Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Duelyst - F2P Tactical CCG - New Expansion due 11th July  (Read 13923 times)

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is a very fun game actually!  Thanks for sharing.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Glad you're enjoying it :)

Just to show you can do it this is the deck i ran to get me to dia, zero legendaries and falls into the budget value rang ~1500-2k.

http://duelystdb.com/decks/view/10412

^ this site has loads of decks posted under the Decks button to give you some ideas. And the page i'll link below has a ranking page, but the day after that was posted the patch hit nerfing Zirix's OP BBS and the Sister's were released which totally changed the meta but an updated version is in the works for next month after the new cards are released.

Incase you heard of have maybe seen some of the Sister's floating around this article covers them:

http://managlow.com/sister-sister/
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

Will Alvein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just reporting in after about one week of playing this game, so far it hasn't disappointed.

I just got up to gold rank playing a Vanar deck with mostly basic cards, a lot of them are very powerful, and I've been having lots of fun. Haven't even disenchanted any cards for crafting yet, since I still don't know which deck I'd like to spend my resources on. So, if anyone is interested, you can definitely get up to gold to claim that delicious monthly legendary just with the cards you get from opening packs.

I'm still learning the matchups, I've lost quite a few games that I could have won just because I forgot about a card that I could have played around, but overall the experience has been really good.

I will officially rate this game 9.3/10, just because of that stupid bug that keeps crashing the game when deckbuilding.
Overall much more strategy and room for missplay/outplay than hearthstone, I'll probably keep playing this game for a long time.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Glad you enjoy it!

Vanar is solid atm, and since the Zirix changes a Kara deck is now one of the top decks.

I still get caught out of position, usually forgetting about Vanar Faie BBS :) And by now you may have encountered Makantor Warbeast(Magmar), the way you position for that is by having your minions on the diagonal from your general, so at most only 2 can die.

Most of the display bugs/crashes so far have been due to gfx driver issues esp if using Intel ones, and an update was released recently for those which stopped a lot of the issues. You could try updating yours and see if that helps.

Yep it's more complex than HS as you have to think not just about what cards to play but also their position will make a huge difference esp the higher up the ladder you go where you'll meet many Makantor's/Holy Immolations etc.
Checkout this guide here for how to play around the most common ones: https://www.reddit.com/r/duelyst/comments/4l8xs5/duelyst_alpha_and_omega_guide/
They're listed under the "How to play around "wrath" effects" section.

I will sort out some useful links and paste them in one of the 1st posts here too at some point.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So it turns out that near the end of the month, there are a lot of experienced people who log in to get that last bit of experience.  My deck went from 7 wins in a row to more like a 1:3 win/loss ratio.  Bleh.

Either that or I had a brain aneurysm and hadn't noticed.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Thanks for sharing this with me, I nearly missed out on something, well, darn good!

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So it turns out that near the end of the month, there are a lot of experienced people who log in to get that last bit of experience.  My deck went from 7 wins in a row to more like a 1:3 win/loss ratio.  Bleh.

Either that or I had a brain aneurysm and hadn't noticed.

People will make that extra push for the next tier for the end of month rewards so maybe got caught in that storm :)

These are the rewards for your final tier rank in June:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If you wanna know your play stats for each of the factions you can use this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/duelyst/comments/4m7e94/new_and_accurate_faction_statistics_script/

http://duelysthub.com/ also does the same i think(i haven't used it yet) and will track your matches.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Another one of the new minions from the expansion, dear god it looks amazing.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

Shiro Puppydragon made me grin. Forward the Shiro army!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm sure quite a bit off stuff has changed, i guess you played it before they added the Bloodborne Spells? ie your iron thingy. Vet was OP last month, your BBS used to have Rush on it, and with dunecasters it was sickeningly strong.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pretty big patch hitting today, loads of juicy stuff:

https://news.duelyst.com/duelyst-patch-1-68/

Next Month the expansion is expected too, they haven't said when exactly though.

Oh and if you hadn't heard each general will be getting Skins, a MK II and MK III version, here is Reva MK II for example:

https://twitter.com/PlayDuelyst/status/755115590147121152
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 12:17:14 am by Intrinsic »

Will Alvein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I finally made it to diamond rank!

For a while I was playing a healyonar deck, which while fun, has a tendency to fall behind if they get rid of all of your minions. I managed to climb to rank 7 with it but I kept losing, specially since its worst matchup is magmar and I was facing lots of them in that rank (stupid warbeasts).

So I went back to Vanar, but this time more of a wall-control type of deck. It's a very budget list, since I can't really afford many legendaries, so right now I'm not running any gravity wells, but the bonechill barriers combined with glacial elementals make for a really good board control combo, it can often make you gain control of the board after losing it, so it's really powerful.
Also, even though snowchaser seems like an aggroish card, it's ridiculously good at keeping board control by chipping away damage, but also by blocking paths of other cards and also combining  it with glacial elementals, it's good.
The deck also makes for really fun games, you can often surprise the oponent with 10+ burst damage if they leave any walls up, morphing them with aspect of the moutains/drake/fox + bloodborn spell.

Anyway, I just wanted to rant a bit about that. I'm also excited about the expansion, lots of information about it shown today, including a huge change to how shadow creep works, thankfully.

I'm still having lots of fun, pretty good game.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah Snow Chaser is a scabby lil git that never stops coming back unless you have a dispell or similar.

I caught the end of the Roundtable last night so missed most of it but will watch it at some point, but here is the thread with all the details and new cards shown:

https://www.reddit.com/r/duelyst/comments/4u4z63/round_table_7_denizems_of_shimzar_is_live_info/

The creep change will i hope be great, it's so damn cheesy to win using it imo ;p

Have you had much luck with prismatics? i got 2 or 3 from 5 orbs. I got 1 Unseven(super lucky to get a leg prismatic!) and earlier a Fireblazer, can't remember what the other one was.

I started my climb games yesterday, had just been trying to get my dailies done up until that point as super busy atm. I'm 7 atm just under 6, i'd like to get 5 obv depends on if i have the time to sit down and play plus hope my deck is solid enough. I only have 1 solid deck atm, my dia deck from last month just isn't that good in the current meta.

Will Alvein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I didn't save any gold for the update so I've just opened 2 packs and gotten 1 prismatic so far (it was an epic card), so I don't have any statistically significant data, but if I had to guess there's probably the same chance of any card you open to be prismatic, it would just make sense.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile

Started this yesterday, and been having a lot of fun! I've been maining as Vetruvian, but I have both a Vanar deck and an Abyssian deck too.

Got some pretty good cards for my first few spirit orbs, and a couple of prismatics, too!

Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7