Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: question about taverns and entities  (Read 1053 times)

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
question about taverns and entities
« on: May 02, 2016, 01:41:57 am »

Hi all,
i have some questions about modding entities and the new tavern/citizenship mechanics: (i plan adding a bunch of animalmen but just to clarify what it migth consider viable and whatnot)
> Does a civilisation need to be in peace with you to get applications from other civ members (goblins and kobolds, do they applie in fortresses)?
> Are there any thag that works out badly on fortress mode (i guess aquatic should be bad, but what about egg laying in earlyer versions it was kind-a bad, as well as flying too)
> are there any entitie tag that is needed for applicants ? (i've seen mercenery and scolar tags are those for this or just for worldgen)
Thank for all replies,
Mohreb
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: question about taverns and entities
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 02:18:27 am »

flying is much worse than it used to be, do not have flying playable races, they get stuck in trees very easily

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 11:54:52 am »

Ok so no flying or egg laying or aquatic civs for yet (i lurked around to find some infos about the other two),
any info about the tavern part? will only non hostil civ members show up as visitors or anyone could as long as civilized?
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 12:00:01 pm »

I think that if there are goblins assimilated into friendly cultures they can show up, but yeah, i'm pretty sure any armies (which all travelers are counted under) of individuals affiliated with hostile nations show up at your fort that'd be counted as a siege.

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 12:07:41 pm »

I've had several goblins show up as visitors and apply for residence.  As far as I know, a bard is not considered part of any civ, they just wander.  I'm not sure about scholars or mercenaries.  I see a lot of baron consort mercenaries. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 06:32:22 pm »

I see a lot of baron consort mercenaries.
You're correct on the other counts, but that just means the merc's spouse is a noble. Though usually mercs are affiliated with other entities.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 12:50:46 am »

do you think that the variation for animal people can be changed to take away flying, aquatic (change to amphibian?), grazer or egg laying  away? so all animal person can be played in forest mode?
then we will "only" need 149 (that is how much i counted to be present in the raws :D) entitie definition so animal people can be represented as civilised folks :D
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 01:00:10 am by Mohreb el Yasim »
Mohreb el Yasim

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 07:08:18 pm »

You'll have to manually make each aquatic creature amphibious, but everything else can be done. Also, I'm pretty sure egg laying civilized creatures work if you make sure your food stockpile doesn't take [your creature] eggs.

Check out Blood for Armok in my sig, it has an animal person civ.

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2016, 10:17:38 pm »

You'll have to manually make each aquatic creature amphibious, but everything else can be done.

Actually, if you're using animal people, it would be easier to edit the creature variation to change aquatic to amphibious.  Look in c_variation_default. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2016, 02:39:22 pm »

You can do that? I thought you could only take away or add tags, not change them.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2016, 04:28:16 pm »

Changing a tag is exactly the same thing as adding one and removing another.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2016, 06:21:55 pm »

Huh, you can. You learn something new every day. Also, I can't believe I never noticed that.