Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Healing the companion  (Read 1520 times)

Urist Sonuvagimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Healing the companion
« on: May 01, 2016, 08:58:17 am »

Playing as a human adventurer, I recruited a dwarf soldier from non-player fort. Following the recruitment, she was given a wooden axe, and we went to the terrifying desert to train.

Now, Ast Iklisber is an axelord and a hearthperson of the adventurer. Unfortunately, she is also quite damaged from all the battles with zombie vultures. Nothing serious, all limbs are fine, however, her ears, nose and almost all of the fingers are broken. The only solution is to visit a dwarven fort medics.

Is it possible to start as her in adventurer mode without dfHack (after retiring current adventurer)?

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
Re: Healing the companion
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 12:03:40 pm »

Is it possible to start as her in adventurer mode without dfHack (after retiring current adventurer)?

I would say no, since all adventurers seem to be either old ones you already created in that universe or brand new created ones that basically didnt exist prior to you started playing.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 02:25:50 pm »

You can just bring them to the fort with you. If you retire there while with a travelling companion, they'll retire as well. They might leave in the two weeks it takes to unretire the fortress though, but that's not too much of a risk.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 05:43:29 pm »

You can just bring them to the fort with you. If you retire there while with a travelling companion, they'll retire as well. They might leave in the two weeks it takes to unretire the fortress though, but that's not too much of a risk.

Yeah,  this is the only way healthcare hasnt been implemented into adventure mode yet.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com