Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 135

Author Topic: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 18.5: Bounces  (Read 175322 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 7: And on the Seventh Day [22/30]
« Reply #1230 on: May 09, 2016, 12:23:34 am »

"Murn03...h4s...finally...determin3d....h1s...m4gic....system....."

Magic System Proposal:

Rather than using Ley Lines, this system of magic is powered by a series of naturally occurring ores. These ores must be mined and refined to be used. It is simple to change it from solid to liquid or gas, increasing the forms it can be used. Often, it will be made into weapons, armor, jewelry, or other easily used equipment. As magic from this system is used, the Ores lose power, becoming depleted depending on what kind of ore was used and how well it was refined. Often, the magic in a small piece of ore can be released in a single spell, such as making an arrowhead of the ore for a single powerful attack. The ore naturally glows in all forms in a color depending on its type, slowly loosing its glow as its magic is depleted. The ore can naturally be refined into other metals, generally increasing its physical properties to the other metal while giving it the color, glow, and abilities of the ore. Long-term spells can be placed on a piece of ore and they will continue until actively stopped or depleted, for example an ore powered streetlight can have a light spell placed on it in the evening and will stay lit all night, until someone cancels the spell in the morning.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: May 09, 2016, 12:33:16 am »

"Murn03...h4s...finally...determin3d....h1s...m4gic....system....."

Magic System Proposal:

Rather than using Ley Lines, this system of magic is powered by a series of naturally occurring ores. These ores must be mined and refined to be used. It is simple to change it from solid to liquid or gas, increasing the forms it can be used. Often, it will be made into weapons, armor, jewelry, or other easily used equipment. As magic from this system is used, the Ores lose power, becoming depleted depending on what kind of ore was used and how well it was refined. Often, the magic in a small piece of ore can be released in a single spell, such as making an arrowhead of the ore for a single powerful attack. The ore naturally glows in all forms in a color depending on its type, slowly loosing its glow as its magic is depleted. The ore can naturally be refined into other metals, generally increasing its physical properties to the other metal while giving it the color, glow, and abilities of the ore. Long-term spells can be placed on a piece of ore and they will continue until actively stopped or depleted, for example an ore powered streetlight can have a light spell placed on it in the evening and will stay lit all night, until someone cancels the spell in the morning.

Saukko

Oppose
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: May 09, 2016, 01:58:15 am »

"Munr03...is...ann0y3d...at...th3s3....p0intl3ss...3xper3m3nts.....h3....w1ll...3xpl0d3....th3m....
1f...th3y...c0ntinu3...p30pl3....aren't...t0ys...."

"The experiments are not pointless. They help me understand the nature of souls. I am the goddess of Souls and it is necessary that I understand the nature of souls. Do you have advice on how else I can understand the nature of souls?"
"Live the live of a thousand mortals...."

[Sollia, the Sundancer | Goddess of Fire and Passion]

"My, you lot are rather...boring, aren't you? At least Munroe has the right idea about how to have a good time. Speaking of, kick ass, Jhaniz dearest. And some of you don't seem to understand the purpose of traits, either..."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"I am somewhat disappointed we didn't get that collaboration discount system passed; it would make alliances much more interesting, after all. In the meantime, why don't we have a bit of fun? Do I help the Keardai, Draki, or occupy myself elsewhere?"
"You are welcome to aid the Turtleonies and Turtinis on Gnu."
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 02:01:35 am by Detoxicated »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: May 09, 2016, 02:23:48 am »

"R34d....a...b00k.......w3...ar3...n0t...th3...f1rst...bubbl3...t0...3xist...
th3...3ss3nc3...yu0...sp3nt...w4s...3n0ugh...f0r...an...3ntir3...
gr34t...library...."

"Which book should I read? Is there an existing great library? Please tell me more of how I can gain this information. I will certainly be able to cease my experiments if I could gain this information through alternate means."
((Seriously, what are you talking about right now? Did someone make a Great Library in this game? Can I make one myself? How much will it cost? Is KJP ok with a Great Library existing?))

"I now find myself agreeing with the God of Explosions, stop these savage experiments before I am forced to stop them."
"Of the latest experiments I am conducting, only one can reasonably be described as savage. I will lower the precision of the experiment to reduce its arguable savagery."
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 04:39:06 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: May 09, 2016, 04:34:42 am »

[Axt, God of Enchanted Weapons]

Spoiler: Shroud of Storms (click to show/hide)
Axt leaves the gas giant. Then flies towards the terrestrial planet. He grabs one of Malakath's creations, one of the souls. Then he teleports into orbit.
"One's experiments are fruitless, I loathe to see all of one's creations be destroyed for fruitless experiments."
Axt creates a mundane sword, then puts the soul into it. The soul will remain in the sword until it's shattered, it will only be able to perceive the surroundings and speak.
"One will watch and learn, so one can teach one's wielder with one's learned knowledge."
Axt looks around, at the other races, before teleporting the sword away.

"I will watch one's descent to inevitable destruction, not because I like it, but because I would have to continue blinding myself otherwise."

"Now, as one seems to create magic, I will create mine."
Propose Weapon Enchanting
Spoiler: Weapon Enchanting (click to show/hide)
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: May 09, 2016, 04:45:27 am »

"One's experiments are fruitless, I loathe to see all of one's creations be destroyed for fruitless experiments."
"The experiments are not fruitless. I have learned from them."

Axt leaves the gas giant. Then flies towards the terrestrial planet. He grabs one of Malakath's creations, one of the souls. Then he teleports into orbit.
Axt creates a mundane sword, then puts the soul into it. The soul will remain in the sword until it's shattered, it will only be able to perceive the surroundings and speak.
"One will watch and learn, so one can teach one's wielder with one's learned knowledge."
Axt looks around, at the other races, before teleporting the sword away.
After the experiment is complete (assuming it's a soul currently being used in one), I will make the soul amenable to these actions so that it does not suffer.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 04:52:19 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: May 09, 2016, 05:01:30 am »

I SLEEP AND AWAKEN TO A SYMPHONY OF SOULS.

UNDAUNTED IN WORDS, THE PRESS HOLDS ON.

TUSK AND CHAOS RIP AND TEAR.

AND TITANS MARCH FOR COMBAT UNIMPAIRED.

[Instrumental]

I SEE A WORLD WITH EMPTY SKY

AND A WORLD WITH ONE FULL

AND SO I CRASH ITS MORTAL AND VIEW

AND GIVE THE MORTALS THEIR TIDE.

1E: Take a moon from  Batshortsech and put it into orbit around Zoigat.
3E: Create the Immortality node of Resplendence in Axtfell (the point where Axt struck the earth).
Play a heavy metal ballad to the sun.
Charon sets up his personal palace in the core of Axtfell, creating a grand music academy around it. He tells all his titans to send their best musicians his way, to learn under him.
Propose: Divamancy: The manipulation of emotion and souls via music, all divamancers must use runemagic-infused instruments to perform their spells. Different rhythms and beats result in different effects.
Propose: Pyromancy: the manipulation of fire (the chemical process) and fire (the energy that keeps life running). Prolonged use of pyromancy has a tendency to burn out the user.

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: May 09, 2016, 05:08:33 am »

After the experiment is complete (assuming it's a soul currently being used in one), I will make the soul amenable to these actions so that it does not suffer.
Oppose
"One has no faith in the will of one's creations. I am not surprised one thinks so lowly of them."
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: May 09, 2016, 05:16:46 am »

Oppose
"One has no faith in the will of one's creations. I am not surprised one thinks so lowly of them."
Oppose
((Is it a rule to colour it in red or is that just the culture of this game?))

"Will as you speak of it is irrelevant in this situation. The soul will unnecessarily suffer against its will and that must be prevented."
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 05:20:58 am by Andres »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • ĩ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 8: Spare One Milliner EM [22/30]
« Reply #1239 on: May 09, 2016, 05:19:59 am »

Tick 8: Spare One Milliner EM

Jhaniz: (Sollia: -9E)

Christine investigates the Gnu printing house fire and finds that it was most definitely an accident and not a deliberate attempt at removing unfavorable references to godly actions.

Absent any challenge, Ascald has created the Eternal Champion. (Keardai + Innate Magic+3 + Ancestral Memory+3) (Ascald: -0E)

Neumann managed to start non-lethal brawls with Higante, Voldrom, Golem, Jhaniz, the Eternal Champion, and Saukko's gift rain cloud. Neumann was soundly defeated by Higante and Golem, won against Voldrom, the Eternal Champion, solidly drew against the raincloud, and ended up on a drunken tavern adventure (with numerous explosions and fires) with Jhaniz. The remainder of the titans were apparently too busy or too mobile (or both) for Neumann.

Kyuu has mostly restored the ecosystems removed by Sliva. Sliva broadcasts flashy lessons on predators. (Sliva: -3E)

Axt throws a knife at Malakath, who catches it with her heart, checks it for traps, and stows it away. It does not appear to be trapped and is surely and definitely normal in every possible way, yup yup.

The Everymind investigates the mask fad:
   Masked milliner millionaire: "Only an explosion of fashion and civilization! You're a bit behind the times, not wearing a mask like that."
   Masked wrestler: "Because I like my mask."

Zurion has created another 1000 Turtinis. (Zurion: -3E)

Atian rests inside a large volcano, continuing the theme. Zurion does likewise under an oak tree, furiously dreaming of colorless green ideas and invisible pink unicorns.

Sliva has at last declared motion to be real on Elea, and the remainder who insist motion is impossible are now widely mocked. Sliva has also created small gardens with fruit for the Fae around Elea on the mountain's sides. (Sliva: -1E)

Sacohpiocutr'ron has created a number of poorly mixed predators, many of which soon die from starvation or predation.

Details on biology and ecology have recently been published, attracting back at least some of the intellectuals put off by the gossip.

The Keardai Protector is now larger by one step.

Zurion follows the magic philosophers around and sees them squabbling, building towers, and engaging in petty acts of arson and demolition.

Isgon reassigns two handfuls of Conditors to the subject of Drakicide. Isgon has also suggested opening up trade with the inhabitants of Gnu, providing them with a currency system. Zurion makes sure to order discipline in handling the trading.

Dorkār has created just over a thousand Dorkārese.

Malakath examines the souls previously made, noticing that they do have differences when examined closely. There are no visible souls for critters made by other gods. Malakath attempts to create two identical human souls, but no amount of coaxing can quite get the two to be identical, although they do get close. Tinkering with emotions on a normal human's soul appears to damage it. Finally, Malakath creates 170 more human souls in Malakathium. (Malakath: -1E) Axt manages to steal one soul and seals it in a sword tossed somewhere less volcanic than the last sword, somehow unopposed at all.

Still, no significant worship seems to occur.

Zurion has created blue flowers that explode to disperse their seeds in springtime, a perfect gift for the god of Explosions.(but for the possibility that such a god would probably prefer mushrooms)

Charon has moved a moon(let?) from Batshortsech and placed it into orbit around Zoigat and created the medium small Immortality node of Resplendence at Axtfell, where Axt struck the earth. (Charon: -4E) Additionally, Charon has played a heavy metal ballad at the sun and instructed his titans to send promising musicians to Axtfell for training.

New (i.e. future) prayers have been disabled by a certain Council ruling.

There is a disturbing rumbling of approval-like gibberish from somewhere.
A Draki army has begun climbing to Elea.
News of weapons falling from the sky terrifies a number of Keardai.

No one this Tick qualified for influence income, will recheck next Tick. (max. worship income to qualify: Still -0.4E/t) Make a race already! Influence is less reliable!

Suspended actions
(Mostly due to unknown/unavailable traits)
Axt: Crete 17 droplets (also here) (Reason: Not finalized within cost constraints)
Vir: Create 5000 tier one stone dragons (Reason: No support for transforming creatures)
Vir: Create 1000 Mimics on Ka (Reason: No traits given)

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)
Active Council resolutions
Spoiler: Council resolutions (click to show/hide)
Proposalog

Other
Spoiler: Other (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Traits (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Passed (click to show/hide)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: May 09, 2016, 05:25:18 am »

>I see.

Well, then.

More generickind.  1E worth.

Also, the generickind should be worshipping me.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 05:35:40 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: May 09, 2016, 05:27:45 am »

Charon, annoyed, checks who's worshipping him.
 Charon uses Runemagic to infuse the greatest musicians with limited immortality. Any musician that is truly great and impresses Charon is allowed to remain in Axtfell forever, kept alive by Resplendence. Any of these immortals who leave Axtfell instantly begins ageing oncemore.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: May 09, 2016, 05:48:53 am »

Tinkering with emotions on a normal human's soul appears to damage it.
I compare the soul with regular souls. This is supposed to get me a general description of how it differs. (e.g. "It looks unhealthy, as if physically ill, and less like it actually exists.")

I compare the mind and body of the human to what they were before. This is to see if there are any noteworthy differences.

I kill the human and watch its soul. This experiment is to see if the soul can manage to go to Malakathium as it normally could and to see if Malakathium has any effect on it. If the soul is not healed after it enters Malakathium, I will heal it.

After the soul is healed, I compare the mind and body of the human to what they were before the soul was damaged. This is to see if there are any noteworthy differences.

I contemplate my sphere. This experiment is to see if contemplating my sphere has any effect.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 05:53:16 am by Andres »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: May 09, 2016, 05:54:07 am »

"RELIABLE SOURCES LINK MUNROE TO PRINTING HOUSE FIRE."

"A single printing house isn't enough to get truly angry over, but if this becomes a habit, know that there will be retribution."

Proposal:
All unwarranted destructive action by a god towards mortals that are not of its creation is forbidden. Breaking this rule may lead to sanctions that are to be determined at a later time. Two deities other than the actor publicly supporting the action warrants it.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 05:56:14 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: May 09, 2016, 05:59:34 am »

Listen to prayer's as i watch the draki army.
"The Draki will prove to be....entertaining in due time."
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 06:03:07 am by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 135