Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Things that made you EXCITED today  (Read 15144 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you EXCITED today
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2016, 05:53:42 am »

This is only a double-post so it's okay. Okay?

Tomorrow should be pretty awesome, we're having a party here and it is shaping up to be pretty insane.
Feel free to come along! :)

Also, two days ago a local touring company announced one of the most amazing tours ever. Windhand and Cough.
There had been rumours that they were planning on bringing Cough over for a while, ever since a Cough album was shared on the company's Facebook page, but Windhand... well, the bands share a member, and the other day I actually remember thinking to myself, "Man, Cough should bring Windhand over with them, to save on airfares, that'd be awesome" but I didn't expect it to actually happen, haha.

Such great news. That will be a spectacular show. Unfortunately the venue they're playing at in this state isn't one of my favourites... can't really remember it but by all accounts it is soundly mediocre. Once again I am tempted to make the trip two states north to see this tour at my favourite bar. :-\
But still, these bands would be awesome in any venue. I can't wait.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2016, 08:31:21 am »

My brain is fried, and the next hour or two is not gonna be fun.

But boy after that I'm going to be so happy. I'm finally done with my work! On time! And it's fucking snowing to boot, that's just icing on my cake here.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2017, 09:39:36 pm »

Today is my friend/sometime housemate's 23rd birthday (he's caught up to me, briefly) and it should be off the hook.
He's having a joint party with his cousin who had her 21st birthday a few days ago, and basically the entirety of both their circles of friends are going to converge on our awesome backyard for some ultimate party times. Most of us have pitched in to help set things up... I had that moment last night, standing outside surveying all our progress in getting everything ready, when the excitement suddenly kicked in.

Seems to always happen shortly before a party. Whatever bad mood I'm usually in will just get smacked upside the head by PARTY TIMES and I'll be giddy with excitement. This should be super fun. We have at least two people set to DJ, plenty of beer (and more to come), an outside fridge and several ice buckets for drinks to be stored in, speakers aplenty, heaps of seating around the backyard and, of course, plenty of room in which to boogie down.

Lemme know if you want to come and I'll send you the address, Bay12. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2017, 09:11:25 am »

So, I've noticed a new entry in the Maniaplanet 4.0 update blog that was focused on Trackmania. One element in particular is making me considering a come-back to the game:
Also, from Maniaplanet 4, Trackmania² titles will come with the solo campaign in “always official” mode. Thus, each try will allow you to progress in the ladder.
Seriously, hunting for times in the official leaderboards was really fun in the older games, but TM² changed it to a "one attempt every 5 minutes" system which made it extremely time-consuming to get a correct time on any track. I'm just so glad to see they're removing it, especially now that they're changing the solo campaign to a season-based one.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2017, 09:36:15 pm »

Snow!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2017, 09:32:24 pm »

I just created a "DRUNK FORTRESS" folder on my desktop and installed a copy of DF into it!
Who knows if I will end up playing Drunk Fortress today, but I am prepared! :D   
Booze is Life for Yoink

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2017, 09:36:23 pm »

Oh boy.

Happy birthday?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2017, 01:38:30 pm »

Music

made me excited yesterday..

Music

made me excited today..

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2017, 03:42:27 am »

Reading Rimworld's update notes made me EXCITED today. Haven't played the most recent version at all. Maybe not a couple of "most recent" versions, actually.

If I remember correctly there were a few un-fun balance changes that I remember reading about a while back which kind of disappointed me, but the huge and exciting changes (that it turns out I only knew a small part of) far outweigh those. I'm pretty keen to get back into the game. I think I'll go back a version and play out the sad tale of my old colony, though. Can't even remember quite what was going on there, to be honest only a few of the characters are still kickin' around in my memory.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2017, 08:58:30 am »

In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2017, 01:01:02 am »

I have internet! At my new house! Wheeee!
Booze is Life for Yoink

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2017, 08:35:59 pm »

Merchant's new EP is apparently coming out tomorrow!
It's probably a bit far from payday for me to be buying a physical copy right off the bat, but it's exciting nonetheless.   

Also I'm finally going to see Wounded Pig live later. Oh, and I might be buying a sweeeet tape deck. :)   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2018, 02:27:10 am »

Finally got around to ordering a new, high-quality pair of headphones, something I have craved for I don't know how long.
Apparently it should be delivered on Monday! I should be home by then. In fact, I'll probably come home from an abysmal day at work to them waiting for me, ready for me to immerse myself in a serene oasis of music and wash away the horrors of life. And then never take them off, probably.

Sorry for necro'ing this thread so narcissistically, but for now this news only makes me Excited, not yet Happy.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2018, 02:28:10 am »

Read exciting news about Switch hackability today.  Gonna purchase one later.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2018, 02:33:24 am »

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9