Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Things that made you EXCITED today  (Read 15137 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you EXCITED today
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2016, 12:37:03 pm »

Nice, we have a big southern house spider species here and they're gorgeous, but I haven't seen one yet, and yeah, they are really clever weavers.

Right now I'm wondering if Val set up a gutter, actually. She's got her web linked from the top/front of the columns to the lower/rear of them, which is neat, but right in front is a non-structural element that runs from three points on the awning and straight down in front of her to a nearby bush, and the only purpose I can think of is to lead rainwater away from her. It rained yesterday and today so it makes sense if that is what is going on, but then you have to think about the implications: did she deliberately invent the gutter?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2016, 05:47:38 pm »

Guys, guys, guys! Death Road To Canada came out while I was without internet!
Finally! :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2016, 09:07:05 pm »

What is Death Road To Canada? Like Escape From New York except Kurt is wearing a flannel shirt and rather than shooting people he asks them politely to stop fighting outside the hockey rink?

Also got a picture of Val and her gutter:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The bit of web heading down to the bottom right is non-structural and just seems there to keep stray raindrops from ending up hitting her/lead runoff down to a bush in front of her web.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2016, 09:02:11 am »

Figured I'd update you folks, I've been observing her webs while we've had a rainy stretch this past week, and I distinctly remember that Skarlett, our porch spider last year, did not make these and we had a very dry summer.

Consistently though, since it's been raining, each day when she takes her web down and rebuilds it, she's been integrating this structure out in front.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The little bit of bush down at the bottom left is what she links it to, and it's been consistent that she's putting these up while it rains, so spiders build gutters I guess?

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2016, 09:09:00 am »

We got some much needed rain around where I live today! I've been hearing a lot of sensationalist news about the flooding, but I'm just happy we're getting the rain when it's been such a dry summer.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2016, 07:25:48 pm »

What is Death Road To Canada? Like Escape From New York except Kurt is wearing a flannel shirt and rather than shooting people he asks them politely to stop fighting outside the hockey rink?

Hahaha, not quite, but I think I would play the heck out of such a game.
It's cute, zombie survival beat-'em-up in the vein of Organ Trail. Good fun, especially with custom characters!

As for the web-gutter... I don't think I've heard of such a thing, but that's fascinating. How effective does it seem to be?
Booze is Life for Yoink

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2016, 07:46:56 pm »

I'm gonna go with the headcanon of Kurt Russel in a flannel shirt, and yeah it seems to keep stray moisture off her web nicely.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2016, 11:46:55 pm »

Do you mind if I OOC this?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2016, 12:35:27 am »

So I rarely take pictures of myself (ie Selfie is whatnow?) and its been forever since I ever did! (in the span of months). A good friend (we became friends recently and it's so awesome talking to her) told me that I'd look better smiling.

...I've never taken a picture of myself smiling because reasons and decided 'eh why not' (in a less ":I" tone) because somehow I feel comfy with that friend.
And then when I did, she said I looked 1000% more cute.

Also all the encouragement she gave out of the blue without even knowing those things was soooo ♥. Yay encouragement \o/
E: And then other friends learned about it and then pics were shown and then I'm apparently looking nice when I smile o_o
I am new to these sensations. So this is what non-anxiety feels like.
* Tiruin punches her anxiety with understanding.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 01:09:34 am by Tiruin »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2016, 01:16:49 am »

Smile more often Tiruin!

Drink coffee more often Tiruin!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2016, 01:23:36 am »

@Tiruin: :)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2016, 01:27:10 am »

So I rarely take pictures of myself (ie Selfie is whatnow?) and its been forever since I ever did! (in the span of months). A good friend (we became friends recently and it's so awesome talking to her) told me that I'd look better smiling.

...I've never taken a picture of myself smiling because reasons and decided 'eh why not' (in a less ":I" tone) because somehow I feel comfy with that friend.
And then when I did, she said I looked 1000% more cute.

Also all the encouragement she gave out of the blue without even knowing those things was soooo ♥. Yay encouragement \o/
E: And then other friends learned about it and then pics were shown and then I'm apparently looking nice when I smile o_o
I am new to these sensations. So this is what non-anxiety feels like.
* Tiruin punches her anxiety with understanding.
:)

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2016, 01:28:42 am »

Heyyy, I just made that joke :v
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2016, 01:32:16 am »

Sorry, I originally wrote congratulations, but I didn't know how that would be interpreted.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2016, 03:27:15 am »

Next month looks to be a very, very good month for gigs.
Just bought tickets to what is sure to be a crazy show at my favourite bar, and I'm about to buy a ticket to a show at the same venue a few days earlier. Both shows involve at least one of my favourite bands... the supports for the first show could be better (seriously I'm jealous of other states who get some of my favourite Australian bands whilst we get stuck with garbage beard-rock) but the headliners (not to mention the venue) are great enough that it doesn't matter.

Who knows, I might even round out the month with a trip down to Melbourne to visit my former housemates for their Halloween party if they end up having one. Not sure how likely that really is, though. We'll see...
Hmm, maybe I could even get all my stuff moved out of this place before then. Whoah.    
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9