Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Things that made you EXCITED today  (Read 15134 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Things that made you EXCITED today
« on: May 02, 2016, 06:01:18 am »

Things that made you excited today
(Also known as the Hype thread)

Sorry but I am far too excited right now to not create this thread. Please, use it to babble excitedly about whatever's got you hyped, feed the flames of other people's excitement, and perhaps have some actual, rational discussion about the things people bring up. Also, feel free to point out however many excitement threads I may have missed.

Oh and even if you find something quite the opposite of exciting, don't go shooting it down if someone else is really keen for it.
If you really need to state your lack of interest in a discussion, fine, just don't be mean.

Anyway, to kick things off, there is now not one but two things I am quietly buzzing away with excitement for.

First, in three days it is the 5th of May, and to celebrate some unlikely military victory in the 1800s one of my favourite chains of Mexican restaurants is having a pretty excellent special- $5 burritos and $5 coronas! I have been getting amped for this for quite some time; I have $30 set aside (for the trip into the city to the most convenient store as well as for burritos+beer) and plan on having a serious feast.

No doubt I'll be suffering afterwards due to my habit of asking for added habanero sauce, but on the day it's going to be the most insanely delicious thing ever.
Not sure how many burritos I can eat in one day, but I plan on finding out.

Next up, we have Battlefield 5. Now my friend+housemate and I both still regularly play BF4, despite its many, irritating faults, but I wasn't terribly excited for another entry in what has become a terribly bland, repetitive series and was never one of my favourites in the first place.
But, after another housemate mentioned that he heard the next game would be set back in WW2, I perked up a little. WW2 games have fallen out of fashion lately, which is sad since it's a far more interesting setting than modern/near future rubbish.
After a bit of Googling, however, I discovered a "report" that Battlefield 5 will be set in not the second but the First World War.

I nearly shat my pants with excitement at that moment. A World War One first-person shooter would be the height of fantastic amazeballs.
I can't recall ever playing a shooter set in WW1, despite always imagining how cool that would be. If this is true I will be over the moon!
Even if the devs fuck it up terribly with their AAA stupidity (as they doubtless will) the setting is unused enough that it'll be fascinating anyway.
And if they pull it off well, it will be amazing.

Anyway! That's enough gushing from me! I'm going to go back to daydreaming about burritos and hopefully reading what y'all are excited about, if this takes off.
GET HYPE!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you EXCITED today
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 12:51:11 pm »

The third installment of Uwe Boll's Rampage series is coming out on July the 25th. I am very pleased.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 01:41:31 pm »

Overwatch early access begins today.  :)  I'm taking tuesday, wednesday and thursday off so I can play lots. 
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 04:04:23 pm »

The third installment of Uwe Boll's Rampage series is coming out on July the 25th. I am very pleased.
I think I vaguely remember seeing a trailer for one of those films, once. Can't remember the details... lots of explosions and guns and stuff?

Overwatch early access begins today.  :)  I'm taking tuesday, wednesday and thursday off so I can play lots. 
Enjoy! I don't think the game's my cup of tea, but hopefully yours is brewed to perfection.

Well, today's the big day. I barely slept due to being too excited.
For hours I just lay there, fantasizing, imagining the experience of eating burritos in great detail. Oh boy it's happening! :D
The stores don't open until 10AM, so I have plenty of time to shave, have a shower and generally get ready. That also gives the weather time to warm up a bit. Now if only I had milk for a hot beverage to really start my day off perfectly... oh well.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2016, 12:07:37 am »

About to have my first shower in about a week! :D
In my defence, I had run out of clean clothes for most of that time, and also it has been quite cold lately and I don't like taking showers when it's cold... also I've been waking up in the evening a lot lately, and so it was kinda too late to shower.

But still! Shower! And I bought new shampoo and conditioner, too! Wheeee!
Booze is Life for Yoink

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2016, 07:20:12 am »

I think this thread needs more attention.

Well, today, I got my first Hetalia figures! Even though I'm kind of out of it, I still really like these.

They look so pretty! They look as pretty as amiibo.
Rubidium has RETURNED!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2016, 09:34:23 am »

Free Taco Day today! Apparently it's the last one... I plan on making up for missing out on any actual tacos last time!
About to get some sleep, it's 12:33 AM and the pub (where Free Taco Day is happening) opens at 10 AM.
Hopefully all the friends who have said they're coming will actually do so.

@Rubidium: I can't say the art style appeals to me, but acquiring stuff is always quite enjoyable!
Booze is Life for Yoink

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2016, 07:33:00 am »

That feeling when you start reading a good book and are just beginning to realise how good it is.
I feel like I've just made a good new friend and can't wait to spend more time with them - except in this case I don't have to wait for our paths to cross or our schedules to align, I can just pick up the book and jump right back in. Unfortunately, this will probably lead to me getting little sleep and being unpleasantly tired tomorrow, but oh well. It's been too long since I've deprived myself of sleep in the company of a book and not a computer.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2016, 08:56:06 am »

Huh. Excitement. A novel concept.
I'll be watching.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2016, 06:11:36 pm »

Well... judging by the amount of activity this thread gets, I'd say a lot of people around here have a similar view of excitement. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

Zenny the Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Not a fork
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2016, 06:59:50 pm »

I don't want to sound like a shameless self-advertiser but I got really excited that I managed to compose something that wasn't as dark as my usual stuff.

A link towards the mentioned song snippet
https://soundcloud.com/zennofska/high-noon-slightly-better-snippet

I am also really looking forward to the release of Hearts of Iron 4 today/tomorrow.
In one fort, I modded minotaurs to be tamable and made one of them mayor by chaining him in the dining hall.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2016, 03:40:10 pm »

I don't want to sound like a shameless self-advertiser but I got really excited that I managed to compose something that wasn't as dark as my usual stuff.

A link towards the mentioned song snippet
https://soundcloud.com/zennofska/high-noon-slightly-better-snippet
I have no idea what genre this might be, but I'll be sure to give it a listen when I am reunited with my computer, Mr. Spoon!

My own EXCITEMENT: tomorrow night I fly back to Melbourne!
Then I can be miserable in the comfort(?) of my own (cold and draughty) home! Hooray! :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2016, 04:02:32 am »

About to finally watch Human Centipede 2! :D
Then my friends and I can move on to watching the blu-ray copy of number 3 that we found on the side of the road. Exciting stuff!
Booze is Life for Yoink

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2016, 04:07:05 am »

About to finally watch Human Centipede 2! :D
Then my friends and I can move on to watching the blu-ray copy of number 3 that we found on the side of the road. Exciting stuff!
Now I'm imagining someone watching it in the car without realising what is was, and then throwing the disk out the window in disgust
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2016, 10:02:12 am »

PTW.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9