Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Next race...

Goblins, evil kidnappers...
Necromancers, uber-evil mages...
Skaven, underground-living ratmen with clans...
Insect hive, zerg/tyranid-style...
Naga, water-based magic snakemen...

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27

Author Topic: Future of the mod - Progress & Suggestions - race poll  (Read 74095 times)

Kars

• Bay Watcher
  • registered flex offender
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the mod - Progress & Suggestions - race poll
« Reply #375 on: January 01, 2017, 12:43:47 am »

no elf love...
🇮🇹 dall'italia con amore🇮🇹

baldamundo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 01, 2017, 04:39:26 pm »

How about giving the Orcs' Textile Sweatshop (the Kobold labourer one) a subsection for making clothing sets sized to fit the different races you can release at the Ghetto Overseer? As it is it's very easy to end up with lots of naked goblins and kobolds running about. That's assuming you can't just simply extend the forge's fitting options to the tailor?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 02, 2017, 01:33:14 pm »

How about giving the Orcs' Textile Sweatshop (the Kobold labourer one) a subsection for making clothing sets sized to fit the different races you can release at the Ghetto Overseer? As it is it's very easy to end up with lots of naked goblins and kobolds running about. That's assuming you can't just simply extend the forge's fitting options to the tailor?

As the DFhack edition catches up, the options to make those kind of clothes size will become available via the vanilla base game options.

Though i agree having some specific size optimization outside the current (kobolds are not on the list & too small, while goblins are only 10,000 smaller than dwarves so dwarf sized clothing works fine) and because of the Vanilla functions to default size to your fortress race, all the clothing should fit orcs by default.

TsavoritePrince

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 08, 2017, 12:35:15 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=52988.0
I would like you to add the OldGenesis mod into Masterwork.

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 08, 2017, 05:07:55 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=52988.0
I would like you to add the OldGenesis mod into Masterwork.

Woof...I'm no expert on the merger of mods, but that one seems like it may be a tough one to really incorporate, since you have multiple races, with their own subcultures, that overlap with current MW races. How would you work with things, like the multiple human races in that mod? For example, what subspecies of humans would you be playing, since humans are playable in Masterwork? Not to mention the fact Masterwork already has a plethora of races in the base game, as well as the Fortress Defense races.

The OldGenesis mod DOES have some stuff that I really like the look of, (I'm a sucker for Illithids and their kin), as well as the thought of new items and iother things. It just seems that at a glance there is a TON of overlap between Masterwork and this mod, that would require a large amount of pruning.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 14, 2017, 07:34:56 pm »

For the sake of game balance, I think the syndrome effects from alcohol should have a maximum length of about a month for each drink. This would accomplish two things: first it would make tantrums more likely again because as it is everyone is too drunk to get stressed out, and second it would make barkeeps a reasonable addition because tavern-goers would only be at risk if they over-drank within a month before the dangerous effects started to level out and taper off again.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 07:38:41 pm by LMeire »
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

ElderDays

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 06, 2017, 04:02:33 pm »

My suggestions for new playable and NPC races.

Replace Goblins with Goblinoids: The new race would be split into three separate subraces; Goblins, hobgoblins and bugbears. I know there is some concern about differentiating Goblins and orcs thematically. My outlook is that while orcs make war and raid others because they believe might makes right Goblins are cruel and sadistic by nature.

Gnolls: Resemble a human hyena hybrid. Their entire culture is based around stalking and bringing down their prey. *Edit I actually just started a new Fort recently and came across these buggers for the first time. In fact my site is infested with them. Perhaps modify them so they can create savage grade equipment and are a bit more aggressive.

Haflings: Rolly Polly farmers who often set up their communities close to stronger trade partners. Be careful about inviting them into your settlement as they go through food supplies twice as fast as most races.

Magi: Civilization of humans that is completely based on magic. Actual population is fairly small but they make up for this with magic constructs like golems, homunculi and elementals. Kind of like a good/ neutral counterpart to Necromancers.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 09:16:58 pm by ElderDays »

AtomSoldat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 05, 2017, 10:51:22 pm »

Hey Meph i just remembered your mod again and i wanted to let you know i'm really happy about the current poll results :D

I really liked playing Warlocks in the old Masterwork mod. For me, the fun from necromancy (it's my favourite thing in fantasy) comes from
managing your own little fortress filled with your undead creations, and your mod did that really wonderfully.

Thanks for giving the necromantically inclined such a rare (and really cool) opportunity to fully explore what it means to have your own
necromancer tower :3

I'll be redownloading the old version while i wait for the new ones to appear (: (:
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 11:33:57 pm by AtomSoldat »

armok of blood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 17, 2017, 03:13:45 pm »

Small suggestion.
Would it be possible to have a TWBT font for the Nordic tileset?
It's not like an idea has to make sense for people to cling to it.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 28, 2017, 06:45:15 am »

Depending on how this new artifact update goes with a open map replacing the C screen, how do you think it will affect the next editions of masterwork to come?

It might be case in which you steal large amounts of real people or "slave" objects from raids conducted with your slavery races, or generally send orcs/dwarves/other on the warpath to tackle threats.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 28, 2017, 04:36:11 pm »

I sincerely doubt that raiding parties will be moddable in that way.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 29, 2017, 06:26:34 am »

I sincerely doubt that raiding parties will be moddable in that way.

Yet to be seen (all we know is the map will be GUI and the interactions so far are text responses), but you could probably mod the circumstances in which the party comes back, even if you can't directly influence with dfhack what happens to them on the journey through the revamped civilisation screen (until dfhack catches up and if that's possible to edit that GUI screen or the interactions)

> Go and commit a raid on a settlement, then DFhack slave objects/loot appears at your map edge/building or in your expedition's inventories. etc.

TsavoritePrince

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 15, 2017, 09:45:34 am »

It would be cool if you added the Ark Project onto the mod list despite being incomplete but still functional.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=48147.0

TsavoritePrince

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 19, 2017, 10:03:37 am »

It would be cool to add Civilization Forge and Genesis Reborn. However, that would require some significant tweaking so...

Metall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 21, 2017, 01:54:36 am »

kekkres, I wanted to make Skaven with 3 unique features:
 - Clans that cause infighting. 4 in total, controlled by castes, that do not like and debuff each other.
 - Heavy debuff for being outside, bonus underground. Like reverse-cave-adaption, aka "no aboveground settlements/fighting".
 - Joining clans means a random (?) civ-member is murdered, to prove their commitment.

Thats different from Goblins.

Perhaps, to capitalize upon this, you could go whole hog and add Clan-specific buildings? Like Clan Skryer would have a far more mechanical feel to them, with unstable (but hard hitting) muskets, flamethrowers, and the good old Ratling Guns, as well as a drill/minecart for mining... or combat if you can rig it right, higher quality (than usual for the clans) metal smelting and crafting... and overall just more uses for Warpstone by fueling ALL of this, and whatever else you can come up with. Lots of !FUN! here, due to the vast risk/reward dynamic. All of their stuff is super useful... but a large chunk of it could explode if not maintained well enough.

Of course, then we have Clan Moulder... kidnappers and masters of flesh. They would use Warpstone and Captives to essentially summon big freakin monsters like the Rat Ogre or the Hell-Pit Abomination for military and industrial uses. Also better bone and leather crafters, and farmers. Better farmers and animal trainers. Of course, these beasts might decide to stop being tame, and use their great strength to ensure that !FUN! is had.

Clan Eschin is all about sneaking and murdering... and unless you can set-up a stealth system in Fortress Mode... I would suggest scraping them, they are Ratman ninjas after-all. Replace with the Stormvermin, (there was a clan that had vastly more numbers of Stormvermin... don't remember the name though) bigger, stronger ratmen with black fur. Better for your military by virtue of actually being worth something in a fight without Warpstone use. Could also be better miners than standard as well due to their strength. Not too much !FUN! but... Skaven are notorious for their hatred of the words Kindness, Loyalty, and Mercy. Keep them happy, or they might start butchering anybody with the wrong fur colour.

The fourth great clan is of course, Clan Pestilence. Best way to use them would be to use syndrome reactions for poisoned weapons. They collect the worlds most deadly plagues... and toss them at people in glass balls, creating an AoE poison attack. They also use Warpstone, and put them in censors (incense burner-balls for religious rituals) and use them as flails. The Warpstone inside the thing causes poison effects, and will eventually kill the user. They are better Priests, as vastly more of their society is caught up in worship. Use Warpstone to fuel rituals so that you can get some bonuses... with some drawbacks. Could replace with the Grey Seers, Skaven Mages... who also might just explode at any time... and eat their students... unless said student eats them first.

Speaking of cannibalism... they are cannibals, a farming project can succeed by lessening the amount of mouths to feed, and increasing the amount of sentient food people rampaging through the warrens because of this fact. This would be the most !FUN! race to play, lots of things to experiment with, lots of potential for tantrum spirals, and unending amounts of fluffy backstabbing.

To be honest... it sounds like the epitome of Dwarf Fortress.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 01:57:14 am by Metall »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27