Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Next race...

Goblins, evil kidnappers...
Necromancers, uber-evil mages...
Skaven, underground-living ratmen with clans...
Insect hive, zerg/tyranid-style...
Naga, water-based magic snakemen...

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27

Author Topic: Future of the mod - Progress & Suggestions - race poll  (Read 74094 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Future of the mod - Progress & Suggestions - NEW POLL! SNEAK-PREVIEWS
« Reply #270 on: June 28, 2016, 02:56:17 pm »

Human mode update is progressing nicely. I think I'll be done for the friday release.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 29, 2016, 07:45:29 am »

Human mode update is progressing nicely. I think I'll be done for the friday release.
Will I finally get to live out my dream of being a human pistolero with flintlocks?

Or well any muskets in particular
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 07:51:57 am by Metaltooth »
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

daisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 29, 2016, 02:16:16 pm »

Will I finally get to live out my dream of being a human pistolero with flintlocks?

Or well any muskets in particular
This thread provides Meph's human mode documentation. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=159106.0 We're promised "handcannons" via the Cannon Engineer shop, the highest level of the engineer's guild.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #273 on: June 29, 2016, 02:28:02 pm »

They also have flintlocks and muskets, just like the old human mode.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 29, 2016, 04:14:24 pm »

This thread provides Meph's human mode documentation. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=159106.0 We're promised "handcannons" via the Cannon Engineer shop, the highest level of the engineer's guild.
They also have flintlocks and muskets, just like the old human mode.

this is absolutely fantastic

Both Fortress mode and Adventure mode will have so many new fun toys
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 29, 2016, 09:52:22 pm »

Question, do the humans have anything similar to other civs' combat castes in the release? it'd be a little odd if they didn't, though its obvious from what I saw elsewhere you were dissatisfied with how the Knights turned out in he legacy version.

Could always have Legion analogues under the names of Watchmen, Siegemen, and Men-at-Arms (Armor, shield, blunts - ranged - armor, shield, edged weapons, respectively.)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #276 on: June 30, 2016, 05:03:49 am »

Question, do the humans have anything similar to other civs' combat castes in the release? it'd be a little odd if they didn't, though its obvious from what I saw elsewhere you were dissatisfied with how the Knights turned out in he legacy version.

Could always have Legion analogues under the names of Watchmen, Siegemen, and Men-at-Arms (Armor, shield, blunts - ranged - armor, shield, edged weapons, respectively.)
They have 5 secret castes (warrior, thief, barbarian, monk and cleric) that rarely arrive as migrants; and they have 5 military castes (guard, marksman, squire, knight and paladin) but I have not written a building to transform them into such yet. There is still lots of content I'd like to include to humans, but I feel like they are already fairly large as far as workshops go...

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 01, 2016, 05:15:26 am »

So meph do we not get new shiny(dark and dangerous of course) necromancers and get instead the old grumpy rotting warlocks from before? ;D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #278 on: July 01, 2016, 06:41:01 am »

So meph do we not get new shiny(dark and dangerous of course) necromancers and get instead the old grumpy rotting warlocks from before? ;D
Because the old ones cant be ported.

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 01, 2016, 06:46:47 am »

Oh ok, i was a bit confused, like after the humans got first, you added the old style warlocks to the poll and dont even mentiont the new necromancers i thought you had thrown them over board. :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #280 on: July 01, 2016, 07:25:32 am »

Well, how can a non-existing race of necromancer that no one ever played be your favourite race? ^^

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 01, 2016, 09:59:12 am »

Well, imagination. 8) I wanted to see them but i'm fine with the old ones. ;)

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 01, 2016, 03:47:55 pm »

TBH all i want from the old warlocks is the prisoner bug to be sorted out, besides that playing them is insanely fun.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #283 on: July 01, 2016, 08:06:10 pm »

Progress - trying out the 43.03 version with twbt.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 03, 2016, 02:50:57 pm »

Thinking about it, I think there's one thing the mod really should have: reactions for the workshops of other races. Could range from just being able to do limited versions of what the others could, to changing them into unique workshops for the race that can't be acquired otherwise. Would make cross-race reclaims far more interesting.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27