Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Mainpiston test game: You win.  (Read 14468 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Mainpiston test game 4/6
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2016, 09:11:11 pm »

Guys, could use a bit of help here! Got tons coming in on me.
Close door slightly so that I am still able to aim gun and fire out of it slightly
. If any get into melee range club them with my gun and drag them behind cover for loots.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 09:54:32 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2016, 09:28:28 pm »

(( spayzak you already are in the doorway, you might want to consider closing the door to gain more cover.))
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2016, 09:53:23 pm »

(( spayzak you already are in the doorway, you might want to consider closing the door to gain more cover.))
((ah okay))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2016, 10:26:02 pm »

Pull upward as much as possible without stalling, so that gravity is pushing towards the rear of the aircraft.  Should be possible if we're low on weight, I think.

Also, observe our surroundings.  How many other aircraft are about, of what types, in what directions?

Oh, and if someone attempts to obstruct Groo's action, Groo drops what he's doing and dedicates his turn to disemboweling and then defenstrating them.  This goes for all actions Groo takes, present and future.

"A fray!"

((@Egan 1d36 is simpler because it's one dieroll, which you look up.  2d6 is two die rolls, with one lookup, on a larger and more difficult to parse table.  The weights and probabilities are also obvious with a d36, because you list the number of sides by nature--the 2d6 system is less intuitive and requires explanation.  Finally, with 2d6 you're limited to probabilities of 11/36, 9/36, 7/36, 5/36, 3/36, and 1/36.  You can't have a three and four be equally likely, and balancing nine different skill levels is more difficult because you're mostly just shifting those six around.  In contrast, with a d36, you have no limits, allowing you to have equal probabilities for every result if you want, or multiple 1/36 probabilites, or just a smoother transition from unskilled to skilled.

As for physical dice... who uses physical dice nowadays?  When I ran an RTD, I just genned up a hundred d6 results and just used whichever one was last for each roll.  Makes each roll a simple click and backspace.))

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2016, 12:01:26 am »

"You've got to be kidding me. One of you guys take care of it. I'll make sure no more board."

Scan the outside area looking for any suspicious activity. Make sure my guns are primed.
[Perception 1] You calmly stare into the middle distance completely oblivious to the the world around. You listen to the sounds of the ensuing knife fight and smile to yourself. You have truly found peace here you think.

"Grue, we are being invaded. Keep the plane steady and I will defend our cockpit."

Listen through the door for the invaders. Put a durability deebon into the door between the cockpit and the rest of the ship.
[perception 1] You put your ear to the door and suddenly the years of training at the Deamonilogologist academy all suddenly come rushing back to you, You listening at the door to lecture as the older children received their first steel weapons. the weeks of brutal training with the tubas until your lips bled as the teachers endlessly droned on about the wonders of defensive Daemonology the piercing sound of the piccolos nearly puncturing your eardrums as you first learned to infuse the sonic creatures into weapons. Your sneering teacher informing you of your utter inability to keep a steady vibration on the timpani and thus failing your armor infusion exam. Overwhelmed by these memerois you collapse sobbing against the door completely oblivious to the rest world as you futilely try to explain that the timpani was a different model from the one you were used to.

Guys, could use a bit of help here! Got tons coming in on me.
Close door slightly so that I am still able to aim gun and fire out of it slightly
. If any get into melee range club them with my gun and drag them behind cover for loots.

[Perception 5] taking a quick peak beyond the door you quickly count the number of boarders and expertly identify their weapons. There are three boarders. One looks like the leader and seems to be carrying a Daemonknife and pistol seemingly going for the swashbuckling look a second standing slightly behind him is dressed in basic aviator clothing and holds a door ram strapped to his back and a diamond tooth chainsaw it's teeth sparkling in the light. The third one is also dressed simply but carries a rifle and a pistol.
[Dexterity 6] [boarder leader marksman roll 2] [Chainsaw guy Dex roll 6] [The one sane boarder marksmanship roll 2] Thinking quickly you attempt to shut the door to give yourself some cover but Chainsaw guy clearly has other ideas and tackles you as you try to shut the door in his face knocking him down but dropping his chainsaw in the process and during the brief zero G experience you also drop your sniper rifle and somehow kick the door closed locking you in the room with Chainsaw guy. The mortal combat music begins to sound as you both draw knives and silently agree to settle this the old fashioned way.

Pull upward as much as possible without stalling, so that gravity is pushing towards the rear of the aircraft.  Should be possible if we're low on weight, I think.

Also, observe our surroundings.  How many other aircraft are about, of what types, in what directions?

Oh, and if someone attempts to obstruct Groo's action, Groo drops what he's doing and dedicates his turn to disemboweling and then defenstrating them.  This goes for all actions Groo takes, present and future.

[Piloting 6] [intelligence 1] Groo for reasons known only to his three functioning neurons, decides to take the plane up into a steep climb unsuprisingly not knowing that the parasite craft has a series of spikes embed in the plane that prevents this tactic from working. In a truly unforeseen turn of event the plane stall and goes into a free fall giving everyone a brief experience in zero G. [piloting 5] As the three neurons hold a emergency conference to determine which of them fucked up his mishappen hands happen to pull the correct lever and the plane reasserts itself smoothly resuming it's initial flight path. [Perception 4] Groo noticed a hazy outline of the shortsunderland but that was it, too busy almost killing everyone to take a good look around I guess.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 12:45:21 am by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2016, 12:11:56 am »

"FUCKERS! HOLD ON, JUST WAIT A MINUTE AND THEN I'M GOING TO KILL SOMEBODY!"

Scurry through the bomb bay and into the radio room. Wield Demon knife and pistol in offhand like a badass, and stick some angry dark magyics into the knife.
Hold that thought. Put a particularly powerful durability demon into one of the plane's wings, making Groo's plan slightly less harebrained.

((Also, i didn't realize at first, but Sosoku is in the cockpit with me and the grue, that's where the top turret is.))
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 01:27:50 pm by Egan_BW »
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2016, 06:04:49 am »

Trip him and then go for the eyes!
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2016, 06:10:23 am »

Continue scan. If I see literally any other aircraft, open fire.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2016, 01:11:04 pm »

Fly towards the Short Sunderland.  Attempt to fly somewhat diagonally over it, such that the tip of one wingtip crashes into the SS's cockpit.
Hold that thought. Put a particularly powerful durability demon into one of the plane's wings, making Groo's plan slightly less harebrained.
I have daemonism too.  Assist action, or replicate it, or otherwise enhance the effect.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2016, 01:26:03 pm »

"PLANE WINGS SHARP LIKE KATANA."

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2016, 03:15:32 pm »

Just so you know Syv, you guys are currently out of range of any guns the thing may have. Are you sure you wan't to get so close to it? It has a pretty good bite especially since your about at it's 8 o'clock.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2016, 05:06:54 pm »

((Can't argue with logic like that. ACCELERATE TO RAMMING SPEED!))

"FUCKERS! HOLD ON, JUST WAIT A MINUTE AND THEN I'M GOING TO KILL SOMEBODY!"

Scurry through the bomb bay and into the radio room. Wield Demon knife and pistol in offhand like a badass, and stick some angry dark magyics into the knife.

You shake off the Daemons of your past and turn to the plan at hand as you consider how the hell you are going to get onto the plane's wing. [Intelligence 2] Thinking about it, you have a sudden burst of inspiration, but it brings with it a sudden burst of PTSD, and you go back to sobbing about failing your first material manipulation ritual because the iron you were using was impure. Jeez, man, this is a boarding operation not a therapy session! Get yourself together! I mean, the Daemonist academy is said to be to be hard on your sanity, but this is ridiculous.

Trip him and then go for the eyes!
[Dexterity6]
[Chainsaw guy dex 5]
You attempt to trip the boarder as he charges forward, but you slip on a smooth part of the metal as you run forward. You hurriedly adapt your trip into a full-contact slide tackle, but he deftly avoids your FIFA-inspired attack and you end up on your back. You cry out with pain and gesture wildly to the referees for a penalty call, only to realize that a) they might call the penalty on you, and b) they are concussion-induced hallucinations.   [-1 to dodge rolls]
[Chainsaw guy dex 2]
[Dexterity 2]
In a surprisingly sporting move for a knife fight to the death, your opponent, rather than taking advantage of your ill-timed soccer tactics,  chivalrously allows you to get back into a fighting stance.
Continue scan. If I see literally any other aircraft, open fire.
[perception 4] You shake yourself out of the happy stupor you were in and gaze around the horizon. The thing which catches your attention is the Short Sunderland, which is getting rapidly closer. You hurriedly swivel your 20 mm cannon towards the approaching plane and squeeze the trigger... [Marksmanship 2] but miss completely. Clearly 20mm's handle a bit differently from sniper rifles. Where's the bolt action on this thing, anyway?
Fly towards the Short Sunderland.  Attempt to maneuver somewhat diagonally over it, such that the tip of one wingtip crashes into the SS's cockpit.
[Piloting 3] [short sunderland piloting 2] [short sunderland gunner tail machine gun 3] [sunderland dorsal turret 1] [sunderland left waist gunner 3] Amazingly, Groo's triumvirate of grey matter actually manages to determine which lever to pull in order to increase the speed of the B-17 enough to begin too catch up to the Short Sunderland. The Sunderland's tail gunner opens up with his machine gun, but only manages to put a volley of bullets into the extreme wing, making the whole plane shake but doing little actual damage. The Sunderland dorsal turret gunner forgets his training in the excitement. He fails to lead the target and instead simply holds down the trigger, wasting ammo and causing his gun to jam. The waist gunner fires at the tail of the Flying Fortress and valiantly manages to put a few insignificant holes in it.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 05:41:50 pm by MidnightJaguar »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2016, 05:13:58 pm »

"fuck."

Panic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11