Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is it possible to disarm in adventure mode?  (Read 2102 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Is it possible to disarm in adventure mode?
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2016, 03:58:20 pm »

There is a more reliable way.  After grabbing the weapon with wrestling (you must grab it with your hand), interact with it (with "I").  You can then pull it out of their hands.  This only works if you are strong enough to overcome the enemy.

I learned something new today.

I've always found it fun to grab it, take a step back, then chuck his own weapon at his face. I never considered any other method could exist.

It's really the same thing. Same as a jammed weapon - if present, any "reclaim possessions" under "I" happen when executing a move order. Doing it manually just affords you more control over it :)

Note: you can use this same tactic to do fun things like ripping off an annoying piece of armor that won't yet you land a good hit! I've literally ripped the copper breastplate off of a bandit and smashed his head in with it.

Yes indeed. I enjoy taking off a helmet and using it as a bludgeon. I'm reasonably sure that they die from the irony before the blood loss.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 [2]