Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Installing Starcraft II Legacy of the Void.  (Read 3185 times)

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Installing Starcraft II Legacy of the Void.
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2016, 06:52:01 pm »

Windows 7. 64 bit.

I followed your links and my game works on Heart of the Swarm now. Can you help me upgrade to Legacy of the Void please?

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2016, 07:02:45 pm »

Yes I freaking can. Assuming you've got a valid retail copy of Legacy of the void and your game is working cause you did the first thing I told you, yup.

Here's what you're going to do. First, take the physical copy of the disk you bought and put it back in the little case it came in. It's probably paper. Then you're going to look on that case and see something that says something like "Authentication Key" or maybe "Game Key"  or something like that. It's gonna look something like a whole bunch of capital letters mixed in with some numbers with little hyphen dashes separating them. You let me know if you don't see that; it's like

#XXX# - XXXX - ##XXXX - #X#X - XX####

or something like that. You hold onto that game key authentication code key thing, because that is important.

Now, once you have that, then you're going to go to around about here:

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/

At the top right of the screen it says, "Your Account." That will give you a dropdown thing that says "Log in." Now, from there you're going to log in with your battle.net username and password. which will let you know the company's record for you and what games you've got. You're going to select Starcraft II, and until you upgrade, it's going to be the second expansion with Kerrigan, HotS. You'll see the option to upgrade and it's going to say like, "Redeem a Code."

Remember that game key I told you about a little earlier. Get that and type it in.

If you did it right, then congratulations, you should have Legacy of the Void. If you didn't then tell us about it here, but DO NOT post your game key code anywhere online or something like that ok.

Alright you do that and then you let me know if it worked or not here ok?
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2016, 08:18:58 pm »

Ok, that worked. Thank you. I really appreciate it.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2016, 08:20:26 pm »

You're welcome. Glad this worked for you. Later.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 [2]