Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [MODDING RESOURCE ] Extracted Procedual Raws - Couple thousand files  (Read 3678 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Hey everyone,

thought it would be interesting to see whats Toady put under the hood in the newest version, so I used one of Quietust perl scripts to extract the world.dat.

Here are 150 titans, 150 demons, 150 werebeasts, around 450 nightcreatures, 1000 forgotten beasts, couple of vault guardian entities with creatures, items and materials, an example for vanilla DF necromancers, curses, secrets and disturbances, 230-ish instruments with all parts and reactions, 150 evil rains, 150 evil clouds...

I hope they will be useful for experienced and aspiring modders alike. :)

Edit: Just wanted to add one info: The 450 nightcreatures are as follows: 1-150 are horros (nights hags, brutes, etc), 151-300 are bogeymen and 301-450 are werebeasts.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 12:40:15 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

These are indeed going to be very useful.  Going to be much easier than loading the world.sav manually in a text file and parsing the lack of formatting by eye for examples.

Thanks Meph!
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

There was a script floating around that does the parsing part for you, but I only once figured out how to actually use it when someone posted instructions, and then promptly forgot. Such is the nature of scripts without "how to use for morons like eric" instruction manuals.

I've been aching to get ahold of a few dozen of these raws, though. This is a great resource!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile

This is very useful.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Nice. Good to see that other people have a use for this. :)

I will now go and make custom invaders races using the titans, demons, nightcreatures and werebeasts.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks Meph (and Quietust)!
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

123nick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

so this is some of the under-the-hood raws? the stuff that isnt usually as accessible as other raws? has the world.dat ever been extracted before? will this allow untolds amount of new modding potential? what are the possibilities?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, my outdated Blood for Armok mod has actual demons as a civ, so that's one potential.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

so this is some of the under-the-hood raws? the stuff that isnt usually as accessible as other raws? has the world.dat ever been extracted before? will this allow untolds amount of new modding potential? what are the possibilities?
Yes, these are the under-the-hood raws.
Yes, the stuff not usually accessible.
Yes, the world.dat has been extracted before, for many years. I just havent seen it done for 42.06.
Kinda. It gives a good look at vault guardians, instruments, divine metals and the like.
Possibilities: I will use these as basis to write some new invaders. Instead of a single werebeast, you get an army. Instead of nightcreatures being mentioned in Legends, but never appear in Fort Mode, they will bring armies. Instead of a single, lost titan, they bring an army. Instead of a vault in Adv mode, guardians with divine metal besiege your fort with armies.

In short: Lots of armies. Of really unfriendly creatures.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

This also gives us a better sample size for forgotten beast syndromes.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [MODDING RESOURCE ] Extracted Procedual Raws - Couple thousand files
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2016, 01:00:12 pm »

I'm just going through the raws, looking for interesting bit.

There is a wereass. Just, so that you have been warned.

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2016, 02:30:06 pm »

Hrm, would like to see more of the vault guardian creatures, I have been experimenting with different spheres to try to find all of the different flavortext, while most generated by the vanilla game are of darker spheres, if you make it so that more 'good' gods exist you get angels with gods of those good spheres.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2016, 02:49:06 pm »

Considering that Toady is working on world-myths, I would assume that anything learned now about the vault guardians would be a waste, since they probably get replaced next DF version.

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2016, 03:52:52 pm »

Considering that Toady is working on world-myths, I would assume that anything learned now about the vault guardians would be a waste, since they probably get replaced next DF version.

Thats probably true, but still a few months before we see anything right?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2016, 04:07:15 pm »

If you guys want a document with every single divine material name, color, and sphere, just ask.
Pages: [1] 2