Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Things that made you EXCITED today  (Read 15133 times)

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
Re: Things that made you EXCITED today
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2016, 10:49:20 am »

PoshquinfishTW.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2016, 09:13:27 am »

About to finally watch Human Centipede 2! :D
Then my friends and I can move on to watching the blu-ray copy of number 3 that we found on the side of the road. Exciting stuff!
Now I'm imagining someone watching it in the car without realising what is was, and then throwing the disk out the window in disgust
That was more-or-less what I imagined, as well. Makes for an entertaining mental image!

The film was great for the most part, by the way. And I mean actually good and legitimately creepy, unlike the first which was kinda dumb but still amusing anyway.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2016, 04:40:28 pm »

About to finally watch Human Centipede 2! :D
Then my friends and I can move on to watching the blu-ray copy of number 3 that we found on the side of the road. Exciting stuff!
Now I'm imagining someone watching it in the car without realising what is was, and then throwing the disk out the window in disgust
That was more-or-less what I imagined, as well. Makes for an entertaining mental image!

The film was great for the most part, by the way. And I mean actually good and legitimately creepy, unlike the first which was kinda dumb but still amusing anyway.
I thought the 2nd was absolutely stupid, whilst the first was legitimately creepy and disgusting in a cheap, but poignant enough way (particularly the German doctor's slideshow and the Japanese man's soliloquy at the end). Good legitimate creepy though, I dunno why but 80s horror or close to it seems to be really, freaking spooky, genuinely scary stuff (that can keep you up at night)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2016, 06:11:49 am »

Well, tomorrow I'm going to be moving. New place, different state, and hopefully a better state of mind.
The setup isn't quite ideal, but honestly, at this point I think it's as ideal a situation as I can hope for without being, well, someone other than me. :-\

Looks like I'm going to have to get some sleep and buy some energy drinks for the long, long trip tomorrow.
Don't worry, I'm not doing any of the driving (I can't), otherwise I would have ensured I was well-rested for the drive.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2016, 05:42:54 pm »

My new modem arrived yesterday at my new place.
Apparently internet should all be set to go once I set it up correctly... this is quite exciting. I've spent a lot of time sitting around outside the library with my laptop lately, not to mention trying to browse the internet on a series of horribly unsuited phones.

Now, let's just hope it all works fine and there aren't too many complications.
I really hope the phone connection in my room works, since the only other one I'm aware of in the house is in my housemates' bedroom...
Booze is Life for Yoink

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2016, 05:48:59 pm »

My new modem arrived yesterday at my new place.
Apparently internet should all be set to go once I set it up correctly... this is quite exciting. I've spent a lot of time sitting around outside the library with my laptop lately, not to mention trying to browse the internet on a series of horribly unsuited phones.

Now, let's just hope it all works fine and there aren't too many complications.
I really hope the phone connection in my room works, since the only other one I'm aware of in the house is in my housemates' bedroom...
Woo!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2016, 07:40:25 pm »

Phone modem? Or just phone for calls? Is VOIP an option?

Also got excited earlier because I noticed our porch spider, Val, had set up a new web in a bad spot over the spigot.

It's exciting because I like handling her but can't justify stressing her out for nothing, but moving her back to a better spot after letting the missus take some pictures of her? I can justify that!
Spoiler: Isn't she pretty? (click to show/hide)
The trick is using a very large rake to scoop the whole web up with her on top so I can set it down and prod her over onto my hand. Got her set back up on the original spot so she should set up shop back there tonight I hope. She's a big help with the jerkass bug population.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2016, 12:20:24 am »

Wow, that is one fancy spider! Very nice! :)
Interesting web-removal method, too. Did she settle back in?

And my internet is due to go on tomorrow. Hopefully it all works right away... oh man, it's exciting.
Booze is Life for Yoink

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2016, 12:21:31 am »

Congratulations!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2016, 12:48:59 am »

Wow, that is one fancy spider! Very nice! :)
Interesting web-removal method, too. Did she settle back in?

Oh, didn't see a reply pop up, yeah, she was great until she moved right in front of the door yesterday, just repeated the method, which I highly recommend: large rake lets you stand as far away as you need to feel comfortable, snag the web so it stays suspended across the tines, and then pull it off the supports and set the rake down to handle her (as I like to do) or simply place the rake near somewhere more suitable.

They're great little pest control bros but having one try to set up right in a high traffic area is a definite problem.

And my internet is due to go on tomorrow. Hopefully it all works right away... oh man, it's exciting.
Ah good, I don't know how to live without 80 Mbps down anymore, Comcast sucks so many ways, but at least they got us hooked into some nice pipes.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2016, 02:37:20 am »

HALLELUJAH! 
Internet is on! :D
In my pessimism I had pretty much entirely convinced myself that it was never going to work, that I'd ordered it to the wrong address or something, that I might as well give up. But I didn't, because well, internet. Pressing buttons on the modem was apparently all that was needed to get it working after a fruitless half-hour or so.

Now, to make up for lost time... Apologies in advance if all my posts become incredibly rambly now that I'm not browsing via phone.
Booze is Life for Yoink

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2016, 02:42:54 am »

Is that the same type of spider they use to harvest silk from? (Golden Orb Spider?)

http://www.wired.com/2009/09/spider-silk/
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 02:44:39 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2016, 03:22:28 am »

No, though golden orbs are big pretty girls too, the black and yellow or writing spiders do the zig-zags in their webs, I got a better shot of her here somewhere.

Here we go.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Both are very docile and surprisingly handleable for wild spiders, just gotta let them get over initial "oh shit predator!" reactions and they calm down and just start walking your hands.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2016, 03:28:00 am »

A lot of animals are like that in my experience. I can handle wasps as long as I don't make sudden movements or threaten them. I wouldn't suggest snatching a animal from its perch, for its, your, and my sake.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2016, 03:37:33 am »

Heh, makes me wonder what the evolutionary purpose of that awesome zigzag strip in the web is. It's purposedly making it's web visible. Is it trying to mimic a tree branch with it, luring it's prey to land on it? Fascinating.
I usually have a bunch of tunnel web spiders in my backyard, although this year does not seem to be a good year for them.

There's also a few of those buggers keeping my house mosquito free. They're shy though, I rarely see them.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_house_spider
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9