Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Moments of Remorse  (Read 7621 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Moments of Remorse
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2016, 02:25:09 am »

Heh, I'm more of a non-worshipping-worshipper of Chaos. I like the rage part of Khorne and his symbol and how it all generates battlefield psychos able to take down many upon many in the Wh40k lore (Very fitting for DF combat if ya ask me).

Blood for Armok, god of blood. So now we can get a DF, WH, and DoomRL reference all rolled up into one. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2016, 02:39:43 am »

Heh, I'm more of a non-worshipping-worshipper of Chaos. I like the rage part of Khorne and his symbol and how it all generates battlefield psychos able to take down many upon many in the Wh40k lore (Very fitting for DF combat if ya ask me).

Blood for Armok, god of blood. So now we can get a DF, WH, and DoomRL reference all rolled up into one. o3o

This is epic enough that it needs its very own original musical composition. :o
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2016, 07:17:12 am »

More a sad story than a moment of remorse : A month ago I made myself a new character; A human male who loved a good fight, but wasn't all that much interested in killing random people for fun, preferring a true challenge to a simplistic murder. I then recruited a random guy who worked for the local lord, and by talking to him, I soon realized he had almost the same attitude and morals. We quickly became friend, and we traveled the world far and wide, looking for strong opponents to challenge. He saved my life a few times, killing enemies who were about to deal me a lethal blow and preventing goblins and bandits from ambushing us during the night. One day, as we were invading a dark fortress so that we could challenge the demon living in it, we were having the time of our lifes; We laughed in joy as the demon proved to be a greater challenge then anything we had seen before. As I was about to deal the final blow, the fiend threw a spear to my friend, piercing his chest. Thinking it was nothing he couldn't survive (He had once been badly beaten up by a Bronze Colossus and survived without any lasting damage after all), I ended the monster, and went to help him back on his feet.

I then realized he was dying. Rushing to his side, I saw that the spear had gone right through his steel breastplate and had punctured his right lung. I could do nothing as he struggled for air, and as he looked up at me, I knew that he would never allow himself to die like this. Offering him a more honorable (And quick) death, I stabbed him in the neck, mangling his spinal cord and making sure his death would be painless. A few minutes after he passed away, I decided to butcher him.

To this day (It's been many months in-game since it happened), I carry his skull in my backpack, defeating stronger and stronger opponents. I feel bad about not bringing him back to his family sometimes, but he was a warrior : He wouldn't have wanted to be buried in a cemetery, to be forgotten in a few generation; He would have wanted to be carried in battle, so that his afterlife could be spent doing what he liked the most : Fighting
Unless his left lung was also destroyed, he would have survived perfectly fine. I'm pretty sure you completely unnecessarily killed them.
...fuck

EDIT: Well, I suppose that counts as both my biggest regret and as the most hilarious thing I've done then

Should have left his body where it was, then gone on a new quest to hunt down the secrets of immortality, vanquishing many undead in the process, and then return victorious to the tomb of your friend to raise him to fight once more. After all, as a warrior he would rather be dead and fighting than simply dead.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2016, 08:27:06 am »

Armok and Kek are the only true gods. Blood for Armok and memes (and repeating digits) for Kek.

I've done quite a few things myself that I felt remorse for. The first really awful moment for me was one I've posted before - during a bandit raid on a village, I killed all of them except for a human hammerwoman. I proceeded to break all the joints in her body, and mangled her face (punching out her teeth, gouging out her eyes, cutting off her ears and biting off her tongue). Then I ripped off all her clothes and threw them back at her (which ended up breaking the bone in one of her hands, somehow).

I left her crawling for a few seconds before I mercy-killed her.

Another moment, I was a spearman going after a minotaur. I found it's labyrinth, and after a build-up of it constantly threatening me, when I finally came across it went "I must withdraw" and ran straight into a corner - I then stabbed it, which broke some bones and knocked it out - what made it feel even worse is that I tried to go for a quick mercy kill by stabbing it in the head with my spear, but it took like 5 stabs before it tore the brain. I imagined the minotaur just sitting in a fetal position going "oh Armok, what do they want? What the hell do they want?" after it realized that threats didn't scare my group off.

After I started modding, I once fought a chimera as a centaur - it tore my upper spine's nervous tissue with it's stinger, which left me crawling around the ground. At that point I started biting, since I knew I was going to die anyway - a bite to the paw knocked it out, at which point I started biting off all of the chimera's toes, and also all of it's heads ears, tongues, and eyes. It didn't die, but I suffocated.

When I went there later, the thing was mangled and completely blinded, so it wouldn't react even when I was beating on it. I imagine it acting like a really traumatized dog or something, letting everything happen. Just with wings, a stinger, and 3 different heads. Felt pretty bad. Not quite as bad as the previous two stories, considering the chimera actually killed me once, but eh.

Lastly, I got attacked by a murloc child, as I killed his father in front of him (to my defense, I was just following orders - my military commander gave me a quest to kill a murloc who was the mayor of a hamlet) - what made it bad for me is that I went a bit overboard with finishing the child off - I spilled his guts, then punched them, giving the "injured part is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass", after which I severed them.

I'm guessing the sequence of events was something like a Mortal Kombat fatality - I spilled the guts, punched them back inside the body, making them come out of the murlocs mouth in a pulped form, then I severed them as they were hanging there.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2016, 11:58:26 am »

I sometimes regret letting various folk of any kind live. Usually I spare them out of a sense of laziness, and I feel later like my professional integrity has been somehow damaged.

We must maintain standards, after all.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 2 [3]