Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26

Author Topic: Civilization VI  (Read 54092 times)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization VI was just announced!
« Reply #300 on: October 28, 2016, 04:15:33 pm »

New rule: If I catch your fucking spy, you no longer have a spy. Don't ask me about getting them back because they're mine now. My enemies, my friends, even my allies are constantly sending spies to steal my money and tech. I'm gonna catch em, I'm gonna keep em, and then eventually there will be no more spies.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 28, 2016, 04:16:36 pm »

New rule: If I catch your fucking spy, you no longer have a spy. Don't ask me about getting them back because they're mine now. My enemies, my friends, even my allies are constantly sending spies to steal my money and tech. I'm gonna catch em, I'm gonna keep em, and then eventually there will be no more spies.
Sounds like someone really hates spies.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 28, 2016, 04:26:42 pm »

My roommate will happily give me a spy back if I give him a whole city.   :P
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 28, 2016, 05:33:49 pm »

Very soon I will have five uber spies thanks to counterspying and nobody else will have any, then I will really love spies. Mostly though I hate that the AI's sense of diplomacy is to try and get one over on you regardless of your relationship. I'm sure that in a highlander metagame sense it works but I'm almost never trying to win the game in Civ. All that effects is the message that I get before I click one more turn and continue playing as a leader trying to bring my country to greatness.   

Also I think there's something fucky about the way the AI calculates GPT. I just made a deal with Philip II for 194 gold per turn and then on the next turn when I tried to make another deal he had 194 gold per turn. If my loans aren't bankrupting civs then I'm really not exerting as much control as I thought.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 28, 2016, 06:04:33 pm »

My enemies, my friends, even my allies are constantly sending spies to steal my money and tech.
Mostly though I hate that the AI's sense of diplomacy is to try and get one over on you regardless of your relationship.
Seems realistic to me.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 28, 2016, 08:02:21 pm »

My enemies, my friends, even my allies are constantly sending spies to steal my money and tech.
Mostly though I hate that the AI's sense of diplomacy is to try and get one over on you regardless of your relationship.
Seems realistic to me.

Yeah that seems... right actually

Also:  My current game has a repeatable crash.  I sent in a report, and I hope it's fixed soon in the next patch so I can keep playing.  Does anyone know when there is one due?
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 28, 2016, 09:40:32 pm »

Seems realistic to me.
Realpolitik. Machiavelli Bismarck DLC when?
I'M NOT HERE TO CHAT, I'M HERE TO DANCE OVER YOUR DEFEAT.
Imagine how much more exciting the dinosaur exhibits would be if we had necromancers.
Sigtext

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 29, 2016, 05:39:06 am »

"If at first you don't succeed, spy spy again."
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 29, 2016, 06:13:49 am »

Seems realistic to me.
It would be more realistic if they were motivated by kinship or fear. I might be their only friend in the world, I might have a reputation for reducing my enemies into radioactive ash but no combination of carrot and stick can persuade them that I'm the wrong person to fuck with.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 29, 2016, 07:04:15 am »

Seems realistic to me.
It would be more realistic if they were motivated by kinship or fear. I might be their only friend in the world, I might have a reputation for reducing my enemies into radioactive ash but no combination of carrot and stick can persuade them that I'm the wrong person to fuck with.
There are no friends in politics, only people you exploit less openly.  :P

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 29, 2016, 08:18:00 am »

Seems realistic to me.

Still realistic, people tried to test the Mongols during the height of their power after-all. There are plenty of examples of places that decided "Lets piss off the much stronger neighbor!" Of course those tend to go poorly but that's how the story goes.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 30, 2016, 08:22:17 pm »

By the way, I did eventually find a mod to slow down tech and culture rates by era as I was whining about earlier.

It's here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/slower-tech-by-era.600579/

You can even customize the rates yourself.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #312 on: October 31, 2016, 07:05:48 am »

I would like to mention that the biggest problem with tech right now is the way AI handles it. Due to resource requirements, AI won't upgrade units that require resources (Like Warrior - Swordsman) and due to the fact that upgrades to the ones that don't (Spearmen - Pikemen, Slinger - Archer) are dead ends on the tech tree, and thus have VERY LOW priority, AI ends up with Warrior/Slinger/Spearmen armies forever.

There is a mod that fixes it, I think. I am currently playing with it, and while I am hitting Industrial Age by 50 AD, AI is not far behind me and they actually have Musketmen and Cavalry!
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization VI
« Reply #313 on: November 01, 2016, 06:15:19 am »

What speed/difficulty are you on to be hitting Industrial Age by 50 AD? That seems super early.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Civilization VI
« Reply #314 on: November 01, 2016, 06:18:04 am »

King on Epic, I think. I didin't want to go too high since the AI was supposed to be better, and since it's barely trailing behind, I suppose that at Emperor it would be golden.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26