Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26

Author Topic: Civilization VI  (Read 53582 times)

Bitoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Civilization VI
« on: May 11, 2016, 11:12:45 am »

http://www.civilization.com/

Some interesting stuff like multi-tile cities ala Endless Legend and some sort of dynamic research shown so far, also some level of unit stacking?
Begin hype sequence.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 10:20:19 am by Bitoru »

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization VI was just announced!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 11:18:41 am »

WOOOOOOOO!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 12:10:34 pm »

Isn't it a bit soon? They aren't finished fixing 5!
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 12:12:58 pm »

Wow that is one cartoony art style.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 12:14:57 pm »

Wow that is one cartoony art style.
I'm kinda sad to see the Civ V style probably go away. I liked the Art-Deco-y design.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 12:15:25 pm »

WOOT.

I very much dislike the $80 CAD price tag though.  I might wait till it goes on sale, which I usually don't do with the Civ's.

Edit:  I guess its equivilent to about 62 dollars US at the moment, which isn't entirely unreasonable.  I'll think about it.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 12:28:07 pm by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2016, 12:20:33 pm »

I got burned when i bought a game of the year edition just to get informed that the edition does not in fact house all of the expansions.
instead i got a bunch of pointless nations and a random map generator or something.
And knowing them buying civ6 will equate to just getting the demo since all the features previous games had will be reintroduced at a later date for an exorbitant amount of money.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2016, 12:22:46 pm »

It's already been confirmed that CivVI is going to have the features from BNW and G&K.
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2016, 12:59:23 pm »

That trailer is hyping me up more than it has any right to really :V

But I guess that's what you get when you combine awesome music with what sounds like Sean Bean. Anyways, the new features sound really cool, love how they're taking cues from other games in the genre to spice up the core gameplay of Civ. Also agreed on the art style, while it's by no means bad, CiV one was way nicer imho.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2016, 02:07:28 pm »

Honestly a bit hard to get excited about, for me. With all the stuff that's come out lately, Civilization just isn't the big quality name that it was half a decade ago.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2016, 02:18:51 pm »

I loved Civ Rev, but just the association with it makes the graphics seem much worse than they actually are. The details are actually pretty good compared to Civ 5 and the designs look nice as well.

That being said, I definitely preferred Civ5's style. It still felt stylized while looking realistic.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2016, 02:23:25 pm »

So does this mean Civ beyond earth is finally abandoned then?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2016, 02:28:08 pm »

Probably, they must've realised it'd be easier to just make a new game rather than to continue trying to fix the mess that was BE
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2016, 02:33:58 pm »

Is this supposed to be a website? It seems to have failed worse than I've ever seen a site fail before, and I'm not even blocking it from running javascript.  :o

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2016, 02:57:19 pm »

Me and my roommate have a long standing tradition.  Randomly out the blue one of us will suddenly just say "Civ?".  If the other responds "Civ?!?!" then we both must waste way too many hours playing Civilization multiplayer.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26