Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 65

Author Topic: Children's Card (and Toy) Games: Advent (OOC)  (Read 52002 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Children's Card (and Toy) Games: Advent
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2016, 11:28:30 pm »

Spoiler: Modifier (click to show/hide)
See Ralts and Kirlia.

Oh my god yes no.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2016, 11:30:19 pm »

>NOT GARDEVOIR
Black lives matter.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2016, 11:31:19 pm »

>NOT GARDEVOIR
>Don't worry, it's coming.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2016, 11:31:46 pm »

yare yare
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2016, 11:32:06 pm »

The Hearthstone balance would of course be the Mana Crystal system. So, are you expecting that over time, as people gain more experience they will continue getting more cards from their respective games?

Also, out of curiosity, how many of the arguments in this game are going to consist of things like "Can Celtic Guardian beat Pikachu" or "Can Shielded Minibot beat Generic Hero Man from MTG", etc.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2016, 11:35:30 pm »

yare yare
daze
Also, out of curiosity, how many of the arguments in this game are going to consist of things like "Can Celtic Guardian beat Pikachu" or "Can Shielded Minibot beat Generic Hero Man from MTG", etc.
who the fuck uses celtic guardian anymore
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2016, 11:36:22 pm »

Yes, this is precisely how it is planned to work.

Lots of trading around would happen automagically, like someone getting a useless MTG booster pack as loot, and trade it or sell it off.

I'll do vague stat conversions in my head, use the RAW/Lore as a baseline, and if I REALLY can't figure it out, Skill or Heart get brought in, or we consider it a tie with both being harmed, or flip a coin for the winner.

It is super vague since i will shoot myself in the mouth if I have to give a hard conversion system for all of this.
I expect full cooperation of course when I make these decisions.

Favored Cards can also change, as shown by the examples so far.

Didn't Kaiba cybernetically enhance his Blue Eyes at one point?
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2016, 11:39:36 pm »

I think that both MtG and Hearthstone will be simpler in that manner (I don't know much about Duel Masters but maybe that would fit in too) since the effects are pretty universal and can translate to any card game, ex. destroy a monster/creature, draw cards, block a monster from attacking, etc.

I don't wish for extensive arguments, but at the same time I hope there is rational and interesting discussion about how the different games will interact, those discussions/interactions are actually one of the main things drawing me into this game.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2016, 11:41:53 pm »

Discussion is fine, WAAAAAH is not.

And In every game preceding this had plenty of WAAAAAH when things (read: Anything) happened, which is why I INSIST that clever plans be spoiled either via PM or in the OOC so I can say if they even have a chance of working.

I am just waiting for the hot Polymerization plays.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2016, 11:43:36 pm »

I think that both MtG and Hearthstone will be simpler in that manner (I don't know much about Duel Masters but maybe that would fit in too) since the effects are pretty universal and can translate to any card game, ex. destroy a monster/creature, draw cards, block a monster from attacking, etc.

I don't wish for extensive arguments, but at the same time I hope there is rational and interesting discussion about how the different games will interact, those discussions/interactions are actually one of the main things drawing me into this game.
Duel Masters was inspired by MtG, so lots of similarities exist.

I also do hope we will find a way to make cross-matches enjoyable, without making one side curb-stomped because of unbalance.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2016, 11:43:51 pm »

okay but wait BIG LARGE PROBLEM HERE

the cardgmes have lots and lots of monsters going down on the board, right

but beyblade is based around a single, very powerful thing dueling another, singular, very powerful thing

and i think every cardgame has a card that is used to destroys a single, very powerful thing
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2016, 11:46:30 pm »

I also do hope we will find a way to make cross-matches enjoyable, without making one side curb-stomped because of unbalance.

I optimistically believe we will find a way to balance things since every conventional card game has monsters of low, medium, and high power levels, combined with various kinds of "Spells"/non-creature cards.

okay but wait BIG LARGE PROBLEM HERE

the cardgmes have lots and lots of monsters going down on the board, right

but beyblade is based around a single, very powerful thing dueling another, singular, very powerful thing

and i think every cardgame has a card that is used to destroys a single, very powerful thing

I imagine since a deck is made up of cards of various power levels while a Beyblade "Deck" is composed of one extremely powerful "Card", it would play out like a Boss Battle, where the Beyblade tries to obliterate/hold out against their opponent until they run out of cards or health

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2016, 11:47:40 pm »

We could "nerf" destroy effects as a weakening effect or translate it into an appropriate effect related to the game.

Or make up something, like destroying only part of it. Improvised bullshit hoh !

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2016, 11:48:22 pm »

those Blast Endurance, or roll a save or die.

Unless their deck is designed to kill a big minion a whole bunch of times (Which makes it a bad deck) It should be fine.

Might enact a debuff of some kind.

but yeah, Beyblades are VERY strong, and curbstomp minions until they run out of energy, so that's how that works.

If it destroys part of the bey, that is a huge balance loss, and by extension, Attack, Defence, and Endurance hit.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2016, 11:49:14 pm »

I'm very interested, just having trouble thinking of a toy. Seems someone is already thinking of a Beyblade...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 65