Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Zones/Rooms  (Read 1825 times)

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Zones/Rooms
« on: May 20, 2016, 06:55:06 am »

Ok, I've built myself a nice 2 bedroom cabin in the woods with the help of a couple of followers.  I'm now in the zones/rooms option menu and was wondering if there's somewhere I can find a bit of information on what everything does?  Especially confused on the flow, and the assign location, and if it were possible to just designate a bedroom for myself and another for my followers?

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zones/Rooms
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 09:30:03 pm »

It's possible to assign rooms to people. I did it for myself I think. I just need to go back in and fiddle with that to figure it out.

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 03:00:04 pm »

nods, I've gotten names to show up in the assignment menu but it was after I labeled it as a meeting hall, library, inn, etc...but I don't really want bedrooms to be any of those things :/ thank you for the response though

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 04:54:46 am »

nods, I've gotten names to show up in the assignment menu but it was after I labeled it as a meeting hall, library, inn, etc...but I don't really want bedrooms to be any of those things :/ thank you for the response though
It's a bit fiddly, but you'll note when setting zones that it's Esc for "done" rather than "cancel". Paint your zone, then instead of tapping 'l' for location, just hit escape. Your zone will be defined and you can then assign it to someone.