

CNCL000.044: Discard all redundant planet creation proposals, specifically:
    as they are either outvoted or are variations of the current most popular idea.
   +3 from Ascald, Munroe, Saukko

Angel Proposal: There is two types of Angels. Heralds and Standard Angels. The base cost of 10 Standard Angels is 1E+Calculations. The base cost of 1 Herald is 1E+Calculations. The Herald is a standard angel with increased attributes and unique skills as well as a more fleshed out personality. Standard Angels are created with specific purposes such as: Spread my faith, or Protect the Dreaming, Teach Mettalurgy etc.. While a Herald takes this standard role as important too, he also has a submission within the framework of the purpose he was created in.
   +3 from Zurion, Charon, Isgon
   -5 from Atian, Axt, The Everymind, Meow, Saukko

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 135