Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.43.02 Released  (Read 39756 times)

steel jackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNIQUE_DEMON]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.43.02 Released
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2016, 09:20:02 pm »

so ive been lost in skyrim and i come back to find a new version, always great when that happens.
so these new fortress mode features, are they like dfhacks workflow thing? because for that to be vanilla would be the greatest thing ever
i am a dwarf and im digging a hole, diggy diggy hole

my art: http://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/tylerrobotnik/

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2016, 10:15:11 pm »

A lot of them are, yeah. I think there are a few small differences, but the DFHack team has been discussing obsoleting workflow, so it's a really good replacement.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Chaosegg

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch what is done more than what is said.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2016, 06:15:15 am »

so ive been lost in skyrim and i come back to find a new version, always great when that happens.
so these new fortress mode features, are they like dfhacks workflow thing? because for that to be vanilla would be the greatest thing ever
Requiem overhaul mod is the only way to Skyrim! :D

Yeah that is what it sounds like, with regard to the workflow... I'm excited as hell too.
***Likes 'green' airships for their efficiency.***
Creative seeking other creative TTRPGers to join, or join me, for  immersive, fun, creative, team-crafted stories. Setting flexible; mostly sci-fi &/or fantasy (I know SW, MiddleEarth, DnD, & ST best, but Ulisses Spiele & Cypher System high on list too. There are a few other niche sys. like DCC, a homebrew 3.5 or Pathfndr I/II; But at this point I'd even DM or play a well-run 5e game. Let the ideas flow, and never forget the 4 pillars of an RPG!

Mahdarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2016, 08:00:33 pm »

Download (Click refresh on your browser if it doesn't show up)

(*) Ability to build up new sites in adv mode, either yourself or by assigning companions
   (*) Ability to do carpentry in adv mode

How do I do these things?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2016, 09:09:49 pm »

(*) Ability to build up new sites in adv mode, either yourself or by assigning companions

'b' to build (as Toady said in the announcement).
Carpentry is in the 'x' menu along with bone carving, axe making and butchering. Requires a carpenters workshop (build in the build interface 'b'.)

draeath

• Bay Watcher
  • So it has come to this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2016, 01:43:30 pm »

Looks like Workflow and Adventure Fort are being assimilated, and I love it!

Also, that teaser about 64-bit support... I wonder how much data we'll manage to force into the game before it folds the universe in half and unmakes reality :)
Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.
This kea is so raw it stole my wheelbarrow!

Mahdarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2016, 04:04:33 pm »

'b' to build (as Toady said in the announcement).
Carpentry is in the 'x' menu along with bone carving, axe making and butchering. Requires a carpenters workshop (build in the build interface 'b'.)
Thanks! :D

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2016, 07:29:27 pm »

Awesome quote from Toady on the bug tracker today regarding fixing the sudden eruptions of violence in visitors at the start of a siege:
basically, one of your residents was the grandchild of a bandit and the visitors, fighting for justice, took advantage of the siege to jump into the fight on the side of the troll. I've adjusted some numbers.
Pages: 1 2 [3]