Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Duelyst - F2P Tactical CCG - New Expansion due 11th July  (Read 13894 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Duelyst - F2P Tactical CCG - New Expansion due 11th July
« Reply #90 on: September 17, 2018, 01:18:17 pm »

Yeeahh. :/ I wish it wasn't looking so bleak, I love Duelyst. It's just hard to be optimistic after having watched the ship catch fire.

Edit: well, okay. New community manager.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 02:58:54 pm by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2020, 03:47:02 pm »

Giving this a big old necrobump because I just found out at the last minute that the Duelyst servers are shutting down permanently 3 days from now.

I haven't touched this game in a while, but I still have great memories of it and it's by far my favourite online card game I ever played. This is hitting me way harder than I expected it to...

From what I was able to glean from looking around, it seems that Bandai Namco decided to pull the plug, and Counterplay Games isn't in a position to do anything about it. The devs are all working on Godfall at the moment, and there had been some hope of revisiting it after that game was released, but apparently it was not to be.

There's a strong possibility the official forums will also be wiped around the same time.

It was a fantastic game at its core, and there's not really anything that's quite going to be able to replace it for me. We can hope that someone engineers a private server for it someday, but the chances seem remote, so I'm not holding my breath...

Well. So long, Duelyst. It was a lot of fun.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2020, 06:18:18 pm »

Aww. I played Duelyst for a while until I got into that awkward point where I was crushing the lower tiers and higher tiers (often with vastly superior units) were flattening me, often to the tune of 5+ win/loss streaks. It was nice, when it didn't feel like you were being dragged behind a truck.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2020, 11:47:32 pm »

Welp, rip. This is the only game I ever really tried to be competitive in
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]