Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: GTFO - It's a game now  (Read 845 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
GTFO - It's a game now
« on: June 20, 2020, 11:37:11 am »

We might already have a thread for this, but a search naturally returns every time anyone has spoken the term in the gaming board, ever.

GTFO is an immersive, spooky as fuck 4-man FPS. It's unique in that it requires 4 people to effectively play a match, and that they create new content every patch and rotate out the old stuff. Also, if you run-and-gun you WILL get your whole squad killed. It forces coordination and stealth in order to effectively complete levels.

Your team is made of prisoners that are forced by "The Warden" to conduct expeditions into an overrun-by-nightmare-monsters facility, located in the Chicxulub crater. You've got tools like the motion tracker from aliens, a foam gun that can freeze enemies or reinforce doors, and all kinds of other stuff. You can access the facility computers which require you to type in commands with your keyboard, such as LIST ZONE_234 to discover what items might be in there, or QUERY NC2_A02 in order to find out what sector a mission-critical item might be found in.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/493520/GTFO/

Point is it's flippin' fantastic. I'd be down to coordinate with some BAY12 folks.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 11:39:30 am by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: GTFO - It's a game now
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 08:45:57 am »

PTW and I'm gonna go check it out