Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Mainpiston test game: You win.  (Read 14490 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: Mainpiston test game: I really should've let you buy birdshot.
« Reply #120 on: May 19, 2016, 08:40:02 pm »

Thats a really good idea Syv. Mind if I use that?
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 19, 2016, 08:55:13 pm »

YES!  Of course I mind--everything I post on these forums is automatically and immediately patented, and you have to pay me royalties to use my ideas.  If you don't go through the proper bureaucratic processes, I'll sue!

...Nah, of course I don't mind.  I posted the suggestion here figuring it might be able to benefit the game and improve it to a slight extent.  If anything, I'm happy my suggestions are considered good. :D

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 19, 2016, 09:10:59 pm »

YES!  Of course I mind--everything I post on these forums is automatically and immediately patented, and you have to pay me royalties to use my ideas.  If you don't go through the proper bureaucratic processes, I'll sue!

...Nah, of course I don't mind.  I posted the suggestion here figuring it might be able to benefit the game and improve it to a slight extent.  If anything, I'm happy my suggestions are considered good. :D
How much are these royalties?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 20, 2016, 03:10:50 pm »

Charge for the hot air balloon and pilot it up into the air. once halfway up, start bandaging us up
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Are you still there? Hello?.. Alright, that's that I guess."

Chill out and watch for the balloon.
You wait watching intently.

BANSAI!!

Pull the knife, hoping it's a bayonet, and prepare for the enemy counter attack. If it is a bayonet, affix it to the shotgun. If not, just weild it instead.

You clearly have forgotten everything that sniper school ever taught you as you drop your sniper rifle on the ground draw your knife and fix it to your shotgun. You charge into the ranks of the swarming bags screaming about Japanese plants…. you're not entirely sure why. [dex 2] [bag dex 5] Regardless you plunge into the bag group, hacking and slashing with your bayonet-affixed shotgun. You completely miss the first bag. You aim at it but it whirls around and attempts to slash your leg with its razor sharp talons [dex 5] You dodge the first swipe and, [perception 5] glimpsing two more bags wheeling around to hit you, [dex 3] [bag dex 4] [bag dex 3] [Resilience 2] attempt to scramble out of the way. The first bag slips through your guard and hits you in the leg. You fall down to one knee, your teller tendon slashed in two. [resilience 3] You start screaming very loudly.

Charge for the hot air balloon and pilot it up into the air. once halfway up, start bandaging us up

You have clearly not taken leave of your sense and start to sprint for the balloon which the GM clearly fucked up by accidentally saying it's a hot air ballon rather than a skyhook/fulton extraction ballon. Luckily, it's a similar principle and works even better than a plane trying to catch onto a true hot air balloon. However as you retreat you hear the sound of Jimmy calling out in pain, your medical instincts kicking in you turn and attempt to shoot off the bags that are now on top of Jimmy and attempting to tear of pieces off his flesh with their ridiculously sticky tongues. Turning, you shoulder your sniper rifle and attempt to channel Annie Oakley. [you got a -1 for a small target but still got a 5] You sight up on one of the the bags that's currently attempting to lick Jimmie's face off and pull the trigger [marksmanship 5] Clearly, hunting is better for accuracy than sniper school, and you put a round right through it's brain.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile

"Fulton extraction... in progress..."

Doo de doo.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Drag him with me
Come on now, just keep shooting
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile

If they follow us, fuck 'em up with the bayonet. ((I could have sworn I had no rounds left for the shotgun.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mainpiston test game: Varion the slayer of bags.
« Reply #128 on: May 21, 2016, 12:18:26 pm »

"Fulton extraction... in progress..."

Doo de doo.
You make a slow circling loop around the clearing bored out of your skull. You attempt to whistle a jaunty tune to entertain yourself [GM fucking around roll: 1] Your whistling resounds through the the plane sounding like a musical war crime, your crew now long since used to their pilot's tone deafness stuff earplugs into their ears and ignore the cacophony.

Drag him with me
Come on now, just keep shooting
You attempt to take another shot at a bag [marksmanship 2] But completely miss. attaching your knife to your rifle you also charge forward into the fray. [dex 4] [bag#1 dex 5] You charge towards Jimmy your bayonet thrust under your arm just like you saw in those movies of the pre beast time.  The bag currently on top of Jimmy makes a sudden move and flies into the air out of reach of your bayonet. Turning you place yourself next to the wounded man prepared to fight the swarm. [dex 4] [bag#2 dex 6] While trying to return to a defensive position a bag makes a steep dive and slashes you arm. Unfortunately for the bag the dive is way too steep and it ends up slamming into the ground next to Jimmy who kills it with his bayonet. [dex 5] [bag#3 dex 6] you make an artful dodge and bat the bag out of the air with your rifle where Jimmy dispatches it. [perception 6] [dex 5] Motivated purely by instinct you immediately sidestep narrowly dodging a bag that had dived towards you from behind. [dex 6] [ bag#4 dex 3] angered by this cowardly move you thrust your bayonet forward using the sniper rifles longer reach to impale the bag it comes around for another dive.  [perception 1] Your vision narrowed into tunnel vision you fail to notice bag#5 as it dives inflicting a painful but purely superficial cut on back, [resilience 5] which you barely even notice. [dex 5] You turn with a snarl and whip your rifle into bag#5 [strength 4] stunning it and causing it to fall to the ground. You refocus on the last bag as it dives towards you and it [dex 4] [bag#1 dex 6] dodges your bayonet thrust and cuts a moderately bleeding wound into your right upper arm but loses a talon in your arm. [dex 4] [bag dex 1] With drawing the bag dives towards you again but you manage to bring your rifle into half decent parry causing the bag's iron claws to become embedded in the wooden but of your rifle. Bashing it against the ground soon takes care of the problem and now you even have a trophy. Jimmy can still use his other leg, so you decide to just support him and help him hop to the skyhook box.

Wounds: you've got the slightly oozing wounds from the initial two bags you've killed. you've got the the somewhat bleeding wound on your right arm. You've got the not at all problematic cut on your back, you've got a fairly bleeding wound on right upper arm. Lets see here, they didn't manage to hit any major arteries, their claws are fairly short and you rolled well for resistance, but you are bleeding from a number of wounds, hmm lets see you probably need to fix that in 2 turns before you start getting pretty dizzy, I'd also suggest some plasma when you do that to keep the shock at bay.

If they follow us, fuck 'em up with the bayonet. ((I could have sworn I had no rounds left for the shotgun.
[Really the bags are close enough to Jimmy to justify not rolling for him killing the stunned ones] you kill the dazed ones, and then are helped over to the skyhook box.
((Also you are correct, you have zero rounds in the shotgun.))

Both of you are suddenly defend by a thunderous roar, Varion [intelligence 6] reckons that it come from something a not too far away and was probably massive

((Sorry if Varion's turn is an absolute mess, I probably need to rethink how I do turns when you are surrounded by small and agile enemies.))
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 02:11:45 pm by MidnightJaguar »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 21, 2016, 04:26:16 pm »

"So... Boooored."

Take a little nap while those idiots take their precious time saving their own lives.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 21, 2016, 06:34:14 pm »

get up in the air, shoot/club anything that attacks us...otherwise bandage self up and take pain killers. once all good, check the amount of bullets, if any, left in sniper rifle
Okay, someone just pick us up...I'm currently bleeding all over the place like I just got mauled by a hoard of angry kittens decided I was their scratching post.[color]
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 06:53:34 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 21, 2016, 06:48:44 pm »

"What was noise?"

Forgot sniper rifle in the field. *Facepalm*.

"Alright lad. You better know what you're doing or we are probably not going to make it back to our families."
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 21, 2016, 06:51:55 pm »

I know what I'm doing, but right now not much we can do. we gotta get up in the air and then that's it, so hang on and don't let go. Now, when we are up there, Imma going to need your help, kay?
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 21, 2016, 07:06:14 pm »

"Well, there's only two options. And one leads to a more or less inevitable death. The only option that has much hope is the one where I help us get to the relative safety of the rescue craft... So, 'Kay."

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"So... Boooored."

Take a little nap while those idiots take their precious time saving their own lives.
Your attempted nap is rudely interrupted by a panicked man screaming at you over the radio you had dropped down along with the skyhook system. Grumbling you look around for the balloon [perception 1] You can't see anything at all, in fact you can barely be sure which way is up. You wake up your co-pilot. [Co-pilot perception 1] he also seems to have become legally blind. this is going to be problematic when you land. Paniking slightly you ask your navigator to come up and help you look for the ballon. The navigator [perception 5] apparently passed his eye exam and points it out, in a somewhat conceded voice that it's directly in front of you plane. You dive downwards to pick it up. [piloting 1] Your blindness is crippling and you are alerted by something going wrong by the incessant screaming of your navigator to "To Pull up you! PULL UP!" [Piloting 4] You barely manage to get the plane under control and you can feel the taller branches gently brush against the planes belly as you get back up to altitude, you look around at the cockpit Your co-pilot currently is considering the pistol strapped to his hip with great interest and the navigator is currently clutching his seat for dear life while staring at you with a look of pure hatred and cursing your name by every religious deity he knows. You listen. Clearly your navigator is very well educated he's gone through Abrahamic, Hindu, Budhist, Roman, Greek, Norse, and is currently calling on Ra to put a blight on your crops. Impressive.

get up in the air, shoot/club anything that attacks us...otherwise bandage self up and take pain killers. once all good, check the amount of bullets, if any, left in sniper rifle
Okay, someone just pick us up...I'm currently bleeding all over the place like I just got mauled by a hoard of angry kittens decided I was their scratching post.[color]
[doctor 5] You work quickly and effiecenly taking two pads of gauze from you medical kit you place one over your right arm wound and wrap a pressure bandage tightly around it slowing blood flow you feel confident this bandage should hold long enough to get onto the plane and actually stich it shut, You repeat this processes with your second cut and finally using the butterfly strips close the wounds on your arm. You don't think that going skyhooking with a plasma bag is the best idea and you don't currently feel like your going into shock. So you stat going about getting the skyhook setup.[perception 1] Unfortuentlly the box containg the skyhook has transformed into candy.

"What was noise?"

Forgot sniper rifle in the field. *Facepalm*.

"Alright lad. You better know what you're doing or we are probably not going to make it back to our families."
You crawl over while Varion does his doctoring work and retrieve your sniper rifle. Then you crawl back to the skyhook and look around for some instructions [perception 5] You find some instructions for the skyhook and manage to convince Varion that the skyhook is not in fact made of candy.
Spoiler: The instructions (click to show/hide)
Following these instructions you get everything set up and let the balloon rise into the air. It's up to Sukuodi now. Blind Sukuodi.

EVeryone on the ground, You hear the roar again [Varion intelligence 2] You think it might be getting farther away.[Jimmy intelligence 3] Thinks it might be getting closer but it's hard to tell, regardless he clutches his sniper rifle tighter to his chest.

I'm sorry but there will be no post on Monday or Tuesday, some IRL things have come up. There will in all likelihood be a post Wednesday, but I can't guarantee that. I can, however, guarantee that the normal turn posting will resume on Thursday for sure.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 04:00:11 pm by MidnightJaguar »

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11