Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 135

Author Topic: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 18.5: Bounces  (Read 176589 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 11: There is Nothing in the Void
« Reply #1560 on: May 15, 2016, 05:02:15 am »

"It is...inelegant. Unnecessarily complicated for what it is trying to do. Why not simply make an expensive Trait that grants your creation some measure of fate's protection? Or even the ability to rise evermore from the ashes. There's no need for a stat system and deliberately separated agents outside of the system we already have. Here. I'll even make the Proposal."

Propose Trait Amendments: Scaling Traits/Traits with multiple possible ranks cannot be scaled above +6 without the Legendary Trait. With the Legendary Trait, they may be scaled up to +10 if desired.

Propose Trait:
Legendary[x50]: The creation is protected by the vagaries of fate itself, and can recover from even the most grievous of wounds. It is nigh-impossible to truly kill the creation, though forcing it to take time to recuperate is very much possible. The creation also does not suffer from the effects of age or wear, and cannot die of starvation, thirst, or lack of sleep, though if it normally requires these, a lack will still be extremely detrimental. Additionally, it is less expensive to grant the creation other traits. For traits, the cost multiplier's difference from 1 is halved. ((BaseTraitCost-1)*0.5)+1=Final Trait Cost. Upon requesting perusal, the Council may deem certain Traits to be less expensive for creations with Legendary than others, or more expensive. It takes two ticks before such a request may be approved, and determining if it is approved follows the normal Council rules for SUPPORT/OPPOSE of the adjusted price. Legendary is a Price-Adjusting Trait, and is incompatible with other Price-Adjusting Traits.

Oppose.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: May 15, 2016, 05:29:33 am »

"It is...inelegant. Unnecessarily complicated for what it is trying to do. Why not simply make an expensive Trait that grants your creation some measure of fate's protection? Or even the ability to rise evermore from the ashes. There's no need for a stat system and deliberately separated agents outside of the system we already have. Here. I'll even make the Proposal."

Propose Trait Amendments: Scaling Traits/Traits with multiple possible ranks cannot be scaled above +6 without the Legendary Trait. With the Legendary Trait, they may be scaled up to +10 if desired.

Propose Trait:
Legendary[x50]: The creation is protected by the vagaries of fate itself, and can recover from even the most grievous of wounds. It is nigh-impossible to truly kill the creation, though forcing it to take time to recuperate is very much possible. The creation also does not suffer from the effects of age or wear, and cannot die of starvation, thirst, or lack of sleep, though if it normally requires these, a lack will still be extremely detrimental. Additionally, it is less expensive to grant the creation other traits. For traits, the cost multiplier's difference from 1 is halved. ((BaseTraitCost-1)*0.5)+1=Final Trait Cost. Upon requesting perusal, the Council may deem certain Traits to be less expensive for creations with Legendary than others, or more expensive. It takes two ticks before such a request may be approved, and determining if it is approved follows the normal Council rules for SUPPORT/OPPOSE of the adjusted price. Legendary is a Price-Adjusting Trait, and is incompatible with other Price-Adjusting Traits.

Support

Oppose.
"The few moments you where dead where truly peaceful where they not? Its a shame it had to end."
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: May 15, 2016, 06:10:08 am »

Propose Trait:

Oppose

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: May 15, 2016, 06:17:53 am »

[Axt, God of Enchanted Weapons]

"With the suggestions of traits, I will do so too."
Propose Trait: Champion [x25]: Can only be applied to creatures capable of worship, these creatures can use semi-divine powers, which can't be fully restrained. They have absolute will, and can break any mind control (even if it's there from the beginning), if they put enough will to it. Creatures with this trait cannot be immortal, and this trait cannot be passed on. Creatures with this trait cannot enter any plane of afterlife, and will be bound to the material world upon death.
"Death gives life meaning, to rob one of it, is the ultimate cruelty."
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: May 15, 2016, 09:37:46 am »

"how would your trait work, you can't make an entire race a champion can you? So would you have to spend 25 essence? Please clear up your proposal before I can even vote on it."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: May 15, 2016, 09:56:01 am »

Propose Trait:

Saukko

Oppose

Propose Trait: Champion [x25]: Can only be applied to creatures capable of worship, these creatures can use semi-divine powers, which can't be fully restrained. They have absolute will, and can break any mind control (even if it's there from the beginning), if they put enough will to it. Creatures with this trait cannot be immortal, and this trait cannot be passed on. Creatures with this trait cannot enter any plane of afterlife, and will be bound to the material world upon death.

Oppose
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: May 15, 2016, 10:45:47 am »

Zurion sets up his office to be larger, and to hold enough chairs and tables so any god could attend.
"MAYBE, we should discuss about what we are all discussing here. Everyone has an own opinion on the matter, and also very different thoughts on what these agents actually are.
So I say before we can actually discuss furtherly on this topic we must state clear what we want.
Observing your actions and listening to your words made me crystallize some different archetypes we want.
Demigods, half divine half mortal these beings can achieve aweinspiring feats in the realm of mortals and sometimes in the realm of gods as well. A vision of a man you all asume to be named hercules comes to you
Gargantuans, mostly immortal creatures with weird reality twisting abilities and varying unearthly appearances, sentient and able to worship. Before your eye flashes the vision of a woman with a snake lower body and snakes as hair.
Giant Beasts, just that.
Legendary Beasts, often sapient, extremely powerful entities probably bound to coordinating a major cosmic task, possible source of future magic.
Spirits (Demons): Beings of sphere alignment based on hierachies, probably bound to coordinating a minor cosmic task (Here I think you should have two types, basic spirits and special spirit. The special spirit is a herold of the spirit world and the basic spirits are their armies, to whatever task they might be bound.

If you like this list DO NOT support it yet, as this is not worked out at all. Instead give me your valued opinion on this so we can optimize this entire process.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: May 15, 2016, 11:08:34 am »

Sacohpiocutr'ron Pops into Zurion's Office in the form of a chair, sitting around listening.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: May 15, 2016, 11:50:07 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Support
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oppose

"So Sacohpiocutr'ron do you have anything to say to the notes I have given to all of you?"

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: May 15, 2016, 12:31:02 pm »

"how would your trait work, you can't make an entire race a champion can you? So would you have to spend 25 essence? Please clear up your proposal before I can even vote on it."
"Creations that can worship begins at 0.004, multiply that by 25, and one gets 0.1, so that is the base cost for making a champion.
I have no intention to make a race of champions, but to instead either uplift mortals, or create single champions.
It makes them cost enough to make it nigh impossible to create an army of champions. But there is still a low enough cost to give one room to work with in creating a champion.
The semi-divine power is akin to heroic resolve, granting one the power to go a step beyond the possible, a slight disregard for reality.
Though it is not fully divine, and thus cannot achieve the truly impossible.
"

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: May 15, 2016, 12:32:49 pm »

"I like your idea, make it cost 1 essence at least and we are talking..."

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: May 15, 2016, 12:39:34 pm »

"If one does that, a strong champion costs 1.5, and a strong and smart one costs 2.25. It would increase in cost too fast.
So no, I will keep it this low. A champion is never intended to have this trait alone.
"

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: May 15, 2016, 12:54:02 pm »

"If one does that, a strong champion costs 1.5, and a strong and smart one costs 2.25. It would increase in cost too fast.
So no, I will keep it this low. A champion is never intended to have this trait alone.
"

"Why would any of us want to create a champion who will act against us if they are sufficiently strong? That encourages us to create weak champions. The mortals would think is weak if our representatives were so."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: May 15, 2016, 01:08:05 pm »

"Why would any of us want to create a champion who will act against us if they are sufficiently strong? That encourages us to create weak champions. The mortals would think is weak if our representatives were so."
"If one wants a dog, create a dog, and call it a dog. Do not sully the name of champion by applying it to dogs.
If one wants a strong champion, one must accept the risks. If one create only weak champions, the mortals have every reason to think one weak.
A champion can be corrupted, yes, and I would have it no other way. To have an incorruptible champion, is a step to stagnation, which will only bring ultimate twilight.
"

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: May 15, 2016, 01:22:34 pm »

"If one wants a dog, create a dog, and call it a dog. Do not sully the name of champion by applying it to dogs.
If one wants a strong champion, one must accept the risks. If one create only weak champions, the mortals have every reason to think one weak.
A champion can be corrupted, yes, and I would have it no other way. To have an incorruptible champion, is a step to stagnation, which will only bring ultimate twilight.
"

"You are a fool. There are 20 other gods who can corrupt a champion under your proposal. In a 20 against 1 scenario, who do you think is going to win? Having strong champions who are all corrupted beyond imagination will make us look weaker than having multiple minor champions.

If you wish to have a corruptible champion, you make them so when you are creating it. You will not force your ideals on the rest of us."

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 135