Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Sleight of Hand (Paranormal Minimalist)  (Read 4724 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sleight of Hand (Paranormal Minimalist)
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2016, 08:06:25 pm »

((I'm not sure of what happened, did I speak or did I just point at people ?))

Anyway.

If I spoke, look with panic at the three person.
If I didn't, look with panic and says :

To Riley :"I know why you changed yourself..."
To Anthony :"The...Rope..."
To the girl from science class :"You...Clad yourself in a false smile..."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2016, 09:01:41 pm »

(Not too big a thing, but if you guys could focus on actions I could roll for as well as roleplaying, that'd be great. Louise didn't speak, by the way. That was Clarissa.)
Anthony, Null, Riley, & Louise
Riley hugs the wall, gripping onto the curtain. Louise sits down after her outburst, slumping her shoulders.

Null moves on and questions Anthony about the corpse, needling him with rapidfire questions and accusations. Anthony responds with a story about his dark, corpse-stewn past.

Clive's eyes dart between the two.

[Null: 3] [Anthony: 4] [By a hair...]
"No, uh, scratch that," Clive rubs the back of his head. "I didn't... no-one saw anyone hurt her. Hang on a sec." Clive puts his hand over the receiver and looks at Anthony. "What's the address?"

Null tilts her head. Anthony put his hands in his pockets and raises an eyebrow.

"224 Meridew Lane," he says. "Take the first right off the highw--"

"She hides a false smile," Louise looks to Null. "I know why you changed yourself," she looks to Riley.
Louise looks at Anthony.

"The rope," she says.

[Louise: 2] Anthony smiles. "What rope?"

Louise slumps down while Anthony starts talking to Clive again. Riley sits next to Louise, leaning forward.

"How, er," says Riley. "How did you know?"

Louise narrows her eyes. "Know what?"

Riley looks at the floor. "Nothing."

David
Of all the party members to willing tk speak to you, it had to be Freakin' Todd.

"Listen, Todd," you say. "I've got a very pretty lady waiting for me and I have no idea what's going on in here. In as succinct a manner as you can muster, tell me what the fuck happened here."

[5] Todd takes off his sunglasses. "Louise found a body in the bathroom, freaked her out. Anthony joined in, Clive beat Louise up a little. Riley and that girl from science class showed up as well, they played a little with the body. I think Louise has something weird going on, science class too L's cool, though, but science class is dangerous. I know you're sweet on Louise so here's my bro-tip: she's vulnerable. Be a friend, a shoulder to cry on, tell Clive off and stand up for her when the cops fuck with her, which they will. You bring her home, establish to her parents you're a cool guy, give her your phone number and say you're there day or night... She's in the bag."

Freakin' Todd takes a long and loud sup of his red cup.

Wow. That was solid advice. Utterly detestable, but solid nonetheless. And he gave you a good primer on the situation. Maybe Freakin' Todd, if not good per say, is not so bad?

Mark
[6] Okay, this is crazytown USA, you gotta get out of here, you gotta...
Man, that is a really nice book. Maybe you could stay one more second.

You creep over and look at the pages.   They're crumbling apart in your hands and all the text is in a nonsense language. Though it does have a few funny words. Cleeb. Mumpucket. Spagoa. Hah, that one made you giggle.

"Heh," you snort. "Spagoa."

A flash of light transports you to a vast desert. You stand on an elevated highway covered in car wrecks. A tribe of people with circuit-board jewellery jab their fingers are you.

"Spagoa! Spagoa! Spagoa!" they chant. You still have the book in your hands.

You feel very stupid right now.

Ben
[2]"Man, that party was a drag, right?" you say.

"Pretty bad," she says, keeping an eye on the sidewalk.

"Yeah," you nod.

Come on, you're dying on your ass, say something cool!

"Soooo, what's your favourite power ranger?" you ask, stepping over a sleeping homeless person. Man, Jane lives in a shitty part of town.

"I didn't watch that," she says.

"Mine is Pink, cos," you burp. "She's a girl. But she's not a slut!"

There's a pause.

"Did I say that?" you say. "Fuuuuck, Jane, I'm so sorry, that was so sexy, Xerxes, no, sexist--"

Jane stops and bursts into tears.
You stop and awkwardly stare at her.
Man, even when she's sobbing she's hot.
Wait. That's a horrible thing to think.
Still true.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2016, 09:08:52 pm »

Defend self from further accusations with *shudders* logic, while we wait for the cops to get here.

The party is ruined once again with death, but, no matter, go back in my room and reach for the medicine behind the heavily graffitied piggybank.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2016, 09:16:04 pm »

Louise is feeling sick.

Stand up and ask to go for an empty bedroom. If it succeeds, sits on a bed and calm myself.

Spoiler: GM (click to show/hide)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2016, 10:00:58 pm »

Let's have some appropriate music.

Null whispers into Louise's ear.

"One, the rope.  She had rope wounds and you didn't look at the body.  Two, yes, there is something I hide.  I'd rather not talk about it because it sets off all the cultists in a fifty-mile radius.  Yes, the Lovecraft kind of cultists.  Don't ask.  Seriously.  So...You getting information from a different side of things?  S'cool if you are.  Just want to check that."

Null raises her voice just a bit, aiming to be audible down the phone lines.

"I do believe miss Louise might be referring to the signs of strangulation upon this here corpse, done with a rope, Anthony.  And I'm inclined to trust that accusation.

Notwithstanding that, I highly doubt this rationalization of familiarity with death, as you have only mentioned this now instead of, say, anytime in the past ever.

Hmm?

Hmm."

Null leans in and gives Anthony a frankly...Unsettling grin.  It's even more unsettling because Anthony could swear, for just a second, that the teeth were far, far more pointy.

"What have you to say for yourself?  Nothing?   More blatant lies?  I would love to know.

And don't go the 'why would I have a reason to kill her'.  That body looks like it was intentionally mutilated to some standard.  To a pattern, even.

Cults aren't known for not killing based on personal attraction.

Defend yourself, Anthony.

Because I'm pretty darn sure you play a part in this.

And considering the multitude of ritualistically mutilated corpses...  I saw the one in the bathroom, by the way...

I cannot help but think somebody's doing something they shouldn't be."
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 10:18:45 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2016, 10:53:21 pm »

Null whispers into Louise's ear.

-green snip-
Asking to for a serene time in the bedroom intensifies.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2016, 10:59:39 pm »

"And while there appear to be rope burns, I see no rope around here to speak of, ritualistic butchering means nothing, save the person or persons who killed her having some higher motive for making the specific marks, be they sentimental or cultist, and thirdly,"

At this point Anthony leans in close to Null and whispers:

To the rest.

"Fourthly, the logical thing for any murderer to do is to cover his tracks with an unassuming scapegoat. And lastly, as for the whole not telling you guys about the whole death everywhere thing is that, unless it actually happens, like now for instance, there zero reason for me to talk about the sheer amount of death I've seen. In fact, most of the time I'm uncomfortable just thinking about it."
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2016, 11:14:12 pm »

((Oh damn, he really misjudged Null.))

Null listens to Anthony... and gapes.  She writhes in shock at the words exiting his mouth.  Something ripples in an unnatural fashion.  After Anthony finishes talking...

"Well I was not expecting to hear you say that.

Excuse me, phone please.  I have murders to report.

Oh, and, my 'goal', Anthony?

Stay the fuck out of cultist shit.  Like yours.

I just want to be bloody normal but noooo, I run into cults even when I'm sneaking out of the bloody WPP for an evening of normal partying like normal people and like half of us aren't even normal are we!  What with the one-man cult, the..., and then the target of half the cults in the entire bloody country!

Oh, whatever.  It doesn't matter.  What does, though...

Anthony just confessed to the kidnapping and ritual murder of four families, but NOT Clarissa - DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT I'm sorry but I'm inclined to believe him here, sorry sir or ma'am their surviving partner is here- at [address].  I am going to punch him now."

Punch him.  Anthony that is.  Then hold him down.

Spoiler: GM (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 11:33:54 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2016, 11:31:01 pm »

"Oh my! Did you guys hear that. I have a demonic presence to make deals with, now I am going to my room. You can feel free to lock the doors and call the cops for murders, but of course, I have other business to attend to. Now, good day to you all. AND BURN IN HELL, 'OLD ONE'!"

And with that, dodge those punches and any incoming grapplers while absconding to my room.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2016, 11:33:26 pm »

"Stop him.  Before he actually does that."

Continue attempts to detain Anthony, throwing secrecy to the wind if necessary.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 11:36:45 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2016, 11:40:28 pm »

Don't ask for permission to run for a nearby bedroom. Need calm.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2016, 11:41:06 pm »

"And by 'Old one', I mean our own Lovecraftian horor, 'NULL'. You wanted to eat the bodies. I could have let you consume them and grown stronger. I could have made a deal with Satan to help alleviate you of the cultists in the immediate area. But, no ho ho. You wouldn't be swayed by a measly deal with the devil. Now would you?. But, I can see now that the only way of making this right is unmaking it! Once again, I bid you adiue."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2016, 11:55:50 pm »

"And yet I have never acted upon any of the instincts from the eldritch side I've been cursed with, despite temptations and urges and repeated kidnappings, while you SLAUGHTERED PEOPLE.  You.  Killed.  People.

Tell me, who's the monster?  Because I rather think it isn't me."

((Masquerade Status:Probably blown to bits.))
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 12:02:35 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2016, 12:09:39 am »

"Ooh. I'm actually hurt by that statement. Didn't you know, monster is a relative term. To a normal person like Clive over there furiously redialing police, we are both 'monster'. Whereas, you aren't a monster to yourself, not the other Eldritch h beings that call you gubfbsi, or whatever the fuck their word for sister is. And to me, I'm not a monster, I have my own motives and goals that do not coincide with prison or being devoured by an individual of the Eldritch variety. I simply wish to return myself to the plane of the demonic DJs. And I had to murder some people to get there. Now if you excuse me, I have a ritual to recomplete. This time with a hint of basil. Now quit pestering me. Cthulhu's mosquito, honestly."

As posted before, bob and weave to avoid grapplers and punches.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2016, 12:18:11 am »

"You think I wanted this?  Do you know why I never come to parties?  Because cultists are trying to kidnap me for who knows what ritual and I've been hiding myself my entire life because my mother had the good sense to not bring about the apocalypse.  I know my eldritch, but it's self-defense and if shoggothese has a word for friend I've never bothered to learn it.  None of them are my friends."

As before, keep trying to take him down.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 12:20:43 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6