Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What are your favorite (up to 4) pizza toppings?

Meat: Ham (including Pepperoni and Salami)
- 48 (12.2%)
Meat: Chicken
- 24 (6.1%)
Meat: Beef
- 16 (4.1%)
Meat: Bacon
- 27 (6.9%)
Seafood: Anchovies
- 0 (0%)
Seafood: Crustaceans and other small non-fish (shrimps, crab, scallops etc)
- 3 (0.8%)
Seafood: Big Fish (salmon, tuna and so on)
- 1 (0.3%)
Fruit: Pineapple
- 24 (6.1%)
Mushrooms: 'Standard Pizza Mushrooms'
- 25 (6.3%)
Mushrooms: Chantrelle
- 2 (0.5%)
Peppers: Normal (non-spicy)
- 8 (2%)
Peppers: Chili (and spicier!)
- 22 (5.6%)
Vegetables: Olives
- 23 (5.8%)
Vegetables: Onion
- 24 (6.1%)
Vegetables: Corn
- 2 (0.5%)
Vegetables: Tomatoes (including dried ones)
- 6 (1.5%)
Vegetables: Cucumber
- 0 (0%)
Vegetables: Spinach
- 5 (1.3%)
Vegetables: Broccoli
- 0 (0%)
Cheese: Gorgonzolla
- 3 (0.8%)
Cheese: Feta
- 10 (2.5%)
Cheese: Mozarella
- 42 (10.7%)
Other: Egg (boiled or otherwise)
- 0 (0%)
Other: Mac&Cheese
- 2 (0.5%)
Sauce/Seasoning: Ranch Dressing (that white sauce with garlic and other spices)
- 4 (1%)
Sauce/Seasoning: Lemon Pepper Mix
- 1 (0.3%)
Sauce/Seasoning: Parsley
- 0 (0%)
Sauce/Seasoning: Bolognese
- 1 (0.3%)
Sauce/Seasoning: Basil
- 6 (1.5%)
Sauce/Seasoning: Pepper (as in, ground powdery stuff, all kinds included)
- 4 (1%)
Sauce/Seasoning: Soy Sauce
- 0 (0%)
Other: Tofu & other soy products
- 1 (0.3%)
Other: ...Donuts
- 2 (0.5%)
Meat: Non-chicken fowl (Turkey, Geese etc)
- 0 (0%)
Vegetables: Beets
- 0 (0%)
Vegetables: Garlic
- 5 (1.3%)
Vegetables: Peas
- 0 (0%)
Vegetables: Carrot
- 0 (0%)
Vegetables: Leek
- 0 (0%)
Sauce/Seasoning: Sweet&Sour Sauce
- 1 (0.3%)
Sauce/Seasoning: "Garlic Fingers Donair Sauce", whatever that is
- 0 (0%)
Cheese: Gouda
- 4 (1%)
Cheese: Cheddar
- 5 (1.3%)
Cheese: Goat cheese
- 3 (0.8%)
Cheese: Parmesan
- 11 (2.8%)
Cheese: Provolone (some sandwich cheese)
- 1 (0.3%)
Other: Kimchi
- 2 (0.5%)
Other: Sauerkraut
- 0 (0%)
Sauce/Seasoning: Alfredo Sauce
- 5 (1.3%)
Sauce/Seasoning: Pesto Sauce
- 2 (0.5%)
Sauce/Seasoning: Curry
- 0 (0%)
Seafood: Calamari and Octopi
- 1 (0.3%)
Seafood: Caviar
- 0 (0%)
Fruit: Banana
- 0 (0%)
Fruit: Apples
- 1 (0.3%)
Fruit: Pears
- 0 (0%)
Fruit: Peaches
- 0 (0%)
Fruit: Kiwi
- 0 (0%)
Vegetables: Potato
- 1 (0.3%)
Mushrooms: Boletes
- 0 (0%)
Sauce/Seasoning: Barbecue (BBQ) Sauce
- 8 (2%)
Meat: Sausage (any kind and any meat)
- 6 (1.5%)
Cheese: Cream Cheese
- 2 (0.5%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Ultimate Poll of Bay12 Pizza Toppings!  (Read 8906 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate Poll of Bay12 Pizza Toppings!
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2016, 06:01:27 pm »

Well, apart from "every cheese you got, man.." plus some lesser toppings, I tend to go for a generic pepperoni pizza when shop-bought, but at my favourite gen-oo-ine Ifalian pizzeria with a gen-oo-ine Italian guy at the helm, I tend to go for a rather meatier-with-loadsa-onions concoction, after some testing of varieties over the years. (But I can't tell you exactly what, it's been too long since I examined the descriptive subtitle below the italianesque headline name.)

Also, if the bolded text in the vote results indicates the four choices I made, I think it's shifted by one from what I intended. (I wonder if OP's adding of ten new options, just now, causex that, or perhaps it was my own silly fault.)

Oh yeah, I don't like tomatoes on pizza.  Tomato sauce for the base, ok,  but not slices/pieces of tomato.  (In my student years, I even had the occasional cheese'n'tomato pizza without any tomato, due to miscommunication.  Good job chese-on-bread is just so yummy.  ;)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2016, 06:03:26 pm »

What I'm most surprised about the whole poll is amount of people who prefer onions. I thought they wouldn't get more than few votes, but lookit, it's 4th most popular option.

Guess bay12 is full of onion-eaters :P
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2016, 06:04:53 pm »

Poll also needs Cream Cheese. That's what I get when I'm being stupidly indulgent. Pepperoni, Mushroom, Black Olive and Cream Cheese deep dish was my regular order at the pizza place I worked for. A medium was enough food for 2 days.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2016, 06:08:18 pm »

At that point you are getting pretty close to actual pie... which obviously isn't a bad thing.

I would've voted for caramelized onions, but I don't like most pizza onions (though I don't particularly dislike them). They need more cooking than pizzas generally get.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2016, 06:09:09 pm »

What I'm most surprised about the whole poll is amount of people who prefer onions. I thought they wouldn't get more than few votes, but lookit, it's 4th most popular option.

Guess bay12 is full of onion-eaters :P
People who don't like onions are... they are... even worse than people who like olives, ugh. I do hope they aren't a majority.
Onion is the god of vegetables. Good in every dish. Its only rival is potato, but even that doesn't have quite the same wide range of uses.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2016, 06:13:54 pm »

Onions are good, but bell peppers and mushrooms both trump them in my opinion (and meat is really good too). Personally I'm the type of person who goes "lets put more toppings on it!" all the time with supremes or supremes+other stuff. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2016, 06:21:50 pm »

Onion is one of the most vile tasting vegetables in existence :P

Even worse, people seem obsessed with shoving them in everything and it takes barely any to screw up the entire foodstuff, as the junk is not only bad tasting but strong. If I could vote only one vegetable out of existence, it would be onion.

... that said, it is fairly obvious a great swath of our species has malformed tastebuds that enjoy the gunk, so... that's okay, I guess. For them. Just don't come at me with it unless you want me to come at you with the pizza cutting knife.

It's too bad this is just toppings and not actual pizza format (pan crust, thin crust, deep dish, flatbeard, etc...) Then we could watch East Coasters maintain their delusional stance that thin crust is a superior form of pizza.
Hold up, now. It's not really east coasters, exactly. More central/north east, as there's still plenty of support for the thicker crusts in the south east. Even moreso than for thin crust, in a number of places.

Though yeah, definitely more toppings. It's not exactly unusual for me to double the overall thickness of a pizza once I start adding stuff to it. If it ain't hard for the toppings to stay on, there ain't enough yet.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2016, 06:31:02 pm »

Onion is one of the most vile tasting vegetables in existence :P

Even worse, people seem obsessed with shoving them in everything and it takes barely any to screw up the entire foodstuff, as the junk is not only bad tasting but strong. If I could vote only one vegetable out of existence, it would be onion.

... that said, it is fairly obvious a great swath of our species has malformed tastebuds that enjoy the gunk, so... that's okay, I guess. For them. Just don't come at me with it unless you want me to come at you with the pizza cutting knife.

It's too bad this is just toppings and not actual pizza format (pan crust, thin crust, deep dish, flatbeard, etc...) Then we could watch East Coasters maintain their delusional stance that thin crust is a superior form of pizza.
Hold up, now. It's not really east coasters, exactly. More central/north east, as there's still plenty of support for the thicker crusts in the south east. Even moreso than for thin crust, in a number of places.

Though yeah, definitely more toppings. It's not exactly unusual for me to double the overall thickness of a pizza once I start adding stuff to it. If it ain't hard for the toppings to stay on, there ain't enough yet.

Sicilian style best style, remove Neapolitan, remove Chicago.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2016, 06:35:48 pm »

... Neapolitan pizza? I... I thought that was just icecream. Looks like it, though, looking it up. I've eaten it, too! Huh.

Though personally, I don't really have a favorite style. Pizza est. One does not rank crusts, one consumes them.
Ask not!
Ask!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2016, 06:37:20 pm »

Though personally, I don't really have a favorite style. Pizza est. One does not rank crusts, one consumes them.

He speakes the truth, my excellencies ;v!
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2016, 07:28:57 pm »

For a while now, the only pizza I order is a thoroughly oddball Spinach-Ricotta-Eggplant-Parmesan(?) one. With a garlic sauce. Surprisingly good.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2016, 07:49:54 pm »

BBQ sauce, chicken, pineapple, onion and/or garlic, cheese. When YHWH handed down the tablets to Moses on Mount Sinai, that topping combination was inscribed thereupon. (Moses did some creative editing before bringing 'em down the mountain. Never trust a dude with a messiah complex.)
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2016, 09:47:57 pm »

Olive is one of the most vile tasting vegetables in existence :P

Even worse, people seem obsessed with shoving them in everything and it takes barely any to screw up the entire foodstuff, as the junk is not only bad tasting but strong. If I could vote only one vegetable out of existence, it would be olive.
I think your autocorrect sabotaged your post or something. Never fear, I have, as they say, FTFY. ;)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2016, 02:07:30 am »

BBQ sauce, chicken, pineapple, onion and/or garlic, cheese. When YHWH handed down the tablets to Moses on Mount Sinai, that topping combination was inscribed thereupon. (Moses did some creative editing before bringing 'em down the mountain. Never trust a dude with a messiah complex.)

By creative editing, you mean dropping that particular stone tablet, right?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2016, 06:59:56 am »

Smirk did not. Little known fact, the tablets have very vigorously scratched out parts that the commandments were clearly inscribed over. The defacements just happen to be the exact size of a pizza recipe, ingredients on one, directions on the other.
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6