Finally... > General Discussion

Things that made you EXCITED today

(1/27) > >>

Yoink:
Things that made you excited today
(Also known as the Hype thread)

Sorry but I am far too excited right now to not create this thread. Please, use it to babble excitedly about whatever's got you hyped, feed the flames of other people's excitement, and perhaps have some actual, rational discussion about the things people bring up. Also, feel free to point out however many excitement threads I may have missed.

Oh and even if you find something quite the opposite of exciting, don't go shooting it down if someone else is really keen for it.
If you really need to state your lack of interest in a discussion, fine, just don't be mean.

Anyway, to kick things off, there is now not one but two things I am quietly buzzing away with excitement for.

First, in three days it is the 5th of May, and to celebrate some unlikely military victory in the 1800s one of my favourite chains of Mexican restaurants is having a pretty excellent special- $5 burritos and $5 coronas! I have been getting amped for this for quite some time; I have $30 set aside (for the trip into the city to the most convenient store as well as for burritos+beer) and plan on having a serious feast.

No doubt I'll be suffering afterwards due to my habit of asking for added habanero sauce, but on the day it's going to be the most insanely delicious thing ever.
Not sure how many burritos I can eat in one day, but I plan on finding out.

Next up, we have Battlefield 5. Now my friend+housemate and I both still regularly play BF4, despite its many, irritating faults, but I wasn't terribly excited for another entry in what has become a terribly bland, repetitive series and was never one of my favourites in the first place.
But, after another housemate mentioned that he heard the next game would be set back in WW2, I perked up a little. WW2 games have fallen out of fashion lately, which is sad since it's a far more interesting setting than modern/near future rubbish.
After a bit of Googling, however, I discovered a "report" that Battlefield 5 will be set in not the second but the First World War.

I nearly shat my pants with excitement at that moment. A World War One first-person shooter would be the height of fantastic amazeballs.
I can't recall ever playing a shooter set in WW1, despite always imagining how cool that would be. If this is true I will be over the moon!
Even if the devs fuck it up terribly with their AAA stupidity (as they doubtless will) the setting is unused enough that it'll be fascinating anyway.
And if they pull it off well, it will be amazing.

Anyway! That's enough gushing from me! I'm going to go back to daydreaming about burritos and hopefully reading what y'all are excited about, if this takes off.
GET HYPE!

George_Chickens:
The third installment of Uwe Boll's Rampage series is coming out on July the 25th. I am very pleased.

Levi:
Overwatch early access begins today.  :)  I'm taking tuesday, wednesday and thursday off so I can play lots. 

Yoink:

--- Quote from: George_Chickens on May 02, 2016, 12:51:11 pm ---The third installment of Uwe Boll's Rampage series is coming out on July the 25th. I am very pleased.

--- End quote ---
I think I vaguely remember seeing a trailer for one of those films, once. Can't remember the details... lots of explosions and guns and stuff?

--- Quote from: Levi on May 02, 2016, 01:41:31 pm ---Overwatch early access begins today.  :)  I'm taking tuesday, wednesday and thursday off so I can play lots. 

--- End quote ---
Enjoy! I don't think the game's my cup of tea, but hopefully yours is brewed to perfection.

Well, today's the big day. I barely slept due to being too excited.
For hours I just lay there, fantasizing, imagining the experience of eating burritos in great detail. Oh boy it's happening! :D
The stores don't open until 10AM, so I have plenty of time to shave, have a shower and generally get ready. That also gives the weather time to warm up a bit. Now if only I had milk for a hot beverage to really start my day off perfectly... oh well.

Yoink:
About to have my first shower in about a week! :D
In my defence, I had run out of clean clothes for most of that time, and also it has been quite cold lately and I don't like taking showers when it's cold... also I've been waking up in the evening a lot lately, and so it was kinda too late to shower.

But still! Shower! And I bought new shampoo and conditioner, too! Wheeee!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version