Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Next race...

Goblins, evil kidnappers...
Necromancers, uber-evil mages...
Skaven, underground-living ratmen with clans...
Insect hive, zerg/tyranid-style...
Naga, water-based magic snakemen...

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27

Author Topic: Future of the mod - Progress & Suggestions - race poll  (Read 74083 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Future of the mod - Progress & Suggestions - NEW POLL! SNEAK-PREVIEWS
« Reply #315 on: July 14, 2016, 07:04:36 am »

Meph, could you please make mod launcher for Linux? Or maybe make some kind of text file with settings to launch Masterwork on Linux?
no, I cant.

Question, are several of the Megabeast Hermits still borked in how they work? I recall that the Ettin was not working and at least one or two others were kinda borked.
If I knew which, I could say more ^^

Cannot add new professions or skills.

I don't know how modding works with DF, but can you reassign skills?  Say mining because kobolds don't mine and is unused.

Do individual races have differing skill trees?

Obvious issue then is if mining is enabled, daggers might become OP for a few kobolds.
nope
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 14, 2016, 01:20:16 pm »

Alright, after some quick play, so far I have found that the Ogre, Giant, and Ettin are somewhat bugged, They will Mine with the copper, but not chop wood with the fungi training axe I gave them, and they will not construct buildings from my test

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 14, 2016, 01:35:45 pm »

Alright, after some quick play, so far I have found that the Ogre, Giant, and Ettin are somewhat bugged, They will Mine with the copper, but not chop wood with the fungi training axe I gave them, and they will not construct buildings from my test
Wooden training axes no longer cut down trees for anyone.  Though you might expect a giant to bludgeon a tree down with a training axe.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 14, 2016, 02:35:16 pm »

Wooden training axes no longer cut down trees for anyone.  Though you might expect a giant to bludgeon a tree down with a training axe.

Oh that was changed? Okay, then that at least reduces one problem. But yeah, I tried again, and Ettin certainly is not listening to any jobs I try and give to it.

Ahhh, I think what screws it up most, is if you try and assign any job to your hermit BEFORE it's designated as a Hermit. If you try and give it any sort of jobs while it is still designated as an Ettin and not a Hermit, it messes up something.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 02:39:27 pm by chaosfiend »

Blazebase

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 14, 2016, 02:51:48 pm »

Hey Meph - are you going to add back the extra ranged weaponry? You know - the Spear/Axe/Bola/Hammer throwers? I found those to be quite useful in the hands of my dwarves who were able to handle a full stack of steel throwing spears (Which was like 87 lbs. or something like that) or I'd just place a bunch of them inside of my weapon traps to turn enemies into pincushions (I also found it quite funny how if you put heavy metal throwing spears inside those traps and the victim still lives - they will have roughly 20 - 30 pounds worth of spears jutting out of them slowing them down quite a bit.)

I do think that they need their values and weight reworked though - I do remember distinctly that I would mass manufacture rose gold bolas that weighted like 137 pounds and sold for like 8000 base for just one bar. So yea.

And congrats on keeping the Masterwork Mod alive and well for as long as you have man - been playing since 34.11 and haven't stopped since.
Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure.  ~Author Unknown

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Future of the mod - Progress & Suggestions - Kobold update poll
« Reply #320 on: July 17, 2016, 01:55:12 pm »

Blazebase: Bola throwers and slings are back for kobolds, the others I dont think I'll add. The values I cant dictate, they are calculated from the size... so a stronger weapon will automatically be worth a lot.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Devast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 24, 2016, 12:36:38 am »

I apologize if this has been asked before but when do you look to update MW to a new version of DF?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #322 on: July 24, 2016, 07:13:39 am »

as soon as the utilities are updated.

Urist Reborn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 05, 2016, 07:35:08 pm »

My ultimate answer for your poll is that whatever works best for you will ultimately work best for the mod, but I cast my vote for short unfinished updates, because I think if that works out it could help keep the community interested.

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the mod - Progress & Suggestions - Mod dev poll
« Reply #324 on: August 05, 2016, 10:20:05 pm »

Overall I think I prefer to get a large update all at once, rather than several small updates. Unless its a small bugfix update or something, I'm more than happy waiting three weeks between major releases. Gives me plenty of time to play that release without worrying that something better will appear in the next release.

Evans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 14, 2016, 07:22:12 am »

Here is a suggestion:

I saw you mentioning adding Skavens to MDF.
While it's all good and stuff, would be fun to mash them with my hammerers for the good of the empire, maybe you would consider something else entirely.

A tribal civilisation of animal men.

They are already in the game. They already can be part of the fort. They can have jobs, titles, positions. Not sure about pregnancy and children for non-fort races, so perhaps some smart choice of starting the original tribal race (some cat men perhaps? cats are smart, cat men are dwarf-sized).

They could attempt to "civilize" any captured beast men, with sole exception of birdmen (their pathfinding is broken; let's say lore wise, that bird man prefer freedom of the skies to the cages underground).

Now, you might not be thrilled by the idea of hamster men scurrying around your farms.
So perhaps picture this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A massive, armor-clad elephant man warrior charging into battle, leading a group of rhino maceman:

And somewhere there, Ajani Pride gathers:

Seriously now.
There is an awful lot of lore regarding all sorts of beast men in fantasy games and books for this to be a reasonable concept.
They could have their shamans, their traders, their emissaries even - maybe a tribal king to the Beast Men Alliance
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 02:02:30 pm by Evans »
getlost.lua # How to get rid of tavern guests
function getlost ()
   local unit = dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit (true)
   unit.flags1.forest = true
end
getlost ()

Thelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 14, 2016, 08:36:28 am »

Here is a suggestion:

I saw you mentioning adding Skavens to MDF.
While it's all good and stuff, would be fun to mash them with my hammerers for the good of the empire, maybe you would consider something else entirely.

A tribal civilisation of animal men.

They are already in the game. They already can be part of the fort. They can have jobs, titles, positions. Not sure about pregnancy and children for non-fort races, so perhaps some smart choice of starting the original tribal race (some cat men perhaps? cats are smart, cat men are dwarf-sized).

They could attempt to "civilize" any captured beast men, with sole exception of birdmen (their pathfinding is broken; let's say lore wise, that bird man prefer freedom of the skies to the cages underground).

Now, you might not be thrilled by the idea of hamster man scurrying around your farms.
So perhaps picture this:

A massive, armor-clad elephant man warrior charging into battle, leading a group of rhino maceman:

And somewhere there, Ajani Pride gathers:

Seriously now.
There is an awful lot of lore regarding all sorts of beast men in fantasy games and books for this to be a reasonable concept.
They could have their shamans, their traders, their emissaries even - maybe a tribal king to the Beast Men Alliance

I'M IN FOR THIS.

Yinseng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the mod - Progress & Suggestions - race poll
« Reply #327 on: September 16, 2016, 10:18:11 am »

I voted nagas but really I'd much rather gnomes.

123nick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 16, 2016, 11:31:58 am »

I voted nagas but really I'd much rather gnomes.
me too. id have something as close as possible to gnomes. unfortunately, gnomes are also the hardest to port over to 43.03, though :(

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 16, 2016, 12:08:32 pm »

i hope necromancers have some features old warlocks had
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27