Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 183

Author Topic: Frostfell Wastes IC: The Journey Begins  (Read 89098 times)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
Frostfell Wastes IC: The Journey Begins
« on: May 01, 2016, 06:03:30 pm »

Named the Northern Expanse by the capital city of Esbellern, Frostfell Wastes is the newest Frontier land to be settled by the people of Valkain. To any but the natives, this wasteland is a deadly and dangerous place, home to the Frost Wolves, the lycanthropic monsters that most believe to be myth. The land is cursed by an everlasting Winter, only changing for a special lunar event, The Frost Moon. During this time, Frostfell Wastes transforms from a dangerous wasteland into a land of turmoil and death. While people go missing, the local monsters see a growth in numbers. This event has lead to the involvement of the Church of St. Esbel, which has paid a large number of caravans to settle the wastes, to put a foothold into the land and to help existing towns discover the cause for this ominous event.

You are members of one such caravan heading to the township of Chilvern, the latest of the Church’s footholds, tasked with aiding the village in a sudden wolf problem. Very little is known, other than the attacks that have happened have been random, a sinister chill around hanging around the air of the town, and only a few days until the next Frost Moon occurs. With many blessings and a prayers, as well as some scares along the way, you arrive safely to the outskirts of town.

Link to OOC

Outskirts of town

The night air was cold as the caravan finally arrived, the town just on the horizon. The lights flickering from the nearest homes denote the settling of dusk upon the land. At the head of the caravan rode a young woman, barely in her prime, who carried the banner of the Church of St. Esbel upon the back of the large direbear that accompanied her. From afar, a lone wolf howled at the rising moon, signalling the caravan to stop. Four wagons, each covered in a dull grey canvas roof, lurched to a near halt as man calmed the horses into a light pace, "The cold air feels good tonight. A good end to a long journey." His words were sound relief to the others. The journey had been long and difficult, but not a single monster to fight off, nor any of the local brigands to hassle them for goods. Though there had been a few false alarms, the caravan had but a few more safe miles to go.  The few traders with the caravan began to laugh and celebrate on their wagon, the jovial noise they created seemed to draw a few feint smiles. The man atop his horse strode up to the woman in lead and began reporting his findings, "Ajen has given the all clear on the next few miles, and not a single monster the entire journey. I think we may finally be able to give the horses a breather." His tone, although soft and light-hearted, carries a foreboding tone to it, although the joyous laughter of the merchants was enough to push it to the back of minds. Not giving the caravan leader a moment, the man slowed his pace to fall in between the four wagons, "It's safe travels from here until Chilvern.  Might as well come out and take a gander at the town from here." His words were light, signalling his companions that they can finally remove the wagon covers, if they so chose to.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: Frostfell Wastes IC: The Journey Begins
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 06:06:48 pm »

Browfen takes a long look at the town, removing the cover somewhat, before dismissing it in disdain, he returns to his mental calculations, "a touch more mercury perhaps? a dash of iodine and formaldehyde, and a great deal of alchemical spirits, and maybe."

It seems he is mumbling these things to himself.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 06:07:10 pm »

Shina remains silent as she rides alongside the caravan on her horse. She, at least, removes the scarf from her head, giving her cat ears some air after being pressed against her head for so long.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 06:09:29 pm »

Caderyn bounds out of the wagon, tossing the cover aside in his gusto. He looks around for a moment as he stretches with a few muffled clinking noises - for some reason, he's been wearing his armor this whole time - and then speaks in a boisterous, loud voice. "Ah, so this will be the place to hear of all my future exploits! A bit dreary, but it will work."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 06:12:33 pm »

"Heh. Getting a little excited. We're not even there yet."
Shina muses as she slows down.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 06:14:08 pm »

Taros inspires the cold air of the Frostfell Wastes. He takes a wide look at the place, not saying a word.

"..."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2016, 06:15:12 pm »

Geliebte gently looks at the sky before seeming to get an odd look and a shiver...she clearly does not enjoy the night and she touches the scars on her injured eye before shaking her head and in a commanding yet surprisingly full of concern.
"Everyone is doing well I assume?"
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2016, 06:17:16 pm »

Elidyr observes Caderyn's rather strange choice of action.

"You may want to get back on the wagon, my friend. We are still moving, after all."
Black lives matter.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2016, 06:18:10 pm »

Lillian pokes her head out of the wagon cover, buttoning up her coat some more. "So this is the town... it's so big..."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2016, 06:18:55 pm »

"Ah, but how am I supposed to stretch my legs on the wagon? Can't stand the things, no sense of control. I need to feel the ground under my boots." He's now following alongside the wagon on foot.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2016, 06:19:51 pm »

"Yes. I suppose you love feeling the cold ground under your boots. And seeing the back of a caravan as it leaves you behind."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2016, 06:20:24 pm »

"Well, fair enough."

Then Lillian.

"It is. Though our hometown was bigger, if I recall correctly."
Black lives matter.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2016, 06:21:22 pm »

"Yes. I suppose you love feeling the cold ground under your boots. And seeing the back of a caravan as it leaves you behind."
"Bah. I wouldn't expect you to understand."
GM of Trespassers V2.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2016, 06:22:18 pm »

"Fair enough. Your loss."
Shina shrugs as she puts her scarf back up to keep her head warm.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2016, 06:22:25 pm »

Beorhtric gives the town a quick once over from the wagon before pulling his head back in, his rather fashionable coat and scarf concealing his distaste for the number of the churches lackeys in the area.
"This isn't even that big. You should see a city."
He says inclining his head to look at Lillian.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 183