Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: Theater of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕֍࿃)  (Read 14969 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Theater of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕֍࿃)
« Reply #210 on: July 20, 2016, 10:18:40 pm »

I'm not sure if Stirk would rather I be vague like I have been so he can work with it more easily and not have to keep track of endless things, or is annoyed because he doesn't have as much specific material to work with.

Would you rather one way or the other, Stirk?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 20, 2016, 10:27:52 pm »

I'm not sure if Stirk would rather I be vague like I have been so he can work with it more easily and not have to keep track of endless things, or is annoyed because he doesn't have as much specific material to work with.

I'll piggyback on this, too.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 21, 2016, 04:31:25 pm »

It was clear. And it is not anywhere near enough to make any kind of planet, small or otherwise. Especially an inhabitable one. It is roughly a fourth of what you would expect to pay for a moon-at least a tenth of what you would have to pay for an actual planet.

Ah, I should've price-checked before posting, next time I will. In the meantime, the Desert Moon will have to wait...

Quick Question: If a Deity spends 10 Crux, is it immediately lethal?

$$$ How much would it cost to create a small Elemental cloud-like species made of Salt, with the following traits?

They are 2.5 feet tall and wide, much weaker and clumsier concerning object or tool manipulation than an average Human, have only half the intelligence of an ordinary Human, have no Magical capacity beyond their natural abilities, live for roughly 20 years, and reproduce by splitting into two identical copies of the original Creature after the end of their natural lifespan. They float roughly a foot above the ground, but if they focus, they can move as much as five feet above ground. They move at the speed of a normal Human jogging.

They have the ability to manipulate the sand, dry dirt, and salt within a 20 foot-radius around them, and passively drain and feed off of the moisture in the environment around them, with roughly half a gallon of moisture being consumed to sustain them every day. They can focus their moisture drainage onto a single living creature 10 feet from them, and drain the moisture from it's body, with the downside that it requires near total focus one that living creature to use properly, must defeat the willpower of the living creature before working, and only drains small amounts without extensive training. Being a small cloud of Magical Salt, they are very resistant to mundane weaponry, and can literally suffocate a breathing creature within their body, (damaging themselves in the process) are somewhat resistant to most kinds of magic and elemental attacks, but are extremely vulnerable to wind, or water based attacks, which rip them apart or scald them.

They have an innate nomadic tendency, and most wander constantly in large nomadic tribes, consisting of individuals that move together in a large cloud of up to 500, but more commonly only one or two hundred. They lack empathy for other species, and the ecosystem around them. Sometimes, individuals will travel in small groups of 5-10, and very rarely, one or more will settle down in a moisture filled area and build a tiny 'village' consisting of a handful of extremely crude mud huts. They speak with an extremely complicated language consisting of extremely high-pitched keening noises, that is impossible for many species to hear, let alone decipher.

Lethal: Probably

Salt clouds: Lets say 4E+ for 1k.

mechanics check. if I made a race with an instinctive desire to serve others, or a simi-sapient creature with the instinctive desire to serve others, would they turn out the same as the faithful?

Its unlikely.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Accepted, sorry I missed this.

to be fair the world is kinda big.

also you kind removed reasons for the faithful to be angry. your blessing them might make it easier to convert them though,
I think Stirk removed their anger via the power of retcon. Either that or someone secretly used power to make them angry. Because otherwise this sentence doesn't make sense

The Faithful don't seem to be nearly as angry as they where last tick, with the majority being apologetic and not knowing what came over them. They are, in fact, the final version.

The Faithful where angry on Tick 1. On Tick 2, they are not angry. No retcon was involved.

This game is supposed to be a creation game, and you all are the players. As such, it is better for you to do more of the detail, with Stirk just filling in the gaps and saying what is going on.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 21, 2016, 05:05:29 pm »

Okay. Have my previous turns been detailed enough, at least, or no?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 21, 2016, 06:10:24 pm »

Stirk, how much would it cost to create a global event that repeats itself for one night every decade?

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 21, 2016, 09:12:02 pm »

Stirk, how much would it cost to create a global event that repeats itself for one night every decade?
+1

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 21, 2016, 09:16:31 pm »

If you want Stirk to notice a price check, it is often a good idea to start the message with "$$$", so he sees it and knows what it's about.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 22, 2016, 08:26:07 am »

$$$
Like so. Price check on The Gatekeeper:

Somewhat divine organism.
A giant floating eyeball with long-ranged teleportation that it can use on itself and other beings, and the ability to fire energy bolts.
It can sense the desire to test one's self.
It also has an "alarm system" that will go off if it engages in combat with another god.
It is sentient, but is bound to the Chorus' wishes.
Its primary purpose is to seek out mortals that wish to undergo an adventure/difficult trial/quest/whatnot and teleport them to the Tower.
Its secondary purpose is to defend the Tower from those who would seek to do it harm.

And a question: does creating "divine organisms" require Crux to give them their life force?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]