Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: ☼MasterworkMod☼ - What would you like to see in an Adv-Mode mod?  (Read 8111 times)

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MasterworkMod☼ - What would you like to see in an Adv-Mode mod?
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2016, 03:55:54 am »

< Urist realizes he is running low on water while traveling through the desert >
< Urist take the little remaining water he has left in his waterskin and dumps it on the group >
< Urist then fills all three of his waterskins from the puddle of infinite sustenance he has just created  and continues on his journey >

PS: Heating the snow in your waterskin at the campfire is exactly what pikachu17 was referring too.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2016, 06:01:09 am »

I want a way to train our companions up relatively easily and relatively risk-free.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Arthropleura

• Bay Watcher
  • Elven Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2016, 02:39:23 pm »

Humans with guns for one. The human fort mode looks like having firearms and cannon are a big deal so it seems kind of odd that I couldn't find a single musket anywhere in Adv Mode.

?Less exotic metals where they don't belong? Are human hamlets supposed to have piles of mithril and bloodsteel gear? I swear last time I played Masterwork I had a hard time finding anything made of bronze for all the exotic metal gear. I'd also like to note that I have no idea what kind of material properties ANY of these fantasy metals have.

I don't play fort mode so I have no idea if this is the intended state of affairs. I don't really have anything else to add yet, I admittedly stopped playing masterwork because of this metal issue. I might not know what bloodsteel is, but I do know that mithril is your stereotypical metal of all metals and probably shouldn't be in the hands of humans.

(looking at main post again it does mention making mithril as the humans, you'd think I would have noticed that having read the post 6 or 7 times.)
We are currently three turns in, and the main hall is coated in blood, intestines and random corpses. There's a huge pile of 3000 items made of human body parts in a corner and remaining members of the staff of the museum are, as I type this, being slowly choked to death by one of our adventurers.

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2016, 09:01:49 am »

I'm going to put in the obligatory request to have a workshop in DF that will let you assume control of a fort denizen, even if for a limited amount of time, for those times when a task needs a fine touch. Tasks like hunting fort vampires come to mind. Or, just taking manual control of an Urst set to infinite party in the dining hall to crank out some copper before the whole fort dies.

Maybe give priests a reason to exist? Have them enchant weapons and armor for a high fee, and they only offer bonuses relative in their spheres? Divine priests give a bonus vs demons, evil priests give bonus to vault angels, nature druids give bonus to undead, savage and occult gives bonus to mundane, ect. This'll let adv players specialize their equipment, which is nice since the general tactic of Adv mode is just to get as stronk as you can until you don't fear anything anymore.

Maybe extend the above and have a breakable chest block that will roll a loot table in DFhack. And have the Vaults roll on a table that's super crazy. Or be able to make reward chests in goblin fort mode. I feel like that whole mode should be like a dungeon keeper mode to make something crazy for your adventurer to come clear later.   

And speaking of loot. There are coins always littered around caves but nothing to spend them on. Maybe make an craftable adventurer's shop workshop in Adv and Fort mode that takes coins for health potions and other roguelike tropes. Again, use the DFhack script above to generate a weekly unique enchanted weapon or armor that is on sale for a limited time only like Borderlands.

and to feed into that system, force all sentient creatures drop a limited amount of gold to promote the murder economy.   

« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 09:46:16 am by DVNO »
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2016, 01:33:20 pm »

I'm going to put in the obligatory request to have a workshop in DF that will let you assume control of a fort denizen, even if for a limited amount of time, for those times when a task needs a fine touch. Tasks like hunting fort vampires come to mind. Or, just taking manual control of an Urst set to infinite party in the dining hall to crank out some copper before the whole fort dies.
That doesn't have to with adventure mode exactly, does it?. Infinite Party? You know that parties no longer happen right? I'll admit I don't know much about what DFhack can and can't do, but I'm fairly certain You can't make fort mode temporarily adventure mode, without making everyone fight each other through the command mode set
Maybe give priests a reason to exist? Have them enchant weapons and armor for a high fee, and they only offer bonuses relative in their spheres? Divine priests give a bonus vs demons, evil priests give bonus to vault angels, nature druids give bonus to undead, savage and occult gives bonus to mundane, ect. This'll let adv players specialize their equipment, which is nice since the general tactic of Adv mode is just to get as stronk as you can until you don't fear anything anymore.
You can make special reactions in fort mode that could do this, but I'm fairly certain anyone in the civ can run the reaction, not just priests. in adv mode you can't force priests to do anything.
I guess you could make a special priest caste that is the only caste that can be in the priest position, but I'm fairly certain they can't change equipment with reactions
Maybe extend the above and have a breakable chest block that will roll a loot table in DFhack. And have the Vaults roll on a table that's super crazy. Or be able to make reward chests in goblin fort mode. I feel like that whole mode should be like a dungeon keeper mode to make something crazy for your adventurer to come clear later.   
I do like the idea of goblin mode being mostly to build something for an adventurer clear. What specifically do you mean by Vaults having loot tables?
And speaking of loot. There are coins always littered around caves but nothing to spend them on. Maybe make an craftable adventurer's shop workshop in Adv and Fort mode that takes coins for health potions and other roguelike tropes. Again, use the DFhack script above to generate a weekly unique enchanted weapon or armor that is on sale for a limited time only like Borderlands.
The only workshop you can build in adv mode is the carpenter, no other workshops can be modded in(again, no idea if DFhack can do this). I guess you could have reactions that create health potions, but they'd either increase the healing rate, or completely heal you(I have no idea if adv reactions can activate DFhack commands).
I'm fairly certain you can't have weekly magical armors for sale.
and to feed into that system, force all sentient creatures drop a limited amount of gold to promote the murder economy.   
well you could make all civ creatures have extra butcher objects(actually there may be a command to do stuff upon death. No idea, if it can make items though.), but it seems cheap to have someone that may have already have been holding coins, to suddenly generate more upon death.

In conclusion, one of us is really confused about the limits of how much DFhack can do.

To put in my one two cents,human Lords don't seem to be in since the human fort mode update, could you please re-add hearthpeople?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2016, 08:47:39 pm »

You can switch between gamemodes in DFhack. I switched between Adv and Fort mode all the time in 34.11. And that bug has been fixed since then.

And, well, In tabletop roleplaying games you would roll dice to see what loot you got. Dfhack has a random number function, a script could look at the contents in a chest, roll numbers, compare them to a table of enchantments, and add them as an improvements on the contents.

If you have enchantments then those angels should have the same thing done to them to to keep them balanced as endgame bosses.

An adventurer's shop in fort mode only will work fine.

Also, what's with the critical analysis? He wanted ideas, so I swung for the fences. He didn't say the ideas had to be good. 

Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

Sefarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2016, 11:52:32 pm »

A wide array of slab/secret types would be pretty awesome. Secrets of Space and Time = teleportation? Secrets of the sun and stars = walking flamethrower? Secrets of the moon and night = invisibility/super stealth? Secrets of home and hearth = dispel boogeymen/conjure food and water? Secrets of health and remedy = healing magic? Just some ideas.
Pages: 1 2 [3]