Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: The worst artifact ever  (Read 17582 times)

dreiche2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The worst artifact ever
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2008, 04:26:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Janus:
<STRONG>Booya, 3600.

</STRONG>

The cold cyclone, a throne? Sounds like a stone toilet to me...

Khosan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2008, 06:33:00 pm »

Since artifacts have a 120x modifier for worth, 120 is probably the bottom end of it, but it'd be ridiculously hard to achieve that sort of fail in an artifact.

I'd say 1200 would probably the lowest anyone could expect to see.

MaxVance

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Internet User
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2008, 07:28:00 pm »

I got another crap artifact. Somehow, this one is also worth 4800. At least the dwarf got experiece for this one.

I pity the kobold thieves who come back from my fortress.

Cavalcadeofcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2008, 10:45:00 pm »

Just got the first artifact of a fortress.

Fokerkastar, "The Slippery Block", a Mudstone earring.

Mudstone earring, menacing with spikes of Mudstone, with an image on it of a Mudstone earring... in Mudstone.

This is the worst artifact I have ever gotten, and ties for worst with the ones on this thread.

Plus side: Useless trapper transforms into legendary stonecrafter!

Flame11235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2008, 11:48:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Khosan:
<STRONG>Since artifacts have a 120x modifier for worth, 120 is probably the bottom end of it, but it'd be ridiculously hard to achieve that sort of fail in an artifact.

I'd say 1200 would probably the lowest anyone could expect to see.</STRONG>

It's 240 and 2400, because an artifact makes a decoration with the material too.

Schmoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2008, 08:09:00 pm »

I have a rock crown worth 2400 on one fortress:
code:

Itnet Lorbam, "The Uncertainty of Standards", a Rock salt crown

This is a Rock salt crown.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  It is encrusted with Rock salt.

I have another fortress with a Larch bow, decorated with Larch, which is also worth 2400.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2008, 09:17:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Khosan:
<STRONG>I'd say 1200 would probably the lowest anyone could expect to see.</STRONG>

quote:
Originally posted by Lyrax:
<STRONG>I had a Rhyolite bed that was worth 480.</STRONG>
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

critical miracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2008, 01:26:00 pm »

My first dwarf possession resulted in a gypsum hatch cover encrusted with gypsum with an image of a gypsum hatch cover on it.

O BOY.

Boatmurderer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2008, 02:24:00 pm »

Usually at a new fortress the first artifact I get is a drowned psychotic dwarf. Maybe I'm playing wrong...

Slinkyfest

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2008, 01:05:00 am »

Uh... My first artifact was a dolomite idol. I've forgotten the name, only worth 4800, I got a legendary engraver out of it though. Course, over the next year I added about 300k worth to my fortress in engravings alone (most mastercraft) So I had a few dozen goblins invade. I lost my entire militia and a good number of labourers because I forgot to tell them to not haul dead bits and such. Sadly that was the end of my third fortress, it took me two years to design a well that came from a brook across the mountain, the valley, and down 10z layers or so. It was an awesome well... Had an emergency stair case on every level in case they fell in... Sigh... Stupid gobbies.
GENERATION 25:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Xombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2008, 02:15:00 am »

My very first artifact in DF was Ostotam, a Copper sarcophagus(i checked gamelog.txt). It was about ~36k i think. I made a mausoleum for the baron out of it, but sunavubitch never died.

Only useful artifact i've created was an iron crossbow. My minotaur adventurer used it(mostly as a hammer) to exterminate elves.

Slinkyfest

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2008, 03:36:00 pm »

... My awesome mason, the venerated Melbil Regsigun, just finished creating my first artifact for this hall... The jet coffin, Zagodudos "Gripman" (??) It is encircled with bands of jet. Its worth 2400, lovely... At least I got a legendary mason out of it...
GENERATION 25:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Chrispy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2008, 06:44:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Xombie:
<STRONG>My very first artifact in DF was Ostotam, a Copper sarcophagus(i checked gamelog.txt). It was about ~36k i think. I made a mausoleum for the baron out of it, but sunavubitch never died.
</STRONG>

Put it in the dining room, it'll make everyone happy.  That's what I do with all my furniture artifacts.  Ooh, a pretty cabinet!  Ooh, a pretty stone-fall trap!  Ooh, a pretty coffin!  

You never have to worry about one or two of em dying, 'cause they have pretty things to look at all the time.  Bread and circuses, bread and circuses baby!

Quote from: Toady
"This suggestion is very broad."
≡«+large yellow diamond+»≡
On the item is an exceptionally designed image of a diamond in yellow diamond.

Lyrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2008, 11:38:00 pm »

Yeah, the worst POSSIBLE artifact would be to get something worth 0-1 dwarfbucks, like a pile of bones or a shell, and have the artifact be made from that AND ONLY THAT.

It'll be worth 120 or 240.

I already posted my personal lowest, which is 480.  I'm nearly there, but rocks are just too valuable to get lower than that!

Witty

Comedian
Dabbling Pacifier
Dabbling Judge of Intent
Skilled Forum Poster

frostedfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2008, 06:52:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by critical miracle:
<STRONG>My first dwarf possession resulted in a gypsum hatch cover encrusted with gypsum with an image of a gypsum hatch cover on it.

O BOY.</STRONG>

well there's always that guy who got zinc chain mail with an image of zinc chain mail on it.  That's why it was so effective, people hit it and got caught in a recursive paradox or whatever  :p

the spinning bb round hits jack johnson, scumbag in the lower body!
it is pierced through entirely!
his right kidney has been poked out!
his liver has been mangled!

jack johnson, raider has been shot and killed.

The above (including bbcode) neatly weighs in at 255 characters. Fallout meets DF
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13