Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Biking and Fitness Adventure with Joshua  (Read 14904 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Biking and Fitness Adventure with Joshua
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2016, 10:03:25 pm »

@Starver:I just use *hugs*.

Good luck with your trial run, Joshua.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2016, 03:12:33 pm »

Today was a real struggle. Boiling sweaty heat, heavy winds, high humidity... I did 20 miles, then had to take a 30 minute break, then did 10 more, for 30 total miles today. I feel satisfied with that.

Odometer: 280 miles.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2016, 04:53:13 pm »

This is really freaking impressive, keep it up!
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2016, 03:14:33 pm »

Thanks, man. I appreciate it.

I did 10 miles today, though this is only because of an odd scheduling restraint that I can't devote more time to bicycling today. Still stupid hot.

Odometer: 290m

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2016, 06:36:11 pm »

Waking up, knees are feeling alright. +10, breaking three-hundred.

Oh dumb eater: 300m

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2016, 08:20:30 pm »

OH! I almost completely forgot, today had an excellent tailwind along the longest road in my Park, and I was able to hit 27.5mph. I had to stop accelerating only because even though it's the longest road, it's not long enough and I had to brake before running straight into one of the surrounding highways I talked of earlier.

MaxSpeed: 27.5mph

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2016, 09:11:26 pm »

Go you!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2016, 08:43:35 am »

Doin' good!

(I still say maximum speeds aren't that important, unless you see yourself sprint-racing, and stamina will help you more, but it is exilerating to feel breeze on your face of which much, if not all, comes from your own effort.)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2016, 07:47:14 pm »

Thirty-one miles. I woke up feeling disgruntled and frustrated, and I just ate my last pear (it had fermented to the point where I think it must have been partially alcoholic at that point), got my jug of water, and hopped on my bike. I was originally only going to do 20, but that didn't feel like enough. I did 25, and thought that I still had more to give. I put on "Last Boss Rush" on my MP3 player, and did six more in that span of that song (It's 26 minutes long).

In the reading thread, I mentioned that I started reading again. My brain feels a bit more enlivened with this mental exercise from that as well, though it's only because I have nothing else to do at work. It's a very boring, sedentary, and dull job that doesn't require much from me, so I have a lot of time.

Odometer: 331m

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2016, 09:57:51 pm »

Took a break. It would seem two 8-ish hour sleep cycles is enough to near completely restore my legs after my now almost-routine sessions where I push myself as hard as I can for as long as I can. Today I did 34 miles, again riding until the sun sets and burning those last few miles in the dead'o'night. My sleep quality is lightly damaged by the fact that my bedroom is an oven with intense insulation and no ventilation, and it gets unbearably hot while I sleep, waking me up prematurely, but I seem to be doing alright.

Odo Nobunagameter: 365 ambitions

A book I had purchased over Amazon to hopefully improve my love life had finally arrived: "Models: Attract women through honesty" by Mark Manson, and while I've always turned my nose up on dating books as drivel, the draw of this one sold me; it advocates that self-development (physical, mental, emotional) is the only legitimate method of improving your life. I had bought it on a whim, but finally turning through some pages, it's an intense read, I need to put it down every page or so to absorb it and let my emotions calm down cause I'm easily agitated when being forced to confront my hangups.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 11:13:54 pm by JoshuaFH »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2016, 10:01:28 pm »

You've got an entire year's worth of miles!  Grats!
Sigtext

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2016, 05:53:30 am »

Nearly... It's a leap-year, 2016. :P

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2016, 07:19:39 am »

Nearly... It's a leap-year, 2016. :P

Hush now

Took a break. It would seem two 8-ish hour sleep cycles is enough to near completely restore my legs after my now almost-routine sessions where I push myself as hard as I can for as long as I can. Today I did 34 miles, again riding until the sun sets and burning those last few miles in the dead'o'night. My sleep quality is lightly damaged by the fact that my bedroom is an oven with intense insulation and no ventilation, and it gets unbearably hot while I sleep, waking me up prematurely, but I seem to be doing alright.

Odo Nobunagameter: 365 ambitions

A book I had purchased over Amazon to hopefully improve my love life had finally arrived: "Models: Attract women through honesty" by Mark Manson, and while I've always turned my nose up on dating books as drivel, the draw of this one sold me; it advocates that self-development (physical, mental, emotional) is the only legitimate method of improving your life. I had bought it on a whim, but finally turning through some pages, it's an intense read, I need to put it down every page or so to absorb it and let my emotions calm down cause I'm easily agitated when being forced to confront my hangups.

Well, self development is the only real method of changing how others see you. It is impressive how much physical changes can influence people's perception of you.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2016, 02:42:21 pm »

I did 15 miles. Well, 10 miles, but I did five yesterday, but that didn't feel noteworthy enough to mark it down in my diary. I guess I'm just emotional for no reason today.

O:380

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2016, 04:39:17 pm »

PTW.

I used to be far heavier than you, but now I'm a bit lighter/around the same weight. I don't exactly have time/area/bike to ride with you, but I'm out in the yard almost every day working on this garden and my diet's excesses include beans and almond butter.

I will too weigh myself on the vernal equinox.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9