Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 135

Author Topic: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 18.5: Bounces  (Read 176548 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 16.0: To Jump in a Lake
« Reply #1755 on: May 22, 2016, 12:57:49 am »

"But your discount applies no more than mine does, despite the soul being the spring from which Passion pours."
"Souls are a requirement of an emotion? Have you confirmed this? Are there other emotions that require souls to exist?"
"The vast majority, in fact. Only the most basic, more sensation than emotion, do not. And I am a God. I have no need for trials to determine what is evidently true, particularly that pertaining to my spheres."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Fiery_Death

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: May 22, 2016, 12:58:18 am »

Proposals for Artifact traits: Acidic 2.0 3.0 and 5.0 respectively,The first level of this trait means in the case of a weapon whoever is cut by it will feel a painful burning feeling in the wound the second level would actually have the person hit have there flesh burn away for a few seconds and the third level of this trait would mean anyone who is hit would have there flesh burn away to the bone making it extremely useful against lightly armored targets.

Support

Sharpness 2.3 3.5 5.0 The weapon is sharper then normal and can cut through things most swords can not at level one this would be able to cut through a unarmored man with ease and able to with a hard enough blow cut through copper level two it would be able to cut through bronze and copper easily and with a strong enough strike iron and at level three cut through iron and all weaker materials easily and with a strong enough strike cut through steel. cannot be used with traits that make the weapon as weaker.

Support with amendment [Sharpness [8.0] Can cut through anything like butter apart from divine materials.]

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: May 22, 2016, 01:17:59 am »

Sharpness 2.3 3.5 5.0 The weapon is sharper then normal and can cut through things most swords can not at level one this would be able to cut through a unarmored man with ease and able to with a hard enough blow cut through copper level two it would be able to cut through bronze and copper easily and with a strong enough strike iron and at level three cut through iron and all weaker materials easily and with a strong enough strike cut through steel. cannot be used with traits that make the weapon as weaker.

Support with amendment [Sharpness [8.0] Can cut through anything like butter apart from divine materials.]
"I am fine with that amendment."
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: May 22, 2016, 02:08:41 am »

"But your discount applies no more than mine does, despite the soul being the spring from which Passion pours."
"Souls are a requirement of an emotion? Have you confirmed this? Are there other emotions that require souls to exist?"
"The vast majority, in fact. Only the most basic, more sensation than emotion, do not"
"Do I have power over emotions?"
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: May 22, 2016, 02:24:21 am »

[Axt, God of Enchanted Weapons]
"I already have, at least im my own way, and would you all please take the time to vote on these proposals i made earlier?"
Proposals for Artifact traits: Acidic 2.0 3.0 and 5.0 respectively,The first level of this trait means in the case of a weapon whoever is cut by it will feel a painful burning feeling in the wound the second level would actually have the person hit have there flesh burn away for a few seconds and the third level of this trait would mean anyone who is hit would have there flesh burn away to the bone making it extremely useful against lightly armored targets

"Well, might as well..."
Support
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: May 22, 2016, 02:25:23 am »

Spoiler: Votes (click to show/hide)

Proposal: Abstain votes are tracked on proposals and traits. They have no effect beyond making it clear who has taken that stance on the proposal or trait
Instant amendment: Abstain votes count as votes for determining the majority percentage of support and opposal. For example, a proposal with four support votes, one abstain vote and two oppose votes would not immediately pass without another supporter.

8E worth of Paperboys scattered around currently settled areas.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: May 22, 2016, 02:30:42 am »

Proposal: Abstain votes are tracked on proposals and traits. They have no effect beyond making it clear who has taken that stance on the proposal or trait
Instant amendment: Abstain votes count as votes for determining the majority percentage of support and opposal. For example, a proposal with four support votes, one abstain vote and two oppose votes would not immediately pass without another supporter.
Oppose

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: May 22, 2016, 03:08:42 am »

"Do I have power over emotions?"
"Do you? Do I have power over bread, given that it requires flame to bake? Does Saukko hold power over farming, given how heavily weather factors into it? Who controls the sunshine, he or I? These are tiresome questions, dear, and rather pointless. If you are so desperate for every piece of Essence you can scrape up, I have to ask what you plan on doing with it, that you feel the need to compete with the rest of us so intensely. Mind you, I like the effort you're putting in. It's good to be passionate about something, at least. I just find the methods you're taking rather boring, personally. Much more exciting to just...make a change, no?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: May 22, 2016, 03:09:06 am »

Oppose
"While I understand why you would oppose the amendment, I can't but wonder what you have against the primary proposal."

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: May 22, 2016, 03:20:00 am »

"I have something similar to ask you reporter."
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: May 22, 2016, 03:23:51 am »

"The artifact traits you proposed are too specific. They look like something that would be used once and then left to clutter the list."
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 03:25:48 am by IcyTea31 »

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: May 22, 2016, 03:26:14 am »

"You really don't know what im talking about? Im wondering why you opposed my proposal which is why it is similar to your question to Tower.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: May 22, 2016, 03:37:33 am »

"Do you? Do I have power over bread, given that it requires flame to bake? Does Saukko hold power over farming, given how heavily weather factors into it? Who controls the sunshine, he or I?"
"I don't know, that's why I'm asking. I don't know, probably not. I don't know, depends. Both."

"If you are so desperate for every piece of Essence you can scrape up, I have to ask what you plan on doing with it, that you feel the need to compete with the rest of us so intensely."
"Under the stated conditions, you will not have to ask what I plan on doing with Essence."

"Much more exciting to just...make a change, no?"
"No. Recklessness leads to failure and failure results in disappointment."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: May 22, 2016, 03:38:15 am »

Oppose
"While I understand why you would oppose the amendment, I can't but wonder what you have against the primary proposal."
I might ask why you oppose the god corpses proposal as well. But to answer your question, the primary proposal serves no real purpose on its own except to increase the workload of The One Who Counts

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: May 22, 2016, 04:05:48 am »

I might ask why you oppose the god corpses proposal as well.
"Not much good can come of it. While it would certainly be cool to have, say, a tower made from a divine corpse, there would be the problem of its ownership (Communal? Not in this Council, don't make me laugh), as well as the question of what makes it different from a tower made from stone, or from Essence. Beyond that, it would encourage deicide, which is probably not what you want."

But to answer your question, the primary proposal serves no real purpose on its own except to increase the workload of The One Who Counts
"The One Who Counts will look at all our votes either way; having them noted is not a huge job. Having abstain votes counted makes Council politics easier when we don't have to guess whether or not a given god has a stance on a proposal. Considering how important politicking has become with the current Council rules, a tiny workload increase is excusable."
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 135