Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Duelyst - F2P Tactical CCG - New Expansion due 11th July  (Read 13935 times)

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Duelyst - F2P Tactical Board CCG - Next expanions due mid Dec
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2016, 05:54:16 am »

Yep just use you 1st month or however long you want as focusing on learning, i just did whatever quests came up even if not for my faction of choice to get that extra gold in for packs which also got me experience playing other factions which helped me learn a bit about them at the same time so i could have an idea what to expect when facing them. Me atm i just logon, get my 1st win of the day done on both my accounts, and if i have time and the Magmar quest do that.

Cards to make sure that are in your Vanar deck atm, x3 of:
Chromatic Cold, amazing amazing card, this will help also vs any cheesy mech decks you face, as while mechaz0r is spell immune, this card actually targets the tile he's on, and not the unit so will work on him.

Aspect of the fox turn any minion into a 3/3, did they play an annoying 3/10 Ironcliffe? who cares! turn it into a 3/3.

Dancing Blades, amazing card, plus you can use Aspect above, then play this card and it'll kill it! deals 3 dmg in front of it when played.

Primus Shieldmaster, amazing 3/6 body for 4 mana with provoke...oh boy.

Note:
Cryo USED to be a must have, but since it's change to 4 mana decks don't even run it anymore. But lower down on the ladder it may be okay still.

Magmar i'll add in a bit, gotta do something quick.
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2016, 09:25:55 am »

Yeah, I use and love Aspect of the Fox and Chromatic Cold. They're awesome. Shieldmaster I have in my Magmar, but I'm actually lacking any Provokes in my Vanar. I also only have 1 copy of Dancing Blades, but I guess they'd be a good first choice for crafting? I could probably swap out my Arctic Displacers, since they seem to be way too easy to remove by the time I can get them on the board anyway...

I also have 3x Crystal Cloakers and 3x Frostfire in my deck, which semi-regularly gets me a 5/6 minion on my first turn (which becomes 7/6 in another turn or two thanks to Infiltrate). Makes for an enjoyable early game. :P

While on the topic, any thoughts on what sort of deck would make good use of walls (e.g. Bonechill Barrier)? It seems like they'd be hilarious to use with powerful transformation cards, but I don't have any of those yet. :/

And yeah, I'd love some Magmar tips since I feel like my Magmar deck is objectively pretty bad. Mostly because the packs have been pretty stingy on that front. I do have a nice Silithar Elder though!

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2016, 01:02:29 pm »

I think in the lower tiers before you can afford some of the "must have" higher cost cards, a "value" card choice is where you wanna aim for. As well as those mentioned above you have the awesome 4/6 for FOUR mana golem, that's amazing value. And yep DBs are amazing value card and will fit into any faction deck defo a 2x and then can craft another if you like em, apart from more spell based ones like Reva.

I got my smurf to gold the other day and over the last 2 months of playing him i've lost i think 3/4 games only, was just something i was messing around with and wasn't planning too but just had a nice win streal, here is the deck i ran:

The only cards i crafted were to make sure i had 3x Young Silithar, 2x Earthsphere and i guess i crafted Amplification. The rest were from packs, luckily i got a Makantor! And the Grove Lion has been useful too but i don't often play him, i rarely actually see him being a 1 off.

I have my 8 2 drops to make sure my 1st turn i have a very good chance of being able to play a minion, so important. Then i have 6 4 drops, again to give me a great board 2nd turn.
Lots of answers are good, i have 3x Ephem, 2x Natural Selections, 2x Plasma storm, 3x Repulsor beast and an Egg Morph. Sabrespine Tigers and Rep Beasts you very rarely play them as a drop, Rep Beasts you'd use them to shove big threats away from you as far as possible, and tigers i basically use as a 3 dmg nuke to clear stuff they may have placed out of your normal range.
For card draw we have 2x Blaze Hound and 1x Sojourner, running out of options in hand is bad! which is why learning how to curve(play cards to the value of your current mana) is so important. Blaze Hounds can be a great 1st turn right side, as if the opponent didn't play a card, i will 100% play that as it makes them throw away a card as their hand will be full, giving you a bigger advantage over them. Another option over Blaze Hound is Void Hunter, BH is more of a goto card as it gives you an immediate option, but also plays a card into your opponents hand so has it's downside. Void Hunter gives you a card on death, so can be dispelled but still leaves a 4/2 on board.

2x Earth Sphere for that big heal, people may forget you have them, for newer players i'd say even run 3.

Vanar budget wall deck, will have changed though since the change to Cryo.
http://i.imgur.com/pc1oq5M.png
More details down the bottom here: http://imgur.com/a/XOhvF

Walls are sorta out now, they were all over the place about a month back, not so more now.

Edit: https://duelyststats.info/scripts/scriptlist.html
That link is very useful, gives you loads of addons to your client. If you use the desktop client(ie not the steam one or via the web) there is a tool you can download to apply the scripts for you. I use: Deck Tracker, Faction Statistics, Collection Enchancements, Friend Utilies & UI Helpers i'd recommend those.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 01:06:26 pm by Intrinsic »

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2016, 10:30:38 am »

Thanks for the links, etc. I've added a couple Dancing Blades to my Vanar deck and they're definitely good value. Didn't even have to craft one, since the next booster pack I opened after that last post gave me one for free! (and a second Pandora)

I have a full set of off-faction decks now for completing daily quests... (Vetrubbish, Songbad, Lyondown and Abyssmal). I've managed a few wins with all of them except the Songhai one... I really dislike playing Songhai and my deck is just embarassingly non-functional. :/

Is there any way to favourite/save a particular replay permanently? I had a hilarious match last night that involved a 1HP Abyssian general playing a drawn-out game of keepaway with my beefed up Magmar general by filling the board with about 20 wraithlings before I managed to pull the one and only Plasma Storm from my deck, wipe the board, and stroll over to punch her in the face. I want to keep the replay for posterity. :P

And a PSA for those not currently playing: There's a Christmas (Frostfire) event going on now where you get a gift box containing 100 gold, a rare crate key and a special Saberspine Tiger reskin for completing 15 quests.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2016, 11:35:07 am »

Sadly no way to save a fave replay, and anyways each patch that happens invalidates previous replays, so best way would be to record it and put it on YT. Having 2 plasma storms in a deck is defo the way to go atm when playing against most factions, all of the top 4 magmar decks run 3x Thumping Wave and 2x Plasma Storm, and 2 of those also run 3x Natural Selection, with the other running 2x diretide frenzy for additional ae frenzy clear.

Here is a list of cards shown from the expansion so far:

https://www.reddit.com/r/duelyst/comments/5g4c6j/new_expansion_master_card_list/

Some of them are insane.

Incase you missed it, here you can get 2 free common crate keys: https://news.duelyst.com/free-common-crate-keys-for-social-media-follows/
If you can't see the giveaway options, disable any ad blocker you have running.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2016, 02:38:55 pm »

My Vanar deck is currently doing pretty well, and I've been getting some good cards for it. Including the Wind Sister, and Vespyric Call.

I have a really strong early game, and Vespyric Call can be good if I get something like Arctic Displacer, or Draugr Lord.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Duelyst - F2P Tactical Board CCG - Expanion 15th Dec
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2016, 06:35:07 am »

Vanar is a very cool faction, and next expansion you're getting some really nice cards!

Expansion due Thursday 15th Dec! http://www.pcgamer.com/duelysts-next-expansion-is-out-this-week-take-a-look-at-six-new-cards/

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Duelyst - F2P Tactical Board CCG - Expansion Thurs 15th Dec
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2016, 05:12:58 am »

I figured I'd take this for a spin. I just got Sarlac the Eternal from my first orb. Doesn't look like the most useful legendary, but literally the first card I opened in this game was a legendary. I'll be mildly disappointed if it turns out that's scripted. :P

Edit: and Keeper of the Vale off my second orb. Is this scripted? Are legendaries actually pretty common? Am I hitting lucky?

Edit again: The Token Abyssian starter deck is pretty powerful at the low level, apparently. The Shadowwatcher/Wraithling Swarm combo is incredibly strong, and with all the token generation you can hit 2/3 mana springs pretty reliably. Not looking forward to reaching a level where this stops being really good (since I see the meta isn't really favouring Abyssian right now). :P

Edit: sweet mother of mercy the Sarlac is prismatic. Well then. What do I do with 900 spirit? :P
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 09:50:38 am by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2016, 02:48:52 pm »

Sarlac can be useful in certain decks :) mainly as a sacrifice to spawn other bigger minions as it always comes back.

Legendary drop rates are decent enough in Core Orbs, i think it's like 1 in every 4 packs will contain a legendary, shimzar is like 1 in every 5. And the new expansion per orb you get 3x3 of random cards in the set, you can't get duplicates either so 13 orbs gets you everything. It's crazily cheap too at $20 for all if you can't wait to get them with gold, and really some of the cards are batshit insane so this is the place to put your gold/money atm.

Remember to use my referral code for a free pack too! :)

Keeper is pretty nice, but mainly in decks with lots of higher mana cost minions ie he's great with Magmar.

Yes Abyssian starter is maybe the strongest starter deck, i also liked the Vanar one.

As for prismatics, save your dust until you understand which faction you like to play :) then you can work out what you want to spend it on. Usually best to spend it on blues/purples, don't waste it on a legendary.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2017, 09:18:38 am »

So...

What are people's opinions on the new limited-time boss fights?

I found the first one easy, but the others... weren't. I managed to beat both with my shoddy Abyssian deck, only because the AI doesn't really understand Deathwatch very well. The Monolith Guardian I Shadowdance'd to death using mystically multiplying Sarlacs (which was admittedly probably a bug) and the Boreal Juggernaut... I stalled him by Daemonic Lure-ing one of his own walls in front of him, and then fled in circles from his minions until I got lucky and drew my Grandmaster Variax :P (and a Shadow Watcher to feed my newly AWESOME wraithlings' deaths to, which ended up being my winning move since the AI totally ignored it until it was 24/24).

It's fun, but it feels a bit like there's no option besides cheesing them. Maybe someone with better cards and deckbuilding sense than me could make a deck that beats them fair and square, but I'm not going to turn my nose up at free orbs. :P

If they ever make a boss which uses Deathwatch itself though I'm probably completely screwed.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2017, 01:38:59 pm »

The 1st boss, my smurf beat him 1st try with basic cards only, my main very nice cards took like 3/4 games ;p typical!

2nd boss i can't remember much about, but this boss was annoying until i played some cards to take advantage of the AI which is sorta the point of these, reading your opponent and playing accordingly. I used 1x Gauj(all i had) 2x Eclipse and Taygete as my main things, i also ran Phalanxs seeing as they're a 6/1 so the hp is irrelavent, but the dmg is nice.

I guess the biggest recent thing is the iOS testing going on atm with Android following.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Duelyst - F2P Tactical CCG - Expansion Thurs Mid March 2017
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2017, 10:41:11 am »

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Duelyst - F2P Tactical CCG - Expansion due ~Mid March 2017
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2017, 02:40:23 pm »

Just when I was finally almost finished collecting the last expansion... I'm never going to get around to the core set at this rate. :P

The previewed cards look pretty interesting, at least.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2017, 06:27:41 am »

I've only got like 600 gold saved atm which we expect to be packs like for RoTB so that's 2 packs only, will take me a while to get em all too!

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2017, 10:49:19 am »

Just finished the monthly quest and got the common crate key reward.
Opened the crate, and of all the possible cosmetic stuff I could've gotten... It was the alternate general skin for my main general (Faie)!
Quite possibly the only cosmetic item I ever specifically wanted from the game. Daaamn. :D

Now I have a sword that's on fire and a bird that's also on fire. Life is good.

I've been looking at card reveals for the new expansion... I'm actually not as crazy about it as I was about the last one. There's a lot of interesting stuff, but not much that I'm specifically hyped to own. Which is good, since I just finished buying the Bloodborn set and only have 200 gold left. :P

There are however cards I'm really not looking forward to playing against. The one that's worrying me the most right now is this guy, EMP. No interest in using it myself, but I predict major bad feelings whenever I come up against it. Which shouldn't be that often, really, but I do tend to have a lot of slow games...

I've also been slowly building up cards for a wall-themed Vanar deck someday and this feels like it would be impossible for it to play around. Ehh.

Tell me I'm wrong?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7