Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Sleight of Hand (Paranormal Minimalist)  (Read 4703 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Sleight of Hand (Paranormal Minimalist)
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2016, 07:52:28 pm »

Nulle considers Riley's argument.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2016, 07:57:27 pm »

"Yeah call the cops and drop the fucking murder accusations. I mean, what motive would she have for killing your girlfriend? I know you're upset, but this doesn't seem like something she'd do.

"I mean, you were kind of mean to her in class, because of her seizures and all, but that's the reason to just write profanity on your forehead in permanent marker while you're asleep, not murder your girlfriend.

Now, if we find evidence to the contrary, she is innocent. Now just calm down.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2016, 08:15:01 pm »

Louise begins to mutter to "herself" :
Spoiler: GM only I guess (click to show/hide)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2016, 10:56:22 pm »

Hmmm.... Weird.

Wait until the cops arrive so they can further analyze the body, I guess. Until then, attempt to calm down Clive.

"H... Hey! Stop making accusations! She could be a suspect.... yes, but..... we should wait until the cops get here before pointing fingers!"
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Bad Horse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2016, 11:29:28 pm »

Choices, choices.
Wouldn't want to leave the murderhobos too soon, though.
Where's the harm in pushing my luck? It got me this far.
"You're right, whatever's going on is probably insanely stupid but I'm a slave to curiosity. This isn't the squealing idiots kind of screaming, there's always the chance it's actually a big deal. Plus Freakin' Todd was right next to me when it all started so at least it's not his brand of stupid. I'm going to check it out before I leave, but it would be great if I found you at, say, the door in two minutes."
I turn to go after I get her answer, if it was positive I pivot back and, as an afterthought, scrawl my number on an old receipt in my pocket then hand it to her.
"Just in case plans change, you know?"

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2016, 11:34:05 pm »

Choices, choices.
"You're right, whatever's going on is probably insanely stupid but I'm a slave to curiosity. This isn't the squealing idiots kind of screaming, there's always the chance it's actually a big deal. Plus Freakin' Todd was right next to me when it all started so at least it's not his brand of stupid. I'm going to check it out before I leave, but it would be great if I found you at, say, the door in two minutes."
I turn to go after I get her answer, if it was positive I pivot back and, as an afterthought, scrawl my number on an old receipt in my pocket then hand it to her.
Then suddenly she stabs you. The End.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2016, 11:46:31 pm »

Teenage lust does battle with terror! Drunken courage goes toe-to-toe with common sense! Jealousy dukes it out with decency!
Will Ben stumble outside under the pretense of being concerned for that guy's injured hand? Will he force himself to stop watching, go into another room and push it from his mind? Or will he simply remain standing there, writhing with indecision?!

Tune in next turn to find out!
Whatever he does, he'll probably forget he's holding the empty bottle. Dumbass.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bad Horse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2016, 04:36:50 pm »

Choices, choices.
Then suddenly she stabs you. The End.
I'll admit, I actually checked if you were the GM.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2016, 12:13:40 am »

Mark
[5] Without being noticed, you slink off to Anthony's room and push open the door.
The floor is carpeted in garbage and the walls covered in random words possessing a lot of consonants and apostrophes.
Lying open on its spine is a book clad in leather. You think you can hear whispers.

Null Pointe
[4] You think about Riley's theory. Looking it over again, the blood is recent but the body most certainly is not. Now how can that be?
Zombies are a possibility, as they always are. But Clarissa isn't moving now and unless someone put a bullet in her brain without blowing her head off, she should be up and eating people.
It could be vampires. Maybe Clarissa's in a deathly coma. But then, how could she be out in the sunlight last month? And who turned her in the intervening time?
Whatever, none of this addresses what the hell she was doing in the ceiling.

Riley, Anthony, & Louise
(Nakéen: If you have no problem showing your secret, show it. If you want it to remain a secret, hide it. Whichever floats your boat.)
[Riley: 5] [Anthony: 4] [Louise: 4]
Riley glares at Clive.

"H... Hey! Stop making accusations! She could be a suspect, yes, but we should wait until the police get here before pointing fingers!"

Anthony nods, stepping right up to Clive. "Yeah, call the cops and drop the fucking murder accusations. I mean, what motive would she have for killing your girlfriend? I know you're upset, but this doesn't seem like something she'd do.

"I mean, you were kind of mean to her in class, because of her seizures and all, but that's the reason to just write profanity on your forehead in permanent marker while you're asleep, not murder your girlfriend.

Now, if we find evidence to the contrary, she is innocent. Now just calm down."

Clive nods. He furrows his brow, glaring at Anthony. His eyes dart back to the bathroom and the body. A little voice squawks on his cell phone.

"I'd like to report a murder," he says, glaring directly at Anthony.
tellthemtellthemitall
Louise stands up, like a puppet being drawn up on her strings. She points at Riley.
changedherselfcompletelycosshecanttakehimself
She points at Anthony.
theropethebloodtheropetheblood
She points at that girl from science class.
smileoutsideevilinside
She rolls her head back, barks at the ceiling, then regains her composure. Louise looks around at the assembled group staring at her. She clasps her hands and looks down, biting her lip.

Ben & David
[Ben: 4] [David: 3] David hands Jane his number written on the back of a receipt.
thenshestabsyou
Her lower lip sticks out and quivers adorably. "Well, I kind of have to go now..." she lets out a sigh. "I was kinda hoping you'd... Nevermind."

"I'll be back in five, I can catch up," David shrugs. "If not, you can ring me later. There's no problem."

"Well, okay," says Jane. "Catch you later, alligator."

David waves and brushes past Ben, who nearly tumbles to the ground. Jane hops the fence onto the street. Ben follows after her, clambering over it.

He walks alongside her, straightening his spine and putting his fingers into his jeans like he's a cowboy.

"Your home's this way?" she asks. Ben nods, even though it's two miles in the opposite direction.

They walk in silence for a while. Jane looks at Ben.

"Listen, I'm really sorry and I know I know you, but your name totally slipped my mind," she says. "Was it Ben?"

His eyes go wide and he nods like a bobblehead.

"Oh," she keeps her eyes forward.

Ben's got this in the bag. Provided he's cool with being sloppy seconds.

Back at the house, David runs up the stairs and stumbles upon the clusterfuck that the hallway outside the bathroom has become.
He spots Mark slip into Anthony's bedroom.
Too many intriguing events.
(I keep debating in my head whether or not to make Jane a lamia or something. I know it'd be obvious, but she's too damn... normal. It's creeping me out.)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2016, 12:34:38 am »

Riley is agape.

"Wha.... What?"
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2016, 01:37:03 am »

Assess drunkeness levels. I doubt I'm drunk enough to not be terrified right now...

"That party was..." she's leaving so early, she mustn't have been feeling it, say something smart, "...kind of a drag, huh?"
After firing his opening salvo, Ben falls silent and tries to keep his composure whilst still (preferably) walking in a straight line.    
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2016, 07:59:35 am »

Riley is agape.

"Wha.... What?"
"Upon further review.  This blood is surprisingly recent.  Especially given the time of death.  That is definitely strange and inexplicable.

Anthony.  What have you to say for yourself?  This is your house, after all, and I am somewhat suspicious of the owner of a house not knowing what the recently acquired bodies are doing in it.

Especially if they're bleeding fresh like that.

Which is definitely strange and inexplicable but still a cause for more alarm than usual with bodies falling out of the walls and ceiling.

Definitely strange and inexplicable.

Unless this is a horror novel, ha ha.  Ha.   Ha."
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 08:03:02 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Bad Horse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2016, 11:20:35 am »

"What."
Shocked at the double dose of corpse and the teenagers playing doctor with one of the corpses. I grab a random party-goer and ask for explanation.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2016, 07:51:32 pm »

"You know, this seems to happen in every town I have ever even visited; people die and I either end up visiting someone who killed a bunch if people or someone else dies in the middle of a party. I remember back in Boulder I went to my friend's house for a party pretty similar to this. About 2:00 or so in the morning, a somebody died on the stairs. It also looked quite a bit like this. Then that other time, in New Brooklyn, when they found twelve bodies in that one girl's house. I'd been visiting with my grandmother then. I was invited to that party littlerally three days into being there.

" I know I seem really, really... Calm? It's just that, seeing so many people die or be dead has actually made this not really a surprise to me. Someone in town may be hiding bodies in my house. I know that, since this is my house, I am prime suspect numero uno, but, why would I hide dead bodies in my own house? And why would I murder a friend of mine?"
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

somokus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro tip: (points to avatar).
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2016, 07:58:08 pm »

Check out the black clad and get out of there.
I traveled space once....... I hated it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6