Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rubble problems  (Read 2814 times)

GreenNope

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Rubble problems
« on: April 30, 2016, 09:02:39 pm »

This might sound like a stupid question, but how do i run the browser script on osx in other/webUI? thanks in advance!

Abadrausar

• Bay Watcher
  • empowering ideas
    • View Profile
    • ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫
Re: Rubble problems
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 03:18:12 am »

This might sound like a stupid question, but how do i run the browser script on osx in other/webUI? thanks in advance!
Short Answer for brave people

2.) http://127.0.0.1:2120/menu <- Click here to open Rubble in your open web browser.
If you are using HDFPS or
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If you are using unmodified Rubble
10.) Luckily, I am not saying to you that  you can combine this mod with vanilla, Modest mod, All races playable, Dark Ages II or any other composable green mod, however that is how things are, for the rest they will be soon...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 06:36:40 am by Abadrausar »
::: Humble Dwarf Fortress Publishing System ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫ Mods Push Published in DFFD are auto updated in local Players Catalog :::

Abadrausar

• Bay Watcher
  • empowering ideas
    • View Profile
    • ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 04:51:17 am »

Detailed Answer targetted at my own Great Mother

Hey! She has also the right to play DF, But does not like too much those internet things...
Relevant info from the Milo file other/Rubble Readme.md extracted from the version 8.0.0:
Rubble: Modding Made Easy!

Spoiler: 1.) Overview (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 2.) Where to Find Help (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 3.) Install (click to show/hide)

In order to have a full working Rubble installation, you need to have the rubble directory placed in the root of DF directory, and to have all the functionalities you need also a working copy of DFHACK, PeridexisErrant has done in his pack an excellent job integrating DF with DFHACK and some additional utils and other content, you should use that if you want to evite the hassle of integrating yourself DFHACK into your working DF installation.
At the moment if you also want to evite the hassle of integrating yourself Rubble into your working DF installation, the only option by now is the Release Candidate 2 of HDFPS that you can download from DFFD.
Caveats
1.) All in the DF raw directory is erased and regenerated at each new rubble generate
2.) This mean that if you do any modifications in a Rubble piloted DF install they go instead in the Rubble/addons directory or any of its nested subdirs.
3.) If you use HDFPS, limit yourself to play any of the considered safe mods, those in green in the 2nd post of HDFPS , all the others are a work in progress, that are there only to show how to interact with the Rubble system, in ways more involved that the Rubble tutorials.
4.) Any constructive feedback will be appreciated

I am a linux and windows user, I do not know ni use OSX, ni Safari, but the generic solution (works in Linux, OSX and Windows) that I am proposing to you relies in your web browser and OS supporting bookmark favorites, and that you know how to use and organize them. If you have any other web browser you can google it for specific information.
If for example you use Safari web browser here you have a short tutorial about how to manage your Safari bookmarks on your Mac.
I have placed the Rubble main menu URI
http://127.0.0.1:2120/menu <- click here to open Rubble in your open web browser.
in the favorites bookmark bar of my web browser (you can do that with firefox, chrome, opera, explorer, safari or any other modern web browser)

Doing that, you have Rubble open in the tab of your choice inside the web browser of your choice, remember also to run first the executable rubble32.exe (this one works in 32 bits and 64 bits platforms, that effectively means in all platforms supported by your OS) to start the Rubble local web server.

I find that less disturbing that relying on the script...
It is really hard to support 5 o 6 web browsers in 3 OS having each 2 platforms (32 bits and 64 bits) with a opening script.
Like other modders I am developing a mod that relies in Rubble to compose many DF mods together, I will use this answer in the FAQ of my own mod, That is the reason because it is so detailed, I am personally interested that all people that want to have a try at Rubble dispose of online information able to make their starting steps less steep and abrupt helping their learning curve.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 07:35:36 am by Abadrausar »
::: Humble Dwarf Fortress Publishing System ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫ Mods Push Published in DFFD are auto updated in local Players Catalog :::

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 12:51:08 pm »

You are trying to run Rubble on OSX! Yay! (AFAIK I have no OSX users).

OK, First things first. You need to have the OSX binaries moved to the same directory as the windows binaries (I assume you already did that?).
Next you need to get a working browser script, I assume this is where you ran into trouble. The problem is, I have no idea how OSX works, so I can't really help you much. I think the following may work:

Code: [Select]
start http://127.0.0.1:2120/menu

But I am not 100% sure.

If you get it working tell me how it went so I can update the docs with better OSX info.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Abadrausar

• Bay Watcher
  • empowering ideas
    • View Profile
    • ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 07:54:17 pm »

Now ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫ has a working download for OSX and another for linux, but I can not try it myself the OSX one...
Please report any problem you have!

What I have remarked however is that the file metaconv.exe does not have OSX or Linux version, or at least I do not have found it, This file I am not even sure of what it does ::) :o
Humble Dwarf Fortress Publishing System ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫ related places
1. Changelog
2. Git Repository
3. Rubble forum
Download for:
Windows
Linux
OSX <- click here to download the OSX version

Online Rubble Documentation:
Basics
Easy Modding
Conventions
Base Templates
Lua Scripting
History and Philosophy
License
Changelog
Online Rubble Tutorials:
Common standard library templates
Rubble as a tileset applier
Tileset addons
User templates
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 07:57:49 pm by Abadrausar »