Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Sleight of Hand (Paranormal Minimalist)  (Read 4699 times)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
Re: Sleight of Hand (Paranormal Minimalist)
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2016, 04:52:42 pm »

Success! Now, to focus on the other pressing matters, like the corpse.

Pocket the pills, and examine the corpse for a cause of death.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2016, 08:10:22 pm »

"Everyone fucking calm down!

You.
Point to Clive. "Calm the fuck down. Let her speak damnit!

You."
Point to Louise. "Calmly tell me what happened here."
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

somokus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro tip: (points to avatar).
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2016, 09:23:21 pm »

Name:Mark Kinney
Spoiler: Secret (click to show/hide)
. Checks out what's going on upstairs with all that racket going on.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 09:43:09 pm by somokus »
I traveled space once....... I hated it.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2016, 09:31:38 pm »

Name:Mark Kinney
[spoiler=Secret] Always has a gun hidden on person.[/spoiler\]  goes to check out what's going on upstairs. "What the hell is that noise?"

((You may want to omit that last '/' and I suggest you pick another secret since we all see it now.))
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2016, 09:41:44 pm »

(Perhaps he's not very good at hiding the fact he's got a gun on him. Don't worry about secrets too much; as long as your characters don't act as if they know about secrets they couldn't possibly have discovered, it's all cool. It makes it that much more ironic.)

somokus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2016, 09:44:02 pm »

(Perhaps he's not very good at hiding the fact he's got a gun on him. Don't worry about secrets too much; as long as your characters don't act as if they know about secrets they couldn't possibly have discovered, it's all cool. It makes it that much more ironic.)
oh ummm. I already changed it..... Do u want me to change it back or am I good with what I got?

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2016, 09:45:59 pm »

((Personally, I want to be pretty in character and not know anybody else's secrets before everyone else.))

somokus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2016, 09:50:33 pm »

((Personally, I want to be pretty in character and not know anybody else's secrets before everyone else.))
And you don't think I don't?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2016, 09:54:15 pm »

oh ummm. I already changed it..... Do u want me to change it back or am I good with what I got?
Nah, you're good. Also, I think Sosuku was responding to my statement about secrets and not implying that you read other people's secrets.

somokus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2016, 10:08:39 pm »

I only really read his before I figured out I wasn't supposed to... Sorry Sosoku!

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2016, 10:10:25 pm »

1) If Anthony manages to get Clive away from me :
"I...I don't know... she w-was already..."

"...dead."

2) If not, scream at Clive :
"SHUT UP I DON'T KNOW ! SHE WAS ALREADY DEAD ! DEAD !"

And sobs uncontrollably.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2016, 11:13:29 pm »

Assuming that Nulle exists, they glare at the corpse as if it has personally offended them before taking a look for the cause of death.  One might note that they are twisting somewhat oddly as they do so.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Bad Horse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2016, 06:39:26 pm »

"It's a long story I was never told. Why aren't you with the others freaking out over whatever is upstairs?"
Idly converse with Jane, nothing better to do and it might ingratiate myself enough to keep her from mentioning it to her friends.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2016, 07:06:33 pm »

Riley & Null
Riley and that girl from science class (Neither Casey or Ciara - it's Null Pointe) check the body. Riley's trying not to throw up while Null gets a weird smirk on her face.

[???: 5] [???: 1] (One of you found something nobody knows about while the other just found came to the wrong conclusion.)

Clarissa's been stabbed a lot, but that didn't kill her. It looks like strangulation judging by the ropeburn around her neck.

"Heck," says Riley, wrinkling her nose at the body. "Seeing her like this, she's... she looks so..."

"Tasty?" offers Null.

Riley stares. "Uh, I wouldn't... I was thinking more," she kneels down and examines her arm. "I mean, I'm not a cop, but she's been murdered, right? And she's been dead for a month at least, but... I'm not a cop or anything but it looks like she's been bleeding recently, you know? How can you bleed that long?"

Null kneels down and strokes Clarissa's arm. "Nah, these wounds can't be new," Null says. She traces her finger across her jawline. "Look at her face. She's so peaceful. When people don't want to die, their faces twist up, eyes shut tight... She knew this would happen. This was willing."

Riley stares at Null. "Uh," she says. "Sure."

Anthony & Louise
[Anthony: 2] [Louise: 4] While those two creeps play with the body, Anthony steps up to Clive.

"You," he jabs his finger. "Calm the fuck down and let her talk, man!"

"We gotta detain her," says Clive, fighting back tears. "She's a suspect."

"She was already dead!" Louise breaks into terrified sobs, shaking so bad Clive drops her at his feet. "She was already dead..."
idontwanttobedeadlouise
Clive stares at Louise's huddle, eyes unfocused. He digs out his cell phone and dials it.

"Whoa whoa," says Anthony. "Who are you calling?"

"Calling the cops," Clive narrows his eyes at Anthony. "Like you should have done five minutes ago."

Mark
[4] Nearly tripping on the tails of your trenchcoat, you walk up the stairs. Louise is crying on the floor, those the new chick and that girl from science class are playing with a corpse, and it looks like Anthony an Clive are squaring off.

Lot of options open to you from here... lots of weaknesses to exploit.

David
[5] ""It's a long story I was never told," you say. "Why aren't you with the others freaking out over whatever is upstairs?"

Jane rolls her eyes. "I dunno, it feels..." she sighs. "I mean, I bet they're screaming cos Freakin' Todd just poured beer all over Anthony and now they got in a fight..."

"Yeah," you nod. "The usual bullshit."

"Exactly!" she points her palms up. "It's so predictable and stupid. And they're all the same... And..." her eyes glance downward and her brow creases. "I guess I'm kind of worried that I'm like them as well, really?"

You shake your head. "You aren't."

She brushes aside her hair from her forehead. "You know, I feel like going home," she looks into your eyes. "You wouldn't, uh, mind walking with me? If you're leaving too, I mean."

Shit, did you just hook the hottest girl in school trying to make smalltalk?
Maybe you shouldn't. You came here for Louise. Can you really abandon that?
But, then again, a bird in the hand...

somokus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2016, 07:45:25 pm »

Slowly back away to find Anthony,'s room. From then on silently look for clues that might suggest anything.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6